International New Zealand Kiwis

Dylan Walker is likely to become available for the Kiwis either next year of the year after due to his three year contract and the standown since he last played for the Roos. Can remember not that long ago, he expressed his desire to play for the Kiwis.
You cannot switch allegiances between Tier One nations.

1701657966853.png

I would have thought not having played for Oz since 2014 would be a significant enough stand down period and not to mention he would be eligible on residency and not too mention having Maori heritage. Says he got very close to being in the last World Cup. We will see what happens this years with the new critieria.

I would have thought not having played for Oz since 2014 would be a significant enough stand down period and not to mention he would be eligible on residency and not too mention having Maori heritage. Says he got very close to being in the last World Cup. We will see what happens this years with the new critieria.
There is no stand down period when switching between Tier One nations nor residency (unless you are yet to represent the nation). I don't think there is going to be new criteria?

Also, the residency clause is 5 years 😅

When did this story break? Saturday?

If i was NZRL wouldve signed him on Sunday.....

Just do it....your not getting anyone better......Kiwi's could be set up to go on a run of dominance, couldnt think of anyone better to navigate it.
Short term this is awesome. But he's in his 70s. I'd prefer Cleary or Webster. Even Bellamy, But hes no spring chicken himself. Someone who is keen to coach us for the next 10 years. But, Beggars can't be chooses, I'll take the old fulla! Lol

Short term this is awesome. But he's in his 70s. I'd prefer Cleary or Webster. Even Bellamy, But hes no spring chicken himself. Someone who is keen to coach us for the next 10 years. But, Beggars can't be chooses, I'll take the old fulla! Lol
World class is world class and he's all time.......and players still respond for him. He has the reigns for the next couple of years or so, have Cayless or Stacey or whoever next in line as his assistant.....and bang instant succession plan to carry on what is hopefully going to be a dominant era for the Kiwis.

Absolute no brainer for me......then again this is the NZRL we're talking about.

World class is world class and he's all time.......and players still respond for him. He has the reigns for the next couple of years or so, have Cayless or Stacey or whoever next in line as his assistant.....and bang instant succession plan to carry on what is hopefully going to be a dominant era for the Kiwis.

Absolute no brainer for me......then again this is the NZRL we're talking about.
I think that's the way he'd want it, similar to the current situation at the Dolphins.

Knew we would attract some big dogs, Geof Toovyey is probably quietly mulling this one over, guys like Anthony Griffin, a whole raft of options.

Wayne is the most experienced international coach there is.

As for Womens Golden Boot, while I would love Mele Hufanga to win, it will go to Tamika Upton.

Not that fully convinced of him. He wasn't that great with England and the Great Britain Lions. If he does come with a good assistant I might be more convinced. Have a strange feeling Madge it is not quite off the scene.
Bennett was too remote from the ESL to do that job effectively, he was reliant on a far off selection panel to make calls.

Wayne knows NZ Rugby league, he understands the dna of the way NZ plays, this side is one of those plug and play international sides, leaving a role for a mentoring inspirational type guy,

There is no stand down period when switching between Tier One nations nor residency (unless you are yet to represent the nation). I don't think there is going to be new criteria?

Also, the residency clause is 5 years 😅
Benny has a sizeable Kiwi contingent at the Dolphins, not sure if Kearney is working with them or not, for this year. Starting to feel pretty positive about Wayne taking over.

NRL news: Penrith Panthers and New Zealand’s James Fisher-Harris wins Golden Boot | Daily Telegraph​

JFH death stares Payne Haas

New Zealand’s James Fisher-Harris has won the prestigious Golden Boot award.
Fisher-Harris, 27, received the gong from former Golden Boot winner Brad Fittler during an official announcement at NRL headquarters on Wednesday morning.

New Zealander Georgia Hale and France’s Jérémy Bourson created Golden Boot history after being chosen as the respective 2023 women’s and wheelchair winners.

In a hotly contested race, Fisher-Harris edged out shortlist candidates Payne Haas (Australia), Joseph Tapine (New Zealand) and Harry Smith (England).

Fisher-Harris played in all three of New Zealand’s Pacific Championships games, culminating in the Kiwis’ famous 30-0 win over Australia in the final.

The accolade caps a stunning year for Fisher-Harris, who was part of Penrith’s premiership-winning side.

A panel comprising Darren Lockyer, Adam Blair, James Graham, Adrian Morley and Ruben Wiki selected the winner.

James Fisher-Harris led the Kiwis to victory in the Pacific Championships. Picture: Fiona Goodall/Getty Images

James Fisher-Harris led the Kiwis to victory in the Pacific Championships. Picture: Fiona Goodall/Getty Images
The Golden Boot award is handed to the best international player of the year.

Haas was a strong candidate but missed Australia’s second Pacific Championships game in Melbourne, damaging his chances.

The shortlist of four was cut after 20 players were originally nominated.

Previously, the Golden Boot was awarded to the best player in the game globally. In 2018, the rules were altered to add more weight to international football.

Before 2018, Golden Boot winners included Fittler, Brett Kenny, Wally Lewis, Peter Sterling, Garry Jack, Ellery Hanley, Mal Meninga, Andrew Johns, Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Benji Marshall, Andy Farrell, Cam Smith and Johnathan Thurston.

Hale is the first forward to win the women’s award while Bourson – France’s first Golden Boot recipient in any discipline of the game – are based in the Northern Hemisphere and were unable to attend.

NRL news: Penrith Panthers and New Zealand’s James Fisher-Harris wins Golden Boot | Daily Telegraph​

JFH death stares Payne Haas

New Zealand’s James Fisher-Harris has won the prestigious Golden Boot award.
Fisher-Harris, 27, received the gong from former Golden Boot winner Brad Fittler during an official announcement at NRL headquarters on Wednesday morning.

New Zealander Georgia Hale and France’s Jérémy Bourson created Golden Boot history after being chosen as the respective 2023 women’s and wheelchair winners.

In a hotly contested race, Fisher-Harris edged out shortlist candidates Payne Haas (Australia), Joseph Tapine (New Zealand) and Harry Smith (England).

Fisher-Harris played in all three of New Zealand’s Pacific Championships games, culminating in the Kiwis’ famous 30-0 win over Australia in the final.

The accolade caps a stunning year for Fisher-Harris, who was part of Penrith’s premiership-winning side.

A panel comprising Darren Lockyer, Adam Blair, James Graham, Adrian Morley and Ruben Wiki selected the winner.

The Golden Boot award is handed to the best international player of the year.

Haas was a strong candidate but missed Australia’s second Pacific Championships game in Melbourne, damaging his chances.

The shortlist of four was cut after 20 players were originally nominated.

Previously, the Golden Boot was awarded to the best player in the game globally. In 2018, the rules were altered to add more weight to international football.

Before 2018, Golden Boot winners included Fittler, Brett Kenny, Wally Lewis, Peter Sterling, Garry Jack, Ellery Hanley, Mal Meninga, Andrew Johns, Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Benji Marshall, Andy Farrell, Cam Smith and Johnathan Thurston.

Hale is the first forward to win the women’s award while Bourson – France’s first Golden Boot recipient in any discipline of the game – are based in the Northern Hemisphere and were unable to attend.
Well deserved for both of our Golden Boots. Awesome

Best prop in the World. Very cool and few could argue, biggest engine out there and genuine tough guy.
Georgia Hale seems the a career nod rather than being more impactful this season than Mele and Tamika.
Absolutely. Mele was next to unstoppable.

Back