• New Conservative Party

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
As much as his demotion is deserved it will be less entertaining with Phil Twyford in lower portfolotios.

Anytime there was a headline about one of his portfolios he'd be in the news the following day like he was going to have it fixed soon. Like when the harbour bridge was being repaired. Collins brought it up as an election promise. After 20 years of living in Auckland I rolled my eyes that ok now during an election something will be done. Next day Twyford comes out that he's been in meetings working on it.

Problem is he's been having meetings about a lot of things. He's like Winston and the baubles of office.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Very smart move on Labours agreement with the Greens.

Shaw and Davidson get some input into contentious portfolios where there is likely to be be some criticism and chest beating.

However, even though they are outside cabinet they are still bound by cabinet rules so can't criticise any unfavorable decisions. They can only present papers to Cabinet then have to bugger off while cabinet makes any decisions. No win situation. If cabinet agrees, Labour gets the kudos, if they don't, the Greens get the blame. Has Heather Simpson written all over it.

Will be watching those portfolios with interest.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Well they do or don't. No in betweens. IMO no she doesn't need their help so why include them
Scapegoat if things don’t go as planned or to appease party members on the left? I can see them giving a couple of the “greener” deputy minister roles (climate change or conservation) to the Greens. As you say, she doesn’t need to but I get the feeling she might. Especially when Labour doesn’t have the strongest front bench.

Actually, compared to what National had to offer, she should have a strong front bench.
Wow, I predicted something right for a change. Now, while I'm on a roll, where's that mylotto site.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Nanaia Mahuta's appointment keeps getting described as a shock appointment by mainstream media much to the ire of Maori who know her background.

This is a woman who grew up under the tutilage of her Aunty who hosted Queens and Presidents, Elizabeth and Mandella to name a few.

Her Aunt was one of NZs greatest diplomats, a uniting figure between the crown and Tainui, as was her great Aunt Princess Te Puia.

This is a political family, she is born bred and trained in International relations.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Nanaia Mahuta's appointment keeps getting described as a shock appointment by mainstream media much to the ire of Maori who know her background.

This is a woman who grew up under the tutilage of her Aunty who hosted Queens and Presidents, Elizabeth and Mandella to name a few.

Her Aunt was one of NZs greatest diplomats, a uniting figure between the crown and Tainui, as was her great Aunt Princess Te Puia.

This is a political family, she is born bred and trained in International relations.
I know some people who don’t like her appointment. They pretty much know nothing about her or what she has achieved. I think this is a very good appointment. As you say, she’s used to negotiating and she’s very dedicated on only to her electorate but has a deep love for NZ. I think she will be extremely good.

Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ

I also think it's a great appointment. But are you surprised at the disagreement from some parts??
Insight into her background would require journos to do their homework.

The cabinet appointments have me more enthused about the next 3 years than I was immediately after the election.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
I know some people who don’t like her appointment. They pretty much know nothing about her or what she has achieved. I think this is a very good appointment. As you say, she’s used to negotiating and she’s very dedicated on only to her electorate but has a deep love for NZ. I think she will be extremely good.

Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui
Correct. I have had very minor dealings with Nanaia and she is particularly passionate about her area her people and Rugby League (to my surprise)

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I also think it's a great appointment. But are you surprised at the disagreement from some parts??
Insight into her background would require journos to do their homework.

The cabinet appointments have me more enthused about the next 3 years than I was immediately after the election.
Mainly surprised that the media didn't really focus on the first female appointment in the role rather than the shock angle.
I guess I thought they would go with the positive ground breaking part to these appointments.
But yeah I guess the media are not really there to accentuate the positive.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Cabinet looks a lot stronger without the Nutbars and The Handbrake although the top tier of the gang of 5 still have a hell of a workload. Hopefully some of the newbies step up as associates.

Looking forward to the first announcement of progress. Hope it's the RMA turfed and we see a quick start to the Shovel Ready Projects.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
We should target Refugees from the United States for offers of citizenship and Refuge.

I would start with Anthony Faucci who has been marginalised by the dictator and offer him a sabbatical position in the heart of our system.

He will need somewhere safe to live with the Dictatorship throwing him to the rabid screaming American pandemic of intolerance and hatred of the intelligentsia.

The United States themselves did this with Nazi Rocket Scientists and look where that took them.

Fauccis crime however is being the best in the world and telling the truth.

We should move on him now before the proud boys or any of those movements take him out now that he will no longer have secret service protection.

The benefits of having the worlds pre eminent pandemic scientist with global reach should be prioritized.

But mostly the guy an his family qualify for our protection as an unwitting political dissident.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizzah

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
So the pot vote ended up with only point seven of a percent sway.

Looks like Pot will be revisited then.

Also National as expected copped and even bigger shock hiding than election night.

Cool to see the Maori party get a big win with two seats.

We seem to have a significant shift across the board.

Reactions: Rizzah

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Gerry Brownie has stepped down as National Party deputy leader. Shane Reti is favoured to next sip from the poisous cup.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Damn that is a big swing in the percentage for the cannabis referendum. The Greens said they would wait until all of the votes come in as they held out home. Heard some interviewers ridiculing them that its a long shot as the law of averages would indicate the mail in would be similar to the standard voting.

I know you need to win to get the law changed. But this close it deserves to be researched and monitored on how it goes in other countries or states within a country, then maybe review it again in another election cycle in the future.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
it was always going to be revisited. This is the right result IMO. it needs more scrutiny and certainty.
I get the very strong sense that Labour will be loath to go there with the pot situation.

Why risk pissing off half the country when you don't have to.

Even though they may somewhat upset the other half who want pot, that is nowhere near the gamble that opening up pot use could invite in terms of media stories.

The decision the Govt has now is not pretty.

Decriminalization over legalization is the worst possible outcome.

Decriminalization merely smooths the pathway for the Gangs to become the massive pot shops tax free, health advice free and your average users most convenient option.

Yes Dealing will still be illegal, however decriminalization encourages buyers to engage in funding organized crime and there is no getting away from it.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings