General NEW SIGNING - MICHEAL CROCKETT

Robster_old

Just read on the telegraph that Micheal Crockett has signed with the Warriors, a great soild player, can play centre and wing.

warriorfaithful*_old

Robster said:
Just read on the telegraph that Micheal Crockett has signed with the Warriors, a great soild player, can play centre and wing.

Intereesting. Anymore info on him.(i.e previous clubs etc)??

playdaball_old

There are a few wingers at the club now - Ah Van, Manu,Byrne, Davy Crockett, Vuna. I suppose many of these guys have the ability to play also at centre and/or fullback.

warriorfaithful*_old

Batz said:
He is a rookie playing for wests

And is there any official word on it. Does anyone have a link or something to the news on it???

ToiletDuck_old

The Sunday Mail says 'SPEEDY Wests Tigers winger Michael Crockett has defected to the Warriors after only a handful of first-grade games. Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah confirmed the former Melbourne and St George Illawarra lower grader has signed for two years..'

And then some other stuff which isnt very interesting.

Jesbass_old

WESTS TIGERS WINGER SIGNS FOR VODAFONE WARRIORS

From www.warriors.co.nz:

Wests Tigers winger Michael Crockett will join the Vodafone Warriors on a two-year contract next season.

In announcing his signing today, head coach Ivan Cleary said Crockett’s arrival would give the Vodafone Warriors greater depth in their outside backs’ division.

The 23-year-old New South Welshman was restricted to premier league football last year after joining Wests Tigers from Melbourne.

But he made a try-scoring NRL debut for the 2005 premiers this year when they opened their title defence with a win against St George Illawarra on March 10.

That sparked a run in which he snared seven four pointers in his first eight NRL appearances. One of his tries came in the Tigers’ loss to the Vodafone Warriors in Christchurch on March 25.

“I want to have the chance to play first-grade on a regular basis and that’s what I’m aiming to achieve at the Vodafone Warriors,†said Crockett, who’s equally at home in the centres or on the wing.

He has been playing in the centres for Balmain Ryde in the premier league after recently returning from a lay-off with a hand injury.

“The Vodafone Warriors have shown a lot of improvement this year. There’s huge potential at the club and I’m keen to be part of it.â€Â

Crockett will also be right at home as a Warrior; his junior club happened to be the Narra Warriors.

At 180cm and 91kg, he’ll provide a key asset of pace when he joins the Vodafone Warriors in the off-season.

“Certainly speed is one of Michael’s key qualities and that’s an area we’re looking to improve in our squad,†said Cleary.

Crockett’s signing follows the recent re-signing of another winger in 19-year-old Cooper Vuna. He was on the bench but wasn’t used when the Vodafone Warriors stunned competition leader Melbourne with a 24-20 win at Olympic Park last night.

With Crockett and Vuna secured, the club will start 2007 with a quintet of wingers boasting NRL experience, the others being Manu Vatuvei, Patrick Ah Van and Todd Byrne.

Crockett joins Wade McKinnon (Parramatta), Michael Witt (Manly) and Aidan Kirk (Sydney Roosters) as newcomers to the NRL squad for next season.

MICHAEL CROCKETT

Born: March 16, 1983
Birthplace: Narra (New South Wales)
Position: Winger/centre
Height: 180cm
Weight: 91kg
Junior Club: Narra Warriors
NRL Debut: Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra, Telstra Stadium, March 10, 2006 (Round 1)
NRL Career: 8 appearances
NRL Points: 28 (7 tries)

warriorfaithful*_old

Jesbass said:
WESTS TIGERS WINGER SIGNS FOR VODAFONE WARRIORS

From www.warriors.co.nz:

Wests Tigers winger Michael Crockett will join the Vodafone Warriors on a two-year contract next season.

In announcing his signing today, head coach Ivan Cleary said Crockett’s arrival would give the Vodafone Warriors greater depth in their outside backs’ division.

The 23-year-old New South Welshman was restricted to premier league football last year after joining Wests Tigers from Melbourne.

But he made a try-scoring NRL debut for the 2005 premiers this year when they opened their title defence with a win against St George Illawarra on March 10.

That sparked a run in which he snared seven four pointers in his first eight NRL appearances. One of his tries came in the Tigers’ loss to the Vodafone Warriors in Christchurch on March 25.

“I want to have the chance to play first-grade on a regular basis and that’s what I’m aiming to achieve at the Vodafone Warriors,†said Crockett, who’s equally at home in the centres or on the wing.

He has been playing in the centres for Balmain Ryde in the premier league after recently returning from a lay-off with a hand injury.

“The Vodafone Warriors have shown a lot of improvement this year. There’s huge potential at the club and I’m keen to be part of it.â€Â

Crockett will also be right at home as a Warrior; his junior club happened to be the Narra Warriors.

At 180cm and 91kg, he’ll provide a key asset of pace when he joins the Vodafone Warriors in the off-season.

“Certainly speed is one of Michael’s key qualities and that’s an area we’re looking to improve in our squad,†said Cleary.

Crockett’s signing follows the recent re-signing of another winger in 19-year-old Cooper Vuna. He was on the bench but wasn’t used when the Vodafone Warriors stunned competition leader Melbourne with a 24-20 win at Olympic Park last night.

With Crockett and Vuna secured, the club will start 2007 with a quintet of wingers boasting NRL experience, the others being Manu Vatuvei, Patrick Ah Van and Todd Byrne.

Crockett joins Wade McKinnon (Parramatta), Michael Witt (Manly) and Aidan Kirk (Sydney Roosters) as newcomers to the NRL squad for next season.

MICHAEL CROCKETT

Born: March 16, 1983
Birthplace: Narra (New South Wales)
Position: Winger/centre
Height: 180cm
Weight: 91kg
Junior Club: Narra Warriors
NRL Debut: Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra, Telstra Stadium, March 10, 2006 (Round 1)
NRL Career: 8 appearances
NRL Points: 28 (7 tries)

Awesome!!!! Can't wait to see how he goes here. Welcome aboard Micheal Crockett. :)

ToiletDuck_old

Can't wait to see how he goes and also who is the one(s) TO GO. I mean at the moment, if you slot Martin in for Lance, Todd Byrne still isn't in the team (assuming he was fully fit). So take Jerome out of the halves with Witt there next year, which means he basically goes to centre.

So we have Simon 'Im the Mannering', Vatuvei, Ah Van, Martin, Jerome, Aidan Kirk, Michael Crockett, Todd Byrne, and now possibly Lance all vying for 2 centre and 2 wing positions? Is this right?

warriorfaithful*_old

ToiletDuck said:
Can't wait to see how he goes and also who is the one(s) TO GO. I mean at the moment, if you slot Martin in for Lance, Todd Byrne still isn't in the team (assuming he was fully fit). So take Jerome out of the halves with Witt there next year, which means he basically goes to centre.

So we have Simon 'Im the Mannering', Vatuvei, Ah Van, Martin, Jerome, Aidan Kirk, Michael Crockett, Todd Byrne, and now possibly Lance all vying for 2 centre and 2 wing positions? Is this right?

Yeah thats correct. I dont know whos going to play where though. Itl be all about impressing in the 2007 pre-season. :)

scottyb_old

crockett is super fast so he'd be an assett, i just dunno where everyone is going to fit there is going to be some guys who have performed well this year who may be playing bartercard next year

warriorfaithful*_old

scottyb said:
crockett is super fast so he'd be an assett, i just dunno where everyone is going to fit there is going to be some guys who have performed well this year who may be playing bartercard next year

Yeah.Cant wait to see him play.The question is where. We will just have to wait and see.

*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old

crockett sounds heaps promisin so itll b great to watchin him play next season n also with the packer bros its almost certain well make it to the grand final so bring on 2007!!!!!

blez_old

geez, warriors.co.nz talks up EVERYONE. Are you all actually expecting this Crockett fellow to make a difference?

The Warriors are ridiculously crowded in the outside backs as it is. I hope Crockett will make himself comfortable in the Bartercard Cup.