Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
To be fair, Covid was never here like the US, UK, Europe, etc. It gets here and we lock it back out again.

Being Covid free has given stability and certainty to support the economy. With the reserve banks support we actually have record housing and stock market prices.
More importantly Labour handled and continues to handle it better than UK .US.Europe and every other place you want to name..Don't forget that

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Standard and Poors has given NZ a AA+ credit rating, the second highest rating available, with positive projections for economic growth.

This was a Covid specific calculation.

So, we have been upgraded by the S and P rather than marked down post the start of the pandemic.

Remarkable. Well done Labour.
Don't get carried away. The Nats had left them with a very healthy set of books. Cindy and the crew have made some good decisions but have also had a lot of luck...for such a talentless crew.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Don't get carried away. The Nats had left them with a very healthy set of books. Cindy and the crew have made some good decisions but have also had a lot of luck...for such a talentless crew.
Lee Trevino was once asked " you were very lucky to sink that 30 foot putt."His reply was yes and it's funny how the more I practice the luckier l get. Luck has nothing to do with the covid response from JACINDA. Just sensible actions

• Haha
Reactions: bruce and Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
It all swings in roundabouts, the Clark government left the Key government in good stead too. It’s the third term that was the problem with both those governments, by then their popularity turns to arrogance. I can’t understand why you continue to vote for a party you’re so disillusioned with, though I’m not questioning your vote as that’s your right, just wondering why?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
To be fair, previous Govts did well to budget for an emergency fund. No doubt that has been what has got us through. Although it would be a train wreck if this Govt did not make a decision to go one hundred percent with the science.

Reactions: Noitall

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
It all swings in roundabouts, the Clark government left the Key government in good stead too. It’s the third term that was the problem with both those governments, by then their popularity turns to arrogance. I can’t understand why you continue to vote for a party you’re so disillusioned with, though I’m not questioning your vote as that’s your right, just wondering why?
I rate Clark and Keys govt as great for NZ. Anyone that thinks one was significantly better or worse than the other economically should put party politics aside and read this balanced article below. They were both competent managers of the economy with a solid plan that was more important than the day to day politics.

When you look at the statistics for the current govt I don’t think they will stack up. Govt debt, housing, after tax income, etc are all getting worse. Past governments fitted their agenda within the economic framework. This govt has is trying to shape the economic framework to their agenda...

If only we had a Cullen or English. Competent and powerful enough to make our economic well-being a priority within their party. (Note: things were tracking worse before Covid before anyone says)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/natio...at-the-data-shows/ODXY5IEWMUXCU3PXTMHUZO3TRU/

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I rate Clark and Keys govt as great for NZ. Anyone that thinks one was significantly better or worse than the other economically should put party politics aside and read this balanced article below. They were both competent managers of the economy with a solid plan that was more important than the day to day politics.

When you look at the statistics for the current govt I don’t think they will stack up. Govt debt, housing, after tax income, etc are all getting worse. Past governments fitted their agenda within the economic framework. This govt has is trying to shape the economic framework to their agenda...

If only we had a Cullen or English. Competent and powerful enough to make our economic well-being a priority within their party. (Note: things were tracking worse before Covid before anyone says)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/natio...at-the-data-shows/ODXY5IEWMUXCU3PXTMHUZO3TRU/
Had a bit of a laugh as I was reading your post and you mentioned balanced article the ad underneath had a big picture of Mike Hosking.

The Clark and Key governments were both pretty conservative making small changes, keep debt low and do enough to get re-elected.

The Clark government might not have left the books in as good a state as Key's. I use might as we don't know the fine details, more going on Cullen's statements about spending the money so Key's incoming government wouldn't be able give out tax cuts. Politics is a petty business, National were probably expecting to win in 2017 and may have done something similar on the way out if Labours rise in popularity occurred a bit earlier and they looked likely to lose instead of in for a close election.

During both governments we were still complaining about house prices, price of milk and butter, immigration (either too many leaving or arriving)

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Governments and councils on a collision course at some point.

Absolutely. Interesting article, one demographic that gets lost in the noise I guess.

I wonder how many of the one person households are only hanging on to a valuable property to provide some equity for children/grandchildren?

Attachments

• Age.jpg
    Age.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Noitall

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Sneak in that inheritance tax you reckon? :)

Sure she'd like to, same as stamp duty, but and it's a big but, no tax increases this term.

IIR, it's 40% in the UK still but only above the threshold whatever that is these days.

I hate these stealth taxes where they take a cut without considering any increase in productivity, stamp duty is even worse.

Automatic increase in your equity return required.

There's enough parasites sucking blood for nothing, never mind adding to it.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
And please remember Bruce that you keep criticizing Jacinda and her party but also not really happy with your Nats who you are silly enough to admit voting for. ;)
Yes they are all a bunch of wankers. At least we don't have any QAnons.

• Haha
Reactions: john nick

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Governments and councils on a collision course at some point.
"The number of new dwellings being consented is currently at its highest in more than 40 years, but still only about half the rate we were building at in the 1970s when population is taken into account, says Hong."

Trouble is this needs really good management, from Councils and Government.
Go figure.
Americas Cup and Eden Park over infrastructure :rolleyes:

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings