TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Is there anything more Wahs than our injury prone halfback playing the whole season only to get injured the week of the finals.

Someone saying Webster has confirmed Volkman won't be playing?

This is a clusterfuck. Wreaks of derailment and a thrashing on Saturday ahead of presumably a red hot Knights would be the worst possible outcome

Egan at 6 TMM at 7 Lussick at 9 or Walker at 6 TMM at 7? No long kicking game might as well bring back Warriors ball. Hoping we have no injuries or suspensions from this game because this game has just gotten so much harder and we will likely be playing next week.

Hopefully bringing Volkman in will be allowed.

A TMM / Walker halves pairing would be a disaster. Cannot see how we could muster a win with that combo.

Hopefully with Volkman, we see more of the much hyped kicking game than we did against the Dolphins.
Nah, We might as well go full defensive mode and put walker @6 to try and keep the score below 100 🤣 Because the Panthers will be on Volkman like flies on shit.
Not going to score with a rusty TMM & a inexperienced Volkman in a finals pressure cooker game like this.
I maybe negative as fuck right now. But i can't see how we beat them with SJ out. Cut our losses, Go full on defensive mode & try to keep the score respectable.
Our best bet is to set up simple plays for AFB & Nuikore to barge over close to the line. No Intricate backline moves where we drop the ball and hand it over every damn play lol. Cos panthers capitalise on mistakes better than any other team.

They've corrected the FB post

Screenshot_20230907_195710_Facebook.jpg

Jeez some people are delusional if they think this is a stun. You don’t go this far to pull. Fast one - we’d lose all credibility and Websters known to be a straight shooter.

If anything it would be a bigger distraction for our guys to keep up the ruse.

Face reality. He’s out

I think it's a stunt. Watch the flogs on NRL360 make a big deal and hooha about it which will play right into mastermind Webby's hands. Webby is the puppeteer and is orchestrating the biggest mind fuck that a final series has ever seen

NRL.com

Panthers v Warriors, Saturday at BlueBet Stadium​

Panthers: Hooker Mitch Kenny (leg) and back-rower Scott Sorensen (leg) are back on deck and will play. Jaeman Salmon is 18th Man with Tyrone Peachey preferred as the utility on the bench.

Warriors: Shaun Johnson has been ruled out after suffering a calf injury at training during the week. The club said on Thursday night that they expect the 32-year-old to be available for their next game, which will either be a preliminary final in two weeks or a sudden-death clash in Finals Week Two. With Ronald Volkman not included in the reserves, Dylan Walker shapes as the likely man to come in and partner Te Maire Martin in the halves. Skipper Tohu Harris (back spasms) and interchange forward Jazz Tevaga (hamstring) meanwhile are both good to go.

Walker will play in the halfs. From what I have seen from webby he would prefer a more experienced player in a big game like this and walker has a ton of experience. Ronnie is still very raw and would get chewed up and spat out by the Panthers if he played. I still think the warriors can win, I know SJ is a big part of the team but he's only 1 player out of 17 and we shouldn't have to rely on 1 player to win us a game.

Back