General Netball

Reaction score

LordGnome_old

Its been a bad week for Ruth Aitken - first her son pisses all over the other passengers on a flight to the world championships, the the Australian team pisses all over her girls in the final of the world championships!

Its interesting how much coverage this event gets - plus other one off tests between Australia and the the Silver Snatches - in comparisson to international league and the achievements of the kiwis.

Reaction score

mrblonde_old

Well, gotta have the T and A on TV somewhere...

It does irk me a bit that the Silver Ferns are on free to air ie TV One and the Kiwis aren't.

Reaction score

LordGnome_old

It does irk me a bit that the Silver Ferns are on free to air ie TV One and the Kiwis aren't.
Exactly - an international sport with exactly two countries that play it.

Reaction score

LordGnome_old

Well, gotta have the T and A on TV somewhere....
Mate, they'd have to be naked to get me to watch it (well, training shoes could possibly be allowed.)

Reaction score

danpatmac_old

Netball is Basketball without any of the good things.

Reaction score

LordGnome_old

And playing on greased floors?
And forget the ball and the hoops. And replace the court with a pit filled with jelly.

Reminds me of a holiday I took in spain about 25 years ago.......

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Great win for the girls, the way they started I thought we’d get hammered but they showed guts to come back and hold their nerve

Reaction score
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Great win, well done.

All the games played in Liverpool. Big surprise therefore that no-one nicked the trophy before it was due to be presented. I’ve got a job on site atm and the little b****ds have nicked the plastic refuse shute off the side of the scaffold, they even told the contractors foreman they were going to do it ffs.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Great win, well done.

All the games played in Liverpool. Big surprise therefore that no-one nicked the trophy before it was due to be presented. I’ve got a job on site atm and the little b****ds have nicked the plastic refuse shute off the side of the scaffold, they even told the contractors foreman they were going to do it ffs.
A friend of mine used to build group houses in some of the worst areas in South Auckland. One day, his contractors arrived onsite to find aluminium joinery from four of the five houses they were building had been stolen overnight. The cops most helpful advice was to paint the street numbers on to plywood and then attach that to the roofs so the Eagle police helicopter could find the houses easier when the replacement windows were stolen.

Back to the topic - congrats to the Silver Ferns. If playing them against male opponents hardened them up to prepare them for the World Cup, perhaps Kearney should line up our bunch off lip droppers against the Kiwi Ferns to harden them up ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Great win for the girls, the way they started I thought we’d get hammered but they showed guts to come back and hold their nerve
The coach didn't leave anything behind in the dressing room. No new ideas, no little bit of extra effort, nothing. Quite simply she wanted the win more than the Aussies. It comes down to that. If Kearney has little feuds with players getting in the way of winning he is not a good coach. End of story.

Top Bottom