bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I think in general Brownie is going OK, however he admits he is not a great motivator in the sheds or anything like that. Therefore I think he needs someone who knows the game and the players will respect.

Former players that come to mind are, Paul Gallen, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater. People of that ilk, you could call them 'Technical Director', or 'Official Arse Kicker' Former players who have been there, done that. Those who know the dressing rooms and mini skills mental and physical.
If brownie goes we must keep continuity and hire Craig Hodges 😂

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Reading an article yesterday about staff trying to get home, some of which won’t be back next year, it’s hard to predict the future of this club. Only a fool would be banking on 2023 and beyond being anything different to next year or at least potentially disrupted in some way, and with us for next year being so tied to Redcliffe in every way, next year is going to be a big year setting up for alternative accommodation, home game grounds and training facilities if Redcliffe do go in. I know Redcliffe have the most money and resources, I also saw a proposal of the other 2 options amalgamating, which I think was shot down. I think our only way of not being asked to amalgamate is to have a similar set up as the one we’re going into next year with as a back up if trans Tasman travel is effected in future. If our owners had endless pits of money, the best bet would be to build facilities over there while keeping facilities here also.

Reactions: bruce

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Reading an article yesterday about staff trying to get home, some of which won’t be back next year, it’s hard to predict the future of this club. Only a fool would be banking on 2023 and beyond being anything different to next year or at least potentially disrupted in some way, and with us for next year being so tied to Redcliffe in every way, next year is going to be a big year setting up for alternative accommodation, home game grounds and training facilities if Redcliffe do go in. I know Redcliffe have the most money and resources, I also saw a proposal of the other 2 options amalgamating, which I think was shot down. I think our only way of not being asked to amalgamate is to have a similar set up as the one we’re going into next year with as a back up if trans Tasman travel is effected in future. If our owners had endless pits of money, the best bet would be to build facilities over there while keeping facilities here also.
I'm sure Australia will have some trainers and physio the club can hire next year. Not a bad shout to have a facility in aus though.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I'm sure Australia will have some trainers and physio the club can hire next year. Not a bad shout to have a facility in aus though.
If they are still there in 2023, the mind boggles as to how the club will cope, but heyzuess spare me we were saying that almost 2 years ago, and things have got worse, not better.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I Imagine so, makes a lot of sense

If Brown's sensible, he'd already have plans for the players once they're withdrawn from the Dolphins. Or, at least, he's having serious discussions with whoever has primary responsibility for the younger players...

We can be sure the Redcliffe Dolphins will be in the NRL in 2023. The maybe brightside is that the Warriors may then have a dedicated team in the NSWRL/QRL again.

I'm still very sure there won't be the Redcliffe Warriors in the NRL in 2023 or beyond. But stranger things have happened...

If the club are stuck in Australia for 2023, surely there'd need to be redundancies, contracts paid out/exited from to save the club from paying money for things it's not going to use because the thing it's paying for is in Auckland. You'd hope Mohawk and co would be on top of what needs doing there to keep the core parts of the club surviving...I hear Nik Brown is going into hospital to have thumb replacement surgery on both hands as he's worn them out from twiddling them so much during NRL season 2020 and 2021...

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
If Brown's sensible, he'd already have plans for the players once they're withdrawn from the Dolphins. Or, at least, he's having serious discussions with whoever has primary responsibility for the younger players...

We can be sure the Redcliffe Dolphins will be in the NRL in 2023. The maybe brightside is that the Warriors may then have a dedicated team in the NSWRL/QRL again.

I'm still very sure there won't be the Redcliffe Warriors in the NRL in 2023 or beyond. But stranger things have happened...

If the club are stuck in Australia for 2023, surely there'd need to be redundancies, contracts paid out/exited from to save the club from paying money for things it's not going to use because the thing it's paying for is in Auckland. You'd hope Mohawk and co would be on top of what needs doing there to keep the core parts of the club surviving...I hear Nik Brown is going into hospital to have thumb replacement surgery on both hands as he's worn them out from twiddling them so much during NRL season 2020 and 2021...
Nik is still on the Sound...isn't he?

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019

You mean they have to sell the bus!

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Is that the voice over guy at the Mt smart games...been there since day dot?
Could never stand him.
He is in the Sound. Yes he has been there since 1995. Good dude but his voice drives me nuts.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yes thats him.
Crikey he must be 104.
I am pretty sure he is well over 50.

Actually most original Warriors ticket holders are even older than that.

What does Mount Wellington think about that?🤔 Was he even a twinkle in his dads eye. ;)

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
You mean they have to sell the bus!
Don't be so stupid!

Although, given their habit of sacking the coach, Mohawk might end up giving a big, 8 wheel 30-something seater bus the full support of the board and then will have to call it to it's office and have that hard "it's not us, it's you" talk and give it it's own rubbish bag to clear it's desk out.

And then as the bus trudges sadly away from Mt Smart, he might realise he's sacked the wrong coach!! SHIT!!

They can't do that. Sacking the trainers is the logical thing to do, surely?! :p

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings