General New Recruits Prove Difference

warriors4life_old

Guest
Who else agrees that the Warriors management did their homework last season when they chose which players to sign? Grant Rovelli was a gem of a signing, and has played brilliant so far this season, and could prove a superstar in years to come.

Micheal Luck is a hard-working back-rower who makes good metres and good go-forward.

And tonight we have seen the brilliance of George Gatis, who, even after a three-year hiatus, looked like he had been playing forever, and really sparked us in the first half.

Great signings I say, and those that criticised our recruitment policy last season should be eating their words now.
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
Management obviously did a GREAT job of signing young talent and if anything they have a SURPLUS of talented players, not a deficit. Add Cleary to the list of smart recruiting, too... I`ve had a good feeling about him from the start and I think he`s going to take us a long way from where he started with them.
 

northwarrior_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
Who else agrees that the Warriors management did their homework last season when they chose which players to sign? Grant Rovelli was a gem of a signing, and has played brilliant so far this season, and could prove a superstar in years to come.

Micheal Luck is a hard-working back-rower who makes good metres and good go-forward.

And tonight we have seen the brilliance of George Gatis, who, even after a three-year hiatus, looked like he had been playing forever, and really sparked us in the first half.

Great signings I say, and those that criticised our recruitment policy last season should be eating their words now.
Forget lance at hooker.....I have just seen a number one performance from our new number one hooker....just get sione back in the second row....and we are on fire.....
 

mosh_old

Guest
Yes your right warriors4life, the same management that embarassed us by becoming the only team to lose points prior to a season beggining and the same management that aren't there. Who are we praising? Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion and Mick Watson were the key ingrediants in the signings and they arent there...

Have school holidays begun warriors4life? Must have.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Mosh said:
Yes your right warriors4life, the same management that embarassed us by becoming the only team to lose points prior to a season beggining and the same management that aren't there. Who are we praising? Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion and Mick Watson were the key ingrediants in the signings and they arent there...

Have school holidays begun warriors4life? Must have.

I thought somebody would have to bring up the salary cap business. If you actually cared to read my original post properly and thoroughly you would see that I praise the management for their recruitment for the 2006 season, I never once praised them for the salary cap business. Yes, I am praising Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion, Ivan Cleary and Mick Watson, but not for the salary cap scandal. And no, the school holidays have not begun yet.
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
Mosh said:
Yes your right warriors4life, the same management that embarassed us by becoming the only team to lose points prior to a season beggining and the same management that aren't there. Who are we praising? Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion and Mick Watson were the key ingrediants in the signings and they arent there...

Have school holidays begun warriors4life? Must have.

I thought somebody would have to bring up the salary cap business. If you actually cared to read my original post properly and thoroughly you would see that I praise the management for their recruitment for the 2006 season, I never once praised them for the salary cap business. Yes, I am praising Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion, Ivan Cleary and Mick Watson, but not for the salary cap scandal. And no, the school holidays have not begun yet.

A typical Mosh post... negative, insulting, and quarrelsome. You`re right about the signings, W4L... ignore the jerk.
 

edguy_old

Guest
come on ... we all on the same side here fellas .......
no in fighting .... :lol: thats an order ....lol
 

sebastian_old

Guest
My warriors flag is fying high on my roof & its ALL GOOD PEOPLES!!!!!
Gatis is my man of match but only just the WHOLE team were nearly flawless.With Faumaini back next week i truly have FAITH we can beat Newcastle. Gatis & Rovelli what a TEAM!! Can't wait for next week.
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
You have every reason to believe in these guys, Sebastian!! They played like true champion material tonight and Newcastle needs to be worried right now... the Warriors are fired up!!
 

mosh_old

Guest
AmeriKiwi said:
warriors4life said:
Mosh said:
Yes your right warriors4life, the same management that embarassed us by becoming the only team to lose points prior to a season beggining and the same management that aren't there. Who are we praising? Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion and Mick Watson were the key ingrediants in the signings and they arent there...

Have school holidays begun warriors4life? Must have.

I thought somebody would have to bring up the salary cap business. If you actually cared to read my original post properly and thoroughly you would see that I praise the management for their recruitment for the 2006 season, I never once praised them for the salary cap business. Yes, I am praising Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion, Ivan Cleary and Mick Watson, but not for the salary cap scandal. And no, the school holidays have not begun yet.

A typical Mosh post... negative, insulting, and quarrelsome. You`re right about the signings, W4L... ignore the jerk.

Yes, I seriously fear that your one of those people that only look one way before crossing a street,

We lost Tevita Latu who is having a blinder for the Sharks in his last 2 games (one going on right now), and Ali Lauiti-iti, Iafeta Paleeasina etc etc. There is two sides to consider and you cannot praise a former management especially with their track record. Its like praising a serial rapist for pleading guilty.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Mosh said:
AmeriKiwi said:
warriors4life said:
Mosh said:
Yes your right warriors4life, the same management that embarassed us by becoming the only team to lose points prior to a season beggining and the same management that aren't there. Who are we praising? Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion and Mick Watson were the key ingrediants in the signings and they arent there...

Have school holidays begun warriors4life? Must have.

I thought somebody would have to bring up the salary cap business. If you actually cared to read my original post properly and thoroughly you would see that I praise the management for their recruitment for the 2006 season, I never once praised them for the salary cap business. Yes, I am praising Tony Kemp, Kevin Campion, Ivan Cleary and Mick Watson, but not for the salary cap scandal. And no, the school holidays have not begun yet.

A typical Mosh post... negative, insulting, and quarrelsome. You`re right about the signings, W4L... ignore the jerk.

Yes, I seriously fear that your one of those people that only look one way before crossing a street,

We lost Tevita Latu who is having a blinder for the Sharks in his last 2 games (one going on right now), and Ali Lauiti-iti, Iafeta Paleeasina etc etc. There is two sides to consider and you cannot praise a former management especially with their track record. Its like praising a serial rapist for pleading guilty.

Granted, but I am not praising the former management for the players we lost or released but I am praising them for the players that they signed and that we have gained. I accept we lost good players, who didn't make the most of their opportunities during their time at the Warriors, but that is similar to crying over spilt milk, and I am looking to the future with the new players we have now got. If it wasn't for the former management we would not have signed Grant Rovelli, Micheal Luck or George Gatis, which means tonight, instead of celebrating a win, we would be brooding over a loss, so I think it is only fair to give the former management due credit.
 

AmeriKiwi_old

Guest
Geez, looking at it from THAT point of view makes the glass look half FULL!! IMAGINE THAT!!
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Yeah and to add some maths to positive thinking, we actually didn't lose 4 points we gained -4 points.
 

Iafeta_old

Guest
Mosh, again you nail it. The signings were primarily due to Kevin Campion. He's the man who deserves the praise.

In my opinion, it pays to scout the 'powerful' clubs lower grades - Cowboys, Brisbane, Parramatta, Roosters, Melbourne through Norths, St George-Illawarra - there are top talents waiting for a chance there. Think of the sorts of players they've introduced over the past 2-3 years, your Wes Nuigamas, your Tim Smiths, your Ben Smiths, your Sam Perretts, your Anthony Tupous, your Greg Inglis', your Clint Greenshields, your Matt Heads, your Ashton Sims, your Brett Seymour's... in my opinion, you can pick up 1-2-3 good young talents there per year, players more than capable of making the step up that aren't going to cost you the bank.

Combine them with 5 or so top talents from the local area, those 8 or so players won't cost you an arm and a leg yet are more than likely going to be value for money, and then you're in a good position to sign 17 very good players.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
Iafeta said:
Mosh, again you nail it. The signings were primarily due to Kevin Campion. He's the man who deserves the praise.

From what I can tell, Iafeta, warriors4life was praising Kevin Campion. :?
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Just to get things back on track. To the three newbies. THey get the triple thumbs up from me!!
 

Northern_Union

Guest
Mosh you could launch your own brand of tools and you could be the massot for them at sports events.
 

Similar threads

Replies
23
Views
2K
*Kimmy*_old
Replies
8
Views
883
ToiletDuck_old
Replies
17
Views
1K
kiwi man_old
Replies
12
Views
2K
westie stylz_old
Replies
6
Views
983
Tyrael_old

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings