General New Zealand Politics

If there was an election today, who would you vote for?

• National

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Greens

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • NZ First

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Act

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • New Conservative Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None of then

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Stuart Nash has always struck me as a Labour MP who should be in National. It seems an uncomfortable fit...
The guy should be in secure care and as far as politics, I agree.

When I knew him in the early 90's he was very conservative.

Reactions: Juju

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Reti seems to have the personality qualities and the intellect to be a formidable elder statesmen in politics.

He is polite, where others are rude. He has the art of speaking with a quiet reserve that does not allow for nonsense.

He is a man of the people and would give National the street cred they are lacking.

And he is not a prick. Mana.

Fortunately National are unlikely to choose him, too brown.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Reti seems to have the personality qualities and the intellect to be a formidable elder statesmen in politics.

He is polite, where others are rude. He has the art of speaking with a quiet reserve that does not allow for nonsense.

He is a man of the people and would give National the street cred they are lacking.

C'mon Dave, don't throw that card in there. You hit the nail on the head that he is statesman like.

Politics these days, you have to be a populist . He's not that unfortunately.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
A leaked Picture from todays National caucus meeting....

1637808177404.png

Blindside

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012

Disagree. Reti it too beige. Not well thought of in his electorate.
Luxton should get the job and then he needs to completely overhaul the parliamentary party.
The president needs to go too.
A new broom.
Might not be ready in time for the next election but plan for the future.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
C'mon Dave, don't throw that card in there. You hit the nail on the head that he is statesman like.

Politics these days, you have to be a populist . He's not that unfortunately.
Well put.

Bridges is Maori, Seymour is Maori, race has nothing to do with it. Reti is a man of significant mana but perhaps not the charisma to be leader.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Well put.

Bridges is Maori, Seymour is Maori, race has nothing to do with it. Reti is a man of significant mana but perhaps not the charisma to be leader.
IMO Collins knew she was going and given her running feud with Bridges she decided if I am going I'll try to take him with me. All a planned departure. Reti is just a 12th man.

Last edited:

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Collins was so stupid and illogical that I smell an ulterior motive. Was this planned so that Luxton could take over without him being seen in a bad light while removing Bridges as a contender? Collins falling on her sword while dragging Bridges with her and piecing him in the process.

Has Collins chosen her successor (Luxton) and done what she needed to, to make it happen? Does Collins win in the end over Bridges???

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Collins was so stupid and illogical that I smell an ulterior motive. Was this planned so that Luxton could take over without him being seen in a bad light while removing Bridges as a contender? Collins falling on her sword while dragging Bridges with her and piecing him in the process.

Has Collins chosen her successor (Luxton) and done what she needed to, to make it happen? Does Collins win in the end over Bridges???
Nobody in the National party is a winner here.
They really need to have a good hard look at the party president.
Throwing Reti in as a stop gap is so stupid .
Pretty hard for the guy.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

None of that fits with Collins history nor her personality.

Collins is a proud woman, a strong Alpha female, an arrogant individual...and I say that without criticism....that works for Alpha's.

The intrigues you created do not exist in the mind of someone who loved being called Crusher.

Collins the political animal does not fall on swords she uses them to behead other people, there is no way in hell Judith Collins willingly participated in the demise of her own life long dream to be the leader of the country, to prove to everyone, that she knows better than everyone else...because that is her personality structure.

This is a woman who set up a Joan of Arc media pic on bended knees, arms in prayer position, the servant of GOD.

The first person in our recent history to cash in on a God photo shoot.

She is a very Trumpian figure like that....like her idol Donald holding the bible upside down outside the church for the Christian vote.

Judith needed to go. She was using the Trump playbook....saying mandates are good...but not forever....and a whole lot of other Trump double speak.

We do not need someone like that using Trumps tactics of never taking a firm position on important issues...playing the dangerous murky middle no mans land....all for the same reason as Trump...because Judith did not give a shit what the voters really wanted or needed, so long as they voted for her.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Collins is a proud woman, a strong Alpha female, an arrogant individual...and I say that without criticism....that works for Alpha's.
Way too far...she is a sign of how decent people don't stand for public office any more.

Right now I need to find another party...but don't know where to look.

It looks like being coalition of the right. Labour couldn't win if they had heyzeuss standing.

Reactions: Mr Dragon and Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Maybe cos they are a bunch of racists...just saying like...that electorate has had some genuine wankers stand for National...believe me.
Wintson Peters came back to haunt them with a vengeance.

Forgetting that he is a prick, in his National days, he was the true heir apparent. He would have made a formidable National Prime minister. But like all the other Maori prime ministers....you know...the hundreds we have never had in over a century in the only Maori country in the world....I will get called out for playing the race card.

Race card is a way to silence people who are not white. I get labelled with a race card every time I show my coloured face in this country...no one sees me as a New Zealander...I am my race and I have never been able to be seen as normal. That is a fact.

Which is why to say I play a race card is something someone who has never been in the world and called say a white man every day of their lives instead of a person...will never understand.

Peters got handed the Maori affairs hospital pass. Bolger was threatened by his meteoric rise (and rightly so, Peters was ten times smarter than all of them) His response was to design a stunning strategy for solving the problems of Maoridom. He called it the new dawn. The strategy focused on leaving the past in the past, and advancing Maori without the culture of grievance.

What was amazing about that plan is that a man who most Maori saw as a house Negro, had clearly plotted a pathway out of colonization and failure....and Maori did a big turn around...they wanted to buy into Peters right wing fix.

The National parties response was to see Peters as even more of a threat...so they stripped him of the portfolio....which pretty much told all Maori in this country....that even when one of us do it the white way...if we threaten the white culture with spectre of Maori success then we will be done in.

And that was Nationals mistake.

Peters being the snake that he is, formed a party that put the boot into Maori to capture the older white vote....and in the end Winson won....because he served the only person he cared about, himself.

When I said Reti was too brown I meant it as a historic fact.

Interesting how people found excuses claiming he is not popularist enough.

Bullshit. What the National party need right now for its image is a stable non popularitst statesman who is also white.

I guarantee you that if the bulk of National supporters in here were honest that upon refleiction they would admit they never really seriously thought about Reti. And I would challenge them to honestly say they have thought about a Maori figure in a lead role in their party.

I see Bridges and Semour mentioned. Don't make me laugh. I said too brown...I meant too brown.

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
When I said Reti was too brown I meant it as a historic fact.
His skin isn't that brown, he is half Maori, his mother is very white, and a lovely woman. His father is the Maori, and a really nice person. The guy has Mana but up there not enough Maori go on the general roll, so he is like a coloured person standing in Idaho.

Forgetting that he is a prick, in his National days, he was the true heir apparent.
Leave the prick out of it, the guy is a dick. He is a very good speaker though, from a Maori family with Mana, even though he cannot speak Maori. He became a rock star in the Muldoon era because he was young, very handsome, and spoke well on TV. Nothing more. Actually all of his family are the same, handsome, educated and good speakers, but apart from two exceptions are also dicks, Just saying like.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
His skin isn't that brown, he is half Maori, his mother is very white, and a lovely woman. His father is the Maori, and a really nice person. The guy has Mana but up there not enough Maori go on the general roll, so he is like a coloured person standing in Idaho.

Leave the prick out of it, the guy is a dick. He is a very good speaker though, from a Maori family with Mana, even though he cannot speak Maori. He became a rock star in the Muldoon era because he was young, very handsome, and spoke well on TV. Nothing more. Actually all of his family are the same, handsome, educated and good speakers, but apart from two exceptions are also dicks, Just saying like.

Reti and Bridges would not be picked as the same species though hey...if you played Sesame street one of these things is not like the other....to say an international audience and had a board full of people who look like Soimon and Seymour and one Reti.....

Truth time. We are not ready for Obama yet, we are too young of a colony.

Btw i love white people, I thought I needed to say that lol some of my closest family are white people....I love them more than some Maoris in my clan...I am not meaning to create a race thing here...just saying how it is from the minority point of view which I fully realize super upsets the mainstream...even though my reality is shared by a million people of colour in this country.

You should hear what the other half have to say sometimes, because whatever you have in your head...ain’t what is in a million other peoples daily reminders of being different.....and we don't need to hear the explanations of why we are wrong...why racism exists in every other country in the world but somehow magically not in ours.....even though Nada Glavish was fired from telecom for saying Kiaora. Leane Malcom received death threats for saying Kiaora,. Hine Wehimohi got death threats for singing the anthem in Maori.

Nothing to see here....It seems my race card has turned into a full deck in my life.

Last edited:

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016

True enough, but apart from all that he's the only Maori I can remember with populist appeal across the board in this country because of his charm and gift of the gab. Even the pakeha racists saw past his ethnicity because he appealed to their xenophobia with his anti-immigration tactics. Actually Winston was more Trumpian than Judith in his day, the big fat hypocrite.

Last edited: