Internationals Nathan Cayless out of Tri Series

Kav_old

I have read reports out of Sydney that Nathan is out due to a torn pectoral (shoulder) muscle, caused by a Brent White tackle termed a "ripper". Pictures show White pulling Cayless on to his back by grabbing his ball carrying arm. The NRL are going to have to re-examine their policy on these so called wrestling tactics (grapple, crusher and now ripper) primarily employed by the Storm (though our own Lauaki has resorted to the crusher tackle recently). With Cayless out, we certainly need Moi Moi to front up with Assotasi (and one more prop - Jayson Cayless, Jeff Lima?)

Kav

commonsense_old

what about our own props in rapira and tumivave?

bronson harrison has been playing in the frontrow for the tigers lately too

Mone_old

That Cayless injury looked like White executed a Kimora similar to the one that Mark Hunt falls victim to in pride fighting.

Viking_old

I had a big whinge on here about that type of tackle when Manly grubbed their way to a loss at Mt Smart, saying that if the attackers body is pinned then there was real potential for damage. Manly were doing it in every tackle of the first half then stopped doing it in the 2nd half and we ran away with the game. I'm guessing they were given a warning at half time about it.

Joe 90_old

Damn, thats a whole lot of experience gone with Cayless out. Asotasi apart, this is looking like its going to be one of the greenest Kiwi teams we've put on a park for a while.

How many of the candidates have reached double figures for numbers of test's? Asotasi? Hape? Not many.

Mone_old

If any.
I dont know what to think, in past years when I have thought our team looked destined for a thrashing we performed. I hope this is one of them.

Kav_old

What is it with the Storm and there bullshit tactics?

It has to come down to the "Coach of the Year", Craig Bellamy.
The TV cameras focussed on the word "wrestle" written in bold print on the Storm's whiteboard in their dressing room at half time. They are certainly making an art form out of tactics designed to slow down the play the ball and appear to have every encouragement from their coach to push these to the limit of the rules.
The NRL needs to encourage one on one tackles, particularly low tackles, by making them dominant on every occasion. This winning of the tackle issue is becoming not only tedious but dangerous to player safety.

Kav

Skinny_Ravs82

That's why I kinda want Melbourne to lose this weekend in the grand final. Perhaps it would knock some sense into them. Coz if they win it with s****y tactics like that, everyone will do it even more...and soon we won't be playing league...but some other version meant to look like league

Swanley_old

No Tri series this year Kav..as per your title.

Forwards a re never an Issue with the Kiwis, it's in the backs which is our weakness..

Jesbass_old

No Tri series this year Kav..as per your title.

No Tri series? What do you mean Swanney?

Kav
Precisely that, Kav. There is no Tri-Nations this year. In fact, there most likely won't be a Tri-Series until 2009. This year the series was never booked as teams are building up to the World Cup in 2008. So we have a test with Australia and a tour to Britain...but no Tri-Series.