Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Am I reading it right, Bezzant was having cyber sex with men while pretending to be a woman.
It's like these idiots are trying to one up each other.
Heard that on the radio. Court proceeding against a former partner cause he pretending to be her ............................ WTF.

If an NRL player had done that imagine the amount of embarrasing headlines.

This is up there with the stupid shit the NRL players have done. At least footballers are expected to be boofheads. Politicians are meant to be slightly intelligent.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
It’s going to be a good few years. We are booming off huge house price growth and the corresponding consumer spending as everyone ‘feels richer’. This was the plan (despite what the govt say) when we dropped interest rates to the lowest levels ever.

Add to that a debt fuelled spending spree by the government. $100B extra spend up, paid for with extra debt. That’s approx 20 years of govt surpluses that the current government has bought forward to spend themselves. $$$. We are drowning in borrowed money both by the government and also from banks for housing. Borrowed from the future to find a short term boom.

All that extra money borrowed and spent must give us a huge boost to the economy. Issues are, with low unemployment and supply issues, the economy is already at capacity so there will be delivered issues and inflation rocketing up.

Good times ahead financially but long term issues building. You don’t get ahead by borrowing yourself to prosperity, albeit the spend up on infrastructure is long overdue.

Reactions: Woofa and dean

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Good times ahead financially but long term issues building. You don’t get ahead by borrowing yourself to prosperity, albeit the spend up on infrastructure is long overdue.
Id like to know what over and above we are spending on infrastructure than would normally be spent. Billions of dollars borrowed would hope to see a new hospital or something at least....

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Id like to know what over and above we are spending on infrastructure than would normally be spent. Billions of dollars borrowed would hope to see a new hospital or something at least....
Exactly - the infrastructure is needed for the population growth we have experienced but it doesn’t seem to go very far the way we build.

Really you need the spend to increase productivity. Arguably a cycle lane frees traffic for trucks to
move faster - but I would prefer a new lane only for trucks...

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I would say yes. We have a rather large carbon emissions reduction target, anything that helps with alternative transport options is a good thing long term.
Yeah I get that but it would be a minimal reduction if any to our carbon emissions wouldn't it? in terms of priorities this would be very low on the list for me. I would rather it was spent on projects that either help with our health outcomes, housing shortages or increases our productivity and efficiency to help pay for the debt and future projects that may be nice to have, like this cycle/walking bridge.

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Yeah I get that but it would be a minimal reduction if any to our carbon emissions wouldn't it? in terms of priorities this would be very low on the list for me. I would rather it was spent on projects that either help with our health outcomes, housing shortages or increases our productivity and efficiency to help pay for the debt and future projects that may be nice to have, like this cycle/walking bridge.
Can't we fund all these things at once?
It's a glaring piece of missing infrastructure in Auckland IMO, much like the need for a rail bridge.

More investment in productive enterprise will help productivity.
We could also invest more in education and the associated bad social factors that impact Edu outcomes (bigger roll out of food in schools etc).
secto1.png

Last edited:

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
It was interesting hearing an economist on the radio a few weeks ago. When Labour came to power back in 2017, the amount of operating expenses equaled the amounted generated in tax. Operating expenses is running things like welfare, education, health, MBIE, borders, military etc. It doesn‘t include capital expenses such as infrastructure, new/replacement hospitals, new schools, etc.

Grant Robertson says he isn’t going to be like previous Labour Finance Ministers who spend but would be fiscally responsible with his spending. The problem is that under his watch, revenue received by the government each year has gone up an average of approximately 4% per annum while the government’s operating expenses has gone up 8% per annum. And that doesn’t take into capital expenditure or COVID expenditure.

Hate to say it, but it appears Joyce was right with the fiscal holes in Labour’s election promises.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Can't we fund all these things at once?
It's a glaring piece of missing infrastructure in Auckland IMO, much like the need for a rail bridge.

More investment in productive enterprise will help productivity.
We could also invest more in education and the associated bad social factors that impact Edu outcomes (bigger roll out of food in schools etc).
secto1.png
By fund do you mean borrow? Probably yes. I just think in the current fiscal situation we find ourselves the money for a cycle/walkway would be better used on other things.

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
By fund do you mean borrow? Probably yes. I just think in the current fiscal situation we find ourselves the money for a cycle/walkway would be better used on other things.
Cheap interest rates, not likely to get cheaper to borrow anytime soon. We have a AA+ credit rating and a $20 billion infrastructure deficit.
Possibly could have been incorporated into a new crossing or tunnel??? I don't know.

At the same time as borrowing, govt should direct banks to lower the business interest rate and push them to lend more to SMEs.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Cheap interest rates, not likely to get cheaper to borrow anytime soon. We have a AA+ credit rating and a $20 billion infrastructure deficit.
Possibly could have been incorporated into a new crossing or tunnel??? I don't know.

At the same time as borrowing, govt should direct banks to lower the business interest rate and push them to lend more to SMEs.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not against borrowing and spending on infrastructure. Just seems a bit out of whack having spending and headlines on this when we have a failing healthcare for example. There is land in Manukau that was gifted for us as a hospital grounds. Please, please let the next headline be new hospital being built...

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Pump some govt money into the video gaming industry.
They aren't eligible for the tax breaks like the film industry.
It's now twice the size of the film industry in global revenue.
Aus just introduced a 30% refundable tax offset in their recent budget.

Reactions: snake77 and Inruin
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings