General New one-off Warriors jersey to be launched

LeagueNut_old

One Tribe joins forces with The Pink Bin Company

Vodafone One Tribe have announced a new sponsorship arrangement and the release of a one-time Warriors playing strip to mark the occasion.

Beginning with the Warriors next home game against the Manly Sea Eagles, the One Tribe will be joined by new sponsors The Pink Bin Company, a newcomer to New Zealand with a strong focus on recycling initiatives in the chemical waste industry.

One Tribe spokesman Tom Scamola is thrilled with the new arrangement.

"This is a great deal for everyone concerned" said Mr Scamola. "We’re thrilled to join forces with The Pink Bin Company, and look forward to working closely with them to provide our fans with an outstanding experience at home games, as well as beginning to educate them on the dangers of chemical waste around the home".

The new joint venture will officially begin once the NRL have approved the one-time playing strip, which the Warriors hope to be able to wear as soon as possible.

"Basically, all new jerseys, promotional or not, need to go through the right channels" says Mr Scamola. "We’re hoping to get NRL approval as soon as possible, and ideally the Warriors will be wearing the jerseys for their next match against the Manly Sea Eagles".

The one-off strip, combining the traditional Warriors colours of black and silver with a splash of pink added to the mix, will also feature the One Tribe "jigsaw" logo – "a true fans jersey", according to Mr Scamola.

PromoJersey.jpg

A picture of the proposed new Warriors jersey

"This picture represents what has been sent to the NRL for approval, and we'll do the fine-tuning once the thumbs-up has been received"

"While the jersey may have been 'fast-tracked' through the design process, we’re very pleased with the result. We’re confident that our fans will snap these jerseys up as soon as we can get them out there"

"Who knows - if we get the reaction we're expecting, these new designs could become permanent for next week and beyond."

STORY LINK

PB_old

Reminds me of my old touch shirts. Not silly to have a distinctive alternative. What do you think League Nut?

LeagueNut_old

I like it to be honest. A bit more colour is always good.

Plus more sponsors equals more $$$ for the club, so it can't be a bad thing.

Tajhay_old

if it wasnt april 1st i woulda believed you :)

(had to check my clock for that :))

AmeriKiwi_old

Great way to save money by combining the cheerleader and player`s uniforms into one tidy package!!

LeagueNut_old

But it's a true story! Click the link if you don't believe me. :(

Or maybe it was all just too obvious ... dammit!

PB_old

LeagueNut said:
But it's a true story! Click the link if you don't believe me. :(

Or maybe it was all just too obvious ... dammit!

Yeah. I tried to back it up but a failing effort I'm afraid.

Beckah_old

GOlly I would love them to change it to that! So beautiful its like my dream come true.

Perhaps you could try pitching it to the board Nut! :)

AmeriKiwi_old

Save that photo, L.N., might come in handy when the Warriorettes team starts playing next month.
(but it`s a true story!)

LeagueNut_old

LOL! I'm obviously going to have to come up with something much more cunning for next year ....

AliN_old

yes the crayfish boat being stranded in Houhora Harbour with the crayfish running all over the beach did the trick
then there was the beer tanker coming to grief at the Houhora Heads motor camp...
the radio stations loved it, but Shirl and Jerry running the camp weren't too impressed ;)

those were the days..