General Nathan Friend fined $5000 by NRL over ad

Roving Reporter_old

Gold Coast hooker Nathan Friend will fork out $5,000 for wearing headgear featuring the logo for his personal training business.

More...

daj3_old

Probably a wise move on his part. If it went unchecked by the NRL, then it's free advertising. Since they have fined him, then it's $5000 to have his business advertised in the sports page of heaps of newspapers and the NRL website.

daj3_old

He's been wearing them since the start of the season, but yeah, I wondered that myself. Also, I thought the Broncos exclusively wore nike boots, but Folau's been wearing adidas boots, and I saw him in an adidas ad the other day too.

daj3_old

If I was an NRL player, I'd sell headgear advertising rights to some internet website for $15000, on the sly. Then I'd express remorse, plead ignorance... hope for a smaller fine ($5000ish, like Friend's) >>> $10,000 profit, and a huge jump in web traffic for that business's website. Everyone wins.

a.c.e_old

ROFL!!!!! This is soooooooooo funny, Friend should've taken a piss outside a club and copped a 2k fine, at least it would have been worth it.