General New Zealand Politics

If there was an election today, who would you vote for?

• National

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Greens

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • NZ First

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Act

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • New Conservative Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None of then

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland

Might be a parody account

1637793369171.png

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Seriously, how could anybody in their right mind vote for this party?
Agree… and there is the issue.

They are supposed to represent a set of ideals and those potential voters have little to inspire them.

National for the last few years have been too worried about fighting within the party rather than fighting for their people.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Collins rolled - Looks like leadership vote is between the ex-mercenary and the religious fundamentalist..... haha
Good riddance. Didn’t connect and was pretty hopeless.

To give her credit, she took a hospital pass last year stepping in for a slaughtering due to Muller.

Like little, Cunliffe and Shearer from Labour, I didn’t think the media gave her a chance against their populist favourite.

Time to move on but neither contender has the x-factor needed.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Good doco on alcohol from Guyon Espiner/RNZ.

The spread of bottle shops in South Auckland seems outrageous. A school moved it's main entrance because a liquor store moved in next door. Wtf.

I have been watching this.

Same pattern all over western society hey. Control the ethnics with the booze and gambling, prisons, poverty.

It is not even done covertly.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland

Might be a parody account

Love how there is no names attached. Sounds like SummerSlam 92. Mr Perfect you have interfered on behalf of the Ultimate Warrior and also Randy Savage. When those two met at SummerSlam whose side will you be on.

I'll be on the side of the winner.

Being politics though until I stab you in the back when its my time to ascend you to the throne by winning a vote. Maybe they should use steel chairs like in wrestling and sell PPVs.

• Haha
Reactions: Tragic

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Love how there is no names attached. Sounds like SummerSlam 92. Mr Perfect you have interfered on behalf of the Ultimate Warrior and also Randy Savage. When those two met at SummerSlam whose side will you be on.

I'll be on the side of the winner.

Being politics though until I stab you in the back when its my time to ascend you to the throne by winning a vote. Maybe they should use steel chairs like in wrestling and sell PPVs.
Its a parody account. Although I could see Bishop actually making this statement.
He seems to have the desperation to want to fit in but never actually does.

Reactions: snake77

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
The National Party have been really really pathetic during the period have needed them the most. Kind of gross the constant infighting during the whole pandemic, reiterates their motivations of why they seem to be in politics. Icky stuff.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Reti....pass the pill to someone else ehoa.

National are going to get killed in the next election.

Bad medicine brother. Get out while you can!
Reti is only an interim leader at this stage. Mind you seeing as this is a Warriors forum and interim coaches end up getting the fulltime gig he may end up as the leader. Until he gets the old political equivalent of a prison shiv.

It's a long way to go to the next election. Current polling has Labour falling and combined ACT/National closing at that is with National having an unpopular leader.

Labour won on the back of covid and seem to be losing popularity on the back of covid as well. Confused messaging, alienating** parts of the population. As much as a lot of people feel safe outside of Auckland there is a large part of the population locked up under restrictions waiting for announcements on restrictions ending but no specific details on factors that would help, businesses struggling. Labour were also falling before covid hit. Their NZs biggest ever infrastructure spend before covid hit wasn't costed properly and they don't have a good history on delivery. That borrowing has been eclipsed now.

Labour weren't in the best shape before the 2017 election and there is more time now. Labour really weren't prepared or had the people to govern and really survived on Ardern's popularity and her ability to cover for their failings on delivery or poor ministers (Twyford, Clark, Lees-Galloway, Davis).

We really need National to get their act together especially with Labour struggling and needing to be held to account.

**I'll just say alienating to cover the people unhappy with the mandates. Enough has been said about anti vaccination.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Its a parody account. Although I could see Bishop actually making this statement.
He seems to have the desperation to want to fit in but never actually does.
Yeah I suspected it was. But it is a political answer. The ultimate fence sitter. Helps keep your nice portfolios.

Have you listened to Stuart Nash?
He's like the parodies of politicians you used to see where they never answer questions. Get asked something recent his government has done or he has done like calling the Groundswell group racist. Answer is a total different subject or facts that are totally wrong like how we went 500 days between lockdowns despite only just hitting a year from covid landing on our shores.

Not sure its the same in other countries but we seem to favour a party with a strong leader and the other party is a mess. Also seems like we had a huge turn over of people in recent years. Labour had barely anyone with experience being a minister when they got voted in. National would of been an experienced opposition but have imploded and a lot of people left so they will be in a similar position next time they take power.

We did need to get rid of some long term politicians though.

Reactions: wizards rage

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Reti is only an interim leader at this stage. Mind you seeing as this is a Warriors forum and interim coaches end up getting the fulltime gig he may end up as the leader. Until he gets the old political equivalent of a prison shiv.

It's a long way to go to the next election. Current polling has Labour falling and combined ACT/National closing at that is with National having an unpopular leader.

Labour won on the back of covid and seem to be losing popularity on the back of covid as well. Confused messaging, alienating** parts of the population. As much as a lot of people feel safe outside of Auckland there is a large part of the population locked up under restrictions waiting for announcements on restrictions ending but no specific details on factors that would help, businesses struggling. Labour were also falling before covid hit. Their NZs biggest ever infrastructure spend before covid hit wasn't costed properly and they don't have a good history on delivery. That borrowing has been eclipsed now.

Labour weren't in the best shape before the 2017 election and there is more time now. Labour really weren't prepared or had the people to govern and really survived on Ardern's popularity and her ability to cover for their failings on delivery or poor ministers (Twyford, Clark, Lees-Galloway, Davis).

We really need National to get their act together especially with Labour struggling and needing to be held to account.

**I'll just say alienating to cover the people unhappy with the mandates. Enough has been said about anti vaccination.

It will not be easy for Aderns mob this time. However there has been a political awakening in this country thanks to Covid. People care more about the issues in the quarters where people usually cannot be bothered....the great unwashed.

Labour has shown the lower class, the model of a Govt that at least pretends to care about the issues.

This combined with Nationals appalling image will make it very difficult for them and their coalition partners.

Even with the current dissent...it will still be Labours election to lose I believe...and I guess we will see some excuse as to why...when it happens...rather than looking at the fact that record numbers of people are showing up to the polls in the era of Adernism.

And a lot of people who might not be happy with Adern any more....care for the smarmy stale privileged ponce type even less.

• Haha
Reactions: Geoff Public

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2012
Yeah I suspected it was. But it is a political answer. The ultimate fence sitter. Helps keep your nice portfolios.

Have you listened to Stuart Nash?
He's like the parodies of politicians you used to see where they never answer questions. Get asked something recent his government has done or he has done like calling the Groundswell group racist. Answer is a total different subject or facts that are totally wrong like how we went 500 days between lockdowns despite only just hitting a year from covid landing on our shores.

Not sure its the same in other countries but we seem to favour a party with a strong leader and the other party is a mess. Also seems like we had a huge turn over of people in recent years. Labour had barely anyone with experience being a minister when they got voted in. National would of been an experienced opposition but have imploded and a lot of people left so they will be in a similar position next time they take power.

We did need to get rid of some long term politicians though.
Stuart Nash has always struck me as a Labour MP who should be in National. It seems an uncomfortable fit...

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Reti....pass the pill to someone else ehoa.

National are going to get killed in the next election.

Bad medicine brother. Get out while you can!
Parents have taken to telling their young children "Only 6 National Party leaders until Christmas, sweetie!"

"Reti! Gets the ball! WHOAH!!! The poor man has been rumbled by three huge, not that I'm fat shaming, Labour fowards there! Hospital pass if ever I saw one, Rabs! They don't like their election losses in National, Rabs!"