General New Jersey

mosh_old

0,,5307958,00.jpeg

0,,5308025,00.jpeg

Thats apparently it.

mosh_old

With all due respect to the narrow minded clowns at puma, they needed to be informed that this is not a New Zealand representing team. There is no colour there that was on the original 1995 Jersey, and now they seem to think that we need more black and less grey?

Isnt it funny that the puma logo colours are grey/white and black?

And you expect us fans to believe that the Warriors give a shit about their fans or to please their sponsers?

What a joke of a jersey.

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

26/01/2006XtraMSNThe Warriors joined an elite global group this week when PUMA revealed the club's new playing strip for the 2006 National Rugby League season.

Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah said the players and the club were thrilled with the look of the design.

"The Warriors are new in so many respects heading into the 2006 NRL season," he said.

"We're new in the front office, new in the football department with a new structure led by new head coach Ivan Cleary who has a squad that is, in many respects, new as well.

"And now we also have a new playing uniform and a new look, the first change in three years. It's a design that places us among elite company on a global scale."

The creation of the playing strip, which began a year ago, sees the Warriors aligned with the PUMA Pace concept produced by one of the world's top international fashion designers Neil Barrett.

Bob Vann, Country Manager PUMA New Zealand, said the Warriors were just one of two teams in Australasia to be outfitted in the PUMA International Pace Collection. The other team is Essendon in the AFL (Australian Football League).

PUMA will feature the Warriors in its 2006 football advertising campaign, alongside world soccer powers Italy and Cameroon. The Pace brand will be worn by 12 of the 32 teams at the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany.

Scurrah said he had received outstanding feedback from Warriors players about the new jersey, which features a round collar.

"There were plenty of complimentary remarks when they put it on for the first time when we had some photos taken of the players recently," he said.

The Warriors will debut the new playing strip in their first pre-season trial against Canberra at North Harbour Stadium on Sunday, February 12. The club's elite development players will wear the alternate jersey in the curtain-raiser against the North Harbour Tigers.

MarkW_old

Ah, Mosh, you're such a ray of sunshine...

Here's a pic of Wairangi wearing the home jersey... i'm sure more will follow.

0,1445,221161,00.jpg

Wiki_old

I think its actually bloody fantastic.

I'm stoked with the jersey.

True, club colours from 1995 are gone but seriously, the logo has no club colours there.

The look of it looks outstanding from a design point of view and I feel we are the New Zealand Warriors so why not show New Zealand colours?

I'm stoked and now even more excited.

Skinny_Ravs82

Hehe. It's pretty kewl I think. Could have been worse.

tHe_maC_old

I like it. But I dred to think how much it costs.

Puma have also made a really nice Manu Samoa rugby jersey.

Also, Mosh, the club dictates what they want to the manufactuers. So if you are that angry, blame the Warriors.

mosh_old

Wiki said:
Look at the away strip!

This is bloody gorgeous.

I agree the away strip is great and the only one ill be buying but still the home strip is too damn black. It almost looks like one of the superleague sides.

IanR_old

I like the away strip.

Home...meh. I preferred the grey V. But it isn't horrible.

*Kimmy*_old

Its alright .... but no collars :( but ohwell...i may buy one...depends how much it is...

warriors4life_old

From warriors.co.nz

nrl_promo_1.jpg

Sione Faumuina, Clinton Toopi and Awen Guttenbeil in the new Vodafone Warriors strip while shooting the NRL's 2006 television commercial in Sydney last week.

warriors4life_old

looks okay...but is heading towards a kind of All Black design

2big2strong_old

Wiki said:
Look at the away strip!

This is bloody gorgeous.

I can't see anything? am i the only one? i really wanna see tha away strip
as far as the black one goes.... um...that took a year to design? ok, looks stealth like which is good, gee.. is it just me or is that vodafone logo getting bigger and bigger?

MarkW_old

The home jersey looks very similar to their training shirt.
It's a pity they dropped the 'V', but all in all it looks ok. I swear there is more red on the jersey than grey as well ;)

Just be thankful it looks nothing like this abomination!
Awwwjerseyscomau images 2005 panthawayjer

Iafeta_old

Top top jersey.

Mosh, in many regards I think the new Warriors regime have attempted to steer clear of the dead and buried Auckland Warriors, including jersey wise. Can't say I liked the old jersey anyway, as far as it not representing New Zealand, it didn't really represent Auckland either - blue and white is what I associate Auckland with, not blue, green and red.

Where's the away jersey?