General Nathan Fien in LU'S TEAM OF THE WEEK.

Robster_old

okay he played allright in my view on sunday but certianly not a MOM performance, but to be shocked even more he's been listed as LU's top 17 of the week on the bench, not a single person on nzwarriors.com have voted for him as MOM, I have no idea what this guy was watching.

warriors4life_old

Yeah, LeagueUnlimited are pretty dubious when it comes to choosing their best players.

mosh_old

I dont think you should take anything that comes from LU seriously, in my opinion.

Skinny_Ravs82

LOL, well who knows what they were thinking. It wasn't like Joey was running circles around him now was it? I'm not trying to say he played crap but he didn't play fabulos either he did allright and maybe I'm starting to see more and more improvements as time goes on (or perhaps I'm just imagining it) but he did do some good things against the Knights. I just think and feel people are far too critical of him too often to actually notice the things he does well.

Warrior_Hot_Stepper_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
LOL, well who knows what they were thinking. It wasn't like Joey was running circles around him now was it? I'm not trying to say he played crap but he didn't play fabulos either he did allright and maybe I'm starting to see more and more improvements as time goes on (or perhaps I'm just imagining it) but he did do some good things against the Knights. I just think and feel people are far too critical of him too often to actually notice the things he does well.

True that, i agree with SkinnyRavs, lets focus on the positive things he does and build on it.

ozbash_old

Mosh said:
I dont think you should take anything that comes from LU seriously, in my opinion.

yes, and i value your opinion too mosh. 8)

the guy who did the updates was actually doing 2 at the same time. he would be trying to watch the tv and listen to the wireless at the same time.

doing 1 is hard enough, you actually miss a large part of the game.

still, its become a professional site so the standards should be high.

Iafeta_old

The ratings were definitely askew for sure.

However, as bash says, there's a sh!tload of work that goes into that site and it is a fantastic site with clear, coherent debates and laughs. Thoroughly enjoy it.

Skinny_Ravs82

Iafeta said:
The ratings were definitely askew for sure.

However, as bash says, there's a sh!tload of work that goes into that site and it is a fantastic site with clear, coherent debates and laughs. Thoroughly enjoy it.

Lots of work yeah but being accurate I don't know. Shouldn't they have assigned seperate people to do a game each coz it can get a bit much.

Iafeta_old

Would you like to put your hand up?

How many people do you think are working for LU? Its not as many as you think.

Skinny_Ravs82

Iafeta said:

It was just a suggestion. don't jump on my back like that!

AliN_old

Mosh said:

A lot of the members here are members over there Mosh. What does that say then?

The live updaters are volunteers giving up their footy time to do a service for people who can't see the games for whatever reason.

I've done updates every week on LU since it was a very very basic Sportsunlimited, and quite often did more than 1 game at a time as a service so people who wanted updates didn't miss out.

This is my 1st year off and I must admit that I'm enjoying watching the whole game instead of typing up the action.

You don't see the whole game if you're typing a commentry to give the viewers a sense of what's going on.

It is hard and time consuming and I looked forward to watching the replay and on more than one ocassion have realised I din't pick the right MOM.

A couple of regulard here do a fanastic job with their updates but anyone who's willing to put their hand up is more than welcome.

Just remember these are footy fans, and cop criticism for trying to help others.

Iafeta_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
Iafeta said:

It was just a suggestion. don't jump on my back like that!

It was just a solution. Put your hand up if you're so concerned.

Otherwise, to borrow a line from the Nature Boy, learn to live with it, learn to love it.

Iafeta_old

AliN said:
Mosh said:

The live updaters are volunteers giving up their footy time to do a service for people who can't see the games for whatever reason.

I've done updates every week on LU since it was a very very basic Sportsunlimited, and quite often did more than 1 game at a time as a service so people who wanted updates didn't miss out.

This is my 1st year off and I must admit that I'm enjoying watching the whole game instead of typing up the action.

You don't see the whole game if you're typing a commentry to give the viewers a sense of what's going on.

It is hard and time consuming and I looked forward to watching the replay and on more than one ocassion have realised I din't pick the right MOM.

A couple of regulard here do a fanastic job with their updates but anyone who's willing to put their hand up is more than welcome.

Just remember these are footy fans, and cop criticism for trying to help others.

Good on you Ali. I've always enjoyed your updates.

AmeriKiwi_old

Sounds like the writers are busier than one armed paperhangers... good on them for helping those who depend on the updates. Keeping my hand down, b.t.w. 8)

warriors4life_old

At least their live stats are better and more informative than nrl.com.

warriors4life_old

Good to see Price made the starting side for their team and Rovelli made the bench.

mosh_old

AliN said:
Mosh said:

We ran live updates on this site too and plan to do in the future, but the thing is/was that if we couldnt do a proper job then we wouldnt want to provide a half arsed job. That is why we canned the live audio of Warriors game for "now" as we didnt want to disappoint fans who would be relying on us to provide them with audio and then we because of not enough hands helping out cannot provide it. It would be extremely annoying.
So from next year we want to do some live video, audio when we have everything sorted and invest quite a sum of money into it. And do a proper job so people can appreciate it as reliable.

We do not pay anyone here either nor do we get "sponsered" like LU, mainly because we told our sponsers to bugger off as we did not want to change our site or ruin it sponsers signs like "Click here to buy this piece of crap". Although I do promise that in 5 years time, I will be paying admins a good amount of $$$ for being here.

You dont want to ride a bike when you cant tighten all the bolts yet.