General New Zealand election 2017

Who will you give your PARTY vote for in this Election?

• National

• Labour

• NZ First

• Greens

• Act

• Maori

• The Opportunities Party

• Mana

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Alfred and Hannah to the rescue in 2020. Amen.
Going to be quite the meeting when they book the town hall the same night as the rainbow alphabet.

Reaction score
Sledge

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
There are always alternatives, but you do know The Warehouse is one of NZ's largest retailers for a reason. and it has very little to do with high quality, more healthy options.

How's the healthier, more renewable mantra going out at the coal and uranium mines at the moment?
While I totally am on side with Nationals gas and fuel exploration as I think this would be a great way to upskill a lot of Kiwis and bring money into the region, they have fucked this country by flooding it with immigrants(not the immigrants fault) to drive up house prices and make NZ with Auckland in particular one of the least affordable city’s in the world, when John (I live in a dream world Key) spoke of hardly any Chinese buying houses in Auckland I laughed my head off, maybe not in his affluent area of Parnell with its rich white lawyers and bankers but if the prick had bothered to venture out to the likes of Howick, Dannemora and Somerville he would of been amazed at not only how many there are here but the amount of them that own houses and don’t contribute anything back into the way of these community’s. I am disgusted in Winston and Labour also as they have done very little to stop immigrants coming here. This tap needs to be turned off until houses are in check and we have caught up with infrastructure in the main city’s. On a side not Winston is a fraud and has let the people that voted for him down big time.

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
While I totally am on side with Nationals gas and fuel exploration as I think this would be a great way to upskill a lot of Kiwis and bring money into the region, they have fucked this country by flooding it with immigrants(not the immigrants fault) to drive up house prices and make NZ with Auckland in particular one of the least affordable city’s in the world, when John (I live in a dream world Key) spoke of hardly any Chinese buying houses in Auckland I laughed my head off, maybe not in his affluent area of Parnell with its rich white lawyers and bankers but if the prick had bothered to venture out to the likes of Howick, Dannemora and Somerville he would of been amazed at not only how many there are here but the amount of them that own houses and don’t contribute anything back into the way of these community’s. I am disgusted in Winston and Labour also as they have done very little to stop immigrants coming here. This tap needs to be turned off until houses are in check and we have caught up with infrastructure in the main city’s. On a side not Winston is a fraud and has let the people that voted for him down big time.
Spot on. I noticed the level of Chinese buying back in 2012. Went to a Barfoots auction at the Mason Centre, had about 40 lots to auction. All were sold to Chinese, about 80% of the audience were Chinese, the rest Indian and a few Whites. I had been in the property game a long time and I was stunned then at what they were paying. Sometimes the bidding on $400k properties leapt in $40k bids. Not much English spoken on the floor. I lived in Devonport at the time, not a Chinese destination. I was back a couple of weeks ago, Chinese everywhere and five Chinese agents working out of the local Barfoots branch, never had one until the last few years. National were asleep at the wheel letting predominantly Chinese buyers ratchet up Auckland property prices. I have a friend that was a very senior banker over that period and he said they accounted for about 40% of the sales his bank was involved with, a trading bank. Record low mortgage rates have exacerbated the problem.
The only good thing is that the regions have gone ahead as Aucklanders cash up invest elsewhere as I have done.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
they have fucked this country by flooding it with immigrants(not the immigrants fault) to drive up house prices and make NZ with Auckland in particular one of the least affordable city’s in the world, when John (I live in a dream world Key) spoke of hardly any Chinese buying houses in Auckland I laughed my head off, maybe not in his affluent area of Parnell with its rich white lawyers and bankers but if the prick had bothered to venture out to the likes of Howick, Dannemora and Somerville he would of been amazed at not only how many there are here but the amount of them that own houses and don’t contribute anything back into the way of these community’s.
Fact, 40 years ago young Kiwis went to the workforce. Now the good ones from the rural areas especially head to the city and straight onto a plane to Oz. If we didn't bring in immigrants there would be a massive labour shortage. I think NZ Immigration could do a much better job sorting the wheat from the chaff though. The biggest immigrant group is Indian and they end up driving taxis and courier vans.

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Surely one of the concerns needs to be multi generational NZ families that don't work, we permanently run sits vacant ads and rarely ever get applicants and when we do the minute they are told there is a pre-employment drug test we never hear from 70% of them again. Unfortunately in a lot of cases immigrants fill these gaps.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Surely one of the concerns needs to be multi generational NZ families that don't work, we permanently run sits vacant ads and rarely ever get applicants and when we do the minute they are told there is a pre-employment drug test we never hear from 70% of them again. Unfortunately in a lot of cases immigrants fill these gaps.
The objective should be to find out the issues surrounding why we have multi-generational beneficiaries - not vilify them (I know this is not what you said, but with such questions there often is a want to further tread on the inter-generational poor).
I imagine the answer is that poverty is a very difficult cycle to break out of. There is a direct link between lack of income and chronic health problems, psychiatric disorders and social and academic functions.
A child’s formation of new brain cells will slow down and the neural circuitry will create emotional dysfunctions if a child’s primary needs are not met at an early age.
We should sink more money into families/schooling/education;
* A better funded Plunket
* Free early childhood education
* Food in schools
* Free after school programs, etc!

Ease the imbalances/blocks to education as much as possible, where you can do it effectively (difficult for any government). Obv. not a quick fix. But the long term view is that it would pay for itself overtime by having less people out of work and/or tied up in the various services (healthcare/mental healthcare etc).
Poverty is a drain on government resources, healthcare, mental healthcare, education, prison system, social entitlements (Benefit). We should be doing all we can to help those at the bottom get out of the cycle, as in the end it will save the country money (which is what your Righties love so much ;) ).

Reaction score

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Simon Bridges not ruling National out of going into a coalition with the Destiny Church party. WOW...

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Simon Bridges not ruling National out of going into a coalition with the Destiny Church party. WOW...
That will be either the end of the National Party or Simon Bridges. I suspect Simon Bridges. Just signed his death warrant. Someone among that retarded lot must remember the Christian Heritage Party and their leader, the Paeroa paedo that got about 9 years. Then we had Colin Craig, full of hope and verse.
And Bridges has the check to not want to let the population get stoned.

Reaction score

Juju

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That will be either the end of the National Party or Simon Bridges. I suspect Simon Bridges. Just signed his death warrant. Someone among that retarded lot must remember the Christian Heritage Party and their leader, the Paeroa paedo that got about 9 years. Then we had Colin Craig, full of hope and verse.
And Bridges has the check to not want to let the population get stoned.
The Destiny Church has to be the most morally corrupt organisation in NZ. Shameless. They should be made to pay tax.

A religious party set up and run correctly would be a big benefit to National - Bridges has botched this pretty badly.

I love the footage of Graham Caphil getting dealt to outside of court. Beautiful...

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
There are always alternatives, but you do know The Warehouse is one of NZ's largest retailers for a reason. and it has very little to do with high quality, more healthy options.

How's the healthier, more renewable mantra going out at the coal and uranium mines at the moment?
bout the same as its going in NZ, most people put there head in the sand and keep muttering, wont affect me.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
People always talk about NZ like its just another country. Its not its a small island with limited land. Already all the major cities occupy what used to be the best growing land in the country. Kiwis in general, wont accept apartment living and demand a house, but dont understand that with limited land available for habitation, prices have to go up and keep going up until attitudes begin to change and people accept apartment living in the major cities.

This isnt a totally NZ problem either. The US has only 10 cities with a population of a Million people, and only one bigger than Melbourne, most people not in one of those 10 cities live in houses, why because they have massive amounts of land. But in those cities, prices keep going up and people accept living in apartments as the only way to live there. Hell in US terms, Auckland is a top 10 city. Unfortunately for those who live in NZ, prices are not going to stop going up, and the rich few will buy more and more until we have generations of NZers that do not own their own home.

At least thats my opinion.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Except that he knows the game and he's gonna play it.

I'd prefer Henry Rollins. He'll tell us why things are going so well, since we haven't bothered to ask that question ourselves. And he'd swear he'd never lie to us and hurt us again because now he sees the destructive power of a lie.

You wanna know why!?

Last edited:
Top Bottom