General New Zealand Politics

If there was an election today, who would you vote for?

• National

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Labour

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Greens

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • NZ First

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Act

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • New Conservative Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • None of then

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
wizards rage

wizards rage

Adding to this is up to 10 iwi groups are involved.
You do understand the spirits of the deceased in Maori legend, exit off the cliffs at the end of Matua and those ships frequenting this area disturb this process.

And that’s just 1 iwi…

Reactions: john nick
bruce

bruce

Contributor
No that was stupid.
The last time I birthed at Marsden point was about 5 years ago and it only had 3 births. Possibly some additional births since then but needs a lot of extensions to accommodate the requirements
Ye but they have plenty of land to build on

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I think Tauranga is waiting for extensions to be approved. Held up by certain factions.
That is more feasible for the immediate future.
Just my opinion.
They have made themselves and option but why are they better than Marsden Point?

john nick

john nick

They have made themselves and option but why are they better than Marsden Point?
Probably because of the infrastructure that is already in place.
They're running out of space.
Marsden point has a lot of undeveloped space.
However I think both have their own limitations.
I will add that my point about Tauranga as a port was particularly as an option rather than Napier.That was the question I was replying to and not a comment about Marsden point.

Last edited:
Reactions: dean and bruce
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Probably because of the infrastructure that is already in place.
They're running out of space.
Marsden point has a lot of undeveloped space.
However I think both have their own limitations
Yes they do, but Northland is the better option if they had the balls to sort out the rail link.

john nick

john nick

Yes they do, but Northland is the better option if they had the balls to sort out the rail link.
True Bruce and providing housing for staff and consents and dredging and....
All these problems are not insurmountable as I have said but they are obstacles.

Reactions: bruce

Mr Brownstone

Going over old ground here, however until Tauranga hits 2.8m TEU containers then it’s the best option for any container volume exported out of the central/upper north island catchment. It’s currently running around 1.2m TEU so a heap of growth still available, assuming they get past the iwi obstacles - if they don’t then that’s very troubling for NZ Inc, particularly given Auckland can’t sort its shit out.

Reactions: Kestrel84 and bruce
john nick

john nick

Going over old ground here, however until Tauranga hits 2.8m TEU containers then it’s the best option for any container volume exported out of the central/upper north island catchment. It’s currently running around 1.2m TEU so a heap of growth still available, assuming they get past the iwi obstacles - if they don’t then that’s very troubling for NZ Inc, particularly given Auckland can’t sort its shit out.
Any mail on Tauranga trying to bring in automation.
It was an obvious disaster in Auckland but I understand many ports around the world are successfully using it 😀

john nick

john nick

What sort of board appoints a delusional CEO? I know, no need to ask :rolleyes: .
He was put there for the a purpose.
To break the union but the union is still there and he is gone with still further outcomes to be faced.
The biggest problem in my opinion is jobs for the boys and women getting board positions

Reactions: dean and bruce
bruce

bruce

Contributor
He was put there for the a purpose.
To break the union but the union is still there and he is gone with still further outcomes to be faced.
The biggest problem in my opinion is jobs for the boys and women getting board positions
Way back in the 1993 the Auckland Electric Power Board appointed an Australian Union buster to sort out the unions.

He caused a five week long blackout in 1998 that made the city a laughing stock. The stress killed the guy.

Things never change.

Reactions: john nick
john nick

john nick

Way back in the 1993 the Auckland Electric Power Board appointed an Australian Union buster to sort out the unions.

He caused a five week long blackout in 1998 that made the city a laughing stock. The stress killed the guy.

Things never change.
This guy was a former employee of a huge shipping company who had a dislike for unions so they employed him. Cost aucklanders a shitload.
Board appointments with no idea.

Reactions: bruce
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Board appointments with no idea.
All voted for by the public
As Solzenhitzen said the best form of government is a benevolent dictator.
The last time Auckland had that was Sir Dove Meyer Robinson, also a league fan, and heyzeuss did he get Auckland moving.