bruce

bruce

Contributor
It‘s such a well made point, and I don’t think it’s a maybe, good sides absolutely understand this which is why there are always players moving up and numbers around the ball on attack.
I must be crazy, but I am far more accepting on the form than in previous years. I just have this feeling they are not too are away rom clicking.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Up the guttz

Up the guttz

Chucking this in here because Justin Morgan is going to cost Nathan Brown his job if he isn't replaced.

--------------

Justin Morgan's job should be on the line, not Browns (especially when there is no obvious replacement).

Below are the last 4 years of his defensive coaching tenure and our average points conceded per game.

Premiership winning teams average between 10-14 points conceded per game.

Average Points Conceded Per Game
2022: 26.3
2021: 26
2020: 22.9
2019: 23.9

How this guy is still our defensive coach when we have had some of the worst defence in the game for the last 4 years is mind boggling.

You just need to look at how Todd Payten has turned the Cowboys around to see that it's all about defence. They've gone from having one of the worst defences to one of the best (for the season to date at least) in one off season.

You can't win a competition by conceding 20, 30, 40, 50 points a game. It will never happen.

Stop the opposition from scoring and you'll never lose a game. Simple.
Sore a drinkwater interview a few backs back after a cowboys win and he said all they done in the offseason was tackling. On the back of that their attack has also been good. Looks like we only worked on attack and that still sucks.

wizards rage

wizards rage

Sore a drinkwater interview a few backs back after a cowboys win and he said all they done in the offseason was tackling. On the back of that their attack has also been good. Looks like we only worked on attack and that still sucks.
Attack and defence is all interrelated through fitness, mobility, mental sharpness, reaction speed, lateral movement, etc.

It’s no surprise the best attacking teams are also good defensively.

Reactions: 1 users
Noitall

Noitall

Attack and defence is all interrelated through fitness, mobility, reaction speed etc.

It’s no surprise the best attacking teams are usually the best defensive ones as well
Defence is key, if you can keep a teams score sheet clean even a penalty or dropped goal can win the game. Opportunities will come through fatigue to the opposition so as you say fitness definitely plays apart. Fittest I’ve seen us was in recent years was under Corvo and that’s the last time we made the top 8.

Reactions: 4 users
Sledge

Sledge

Looking at Todd Payten pre match. Totally different to Brown. Yes ok he is a winner at the moment but he just looks like he knows whats needed within the team/ club. With Brown something looks missing.
Regaine?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
AlexM

AlexM

Looking at Todd Payten pre match. Totally different to Brown. Yes ok he is a winner at the moment but he just looks like he knows whats needed within the team/ club. With Brown something looks missing.
Proceeds to lose to the tigers..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Apparently Flanagan has quit his commentary job today. They thinking he’s about to take over at the bulldogs.
Makes sense. Dogs board to hold crisis meeting tomorrow. Expecting Flanagan to be announced.

Reactions: 5 users
Diesel

Diesel

Gossip column from Rothfield so as always, take it with a grain of salt

HEADER

The owner of the New Zealand Warriors, Mark Robinson, had no time for a chat on Sunday morning when we called and asked about his coach Nathan Brown’s future. “Mate I’m in the middle of checking out from my hotel … I’ll have to ring you back bro.” CLUNK. He didn’t pick up when we rang back. Eventually we got a text message: “Hi Phil mate I have nothing to say right now.”

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Peewee

HEADER

The owner of the New Zealand Warriors, Mark Robinson, had no time for a chat on Sunday morning when we called and asked about his coach Nathan Brown’s future. “Mate I’m in the middle of checking out from my hotel … I’ll have to ring you back bro.” CLUNK. He didn’t pick up when we rang back. Eventually we got a text message: “Hi Phil mate I have nothing to say right now.”
Well we have missed out on Flanno

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Gossip column from Rothfield so as always, take it with a grain of salt HEADER The owner of the New Zealand Warriors, Mark Robinson, had no time for a chat on Sunday morning when we called and asked about his coach Nathan Brown’s future. “Mate I’m in the middle of checking out from my hotel … I’ll have to ring you back bro.” CLUNK. He didn’t pick up when we rang back. Eventually we got a text message: “Hi Phil mate I have nothing to say right now.”
Quality scoop from Buzz, Robbo says I'll ring you back bro

Images 66

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

HEADER

A simple "fuck off Buzz" would have sufficed.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users