Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocco_Berry
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/rocco-berry/summary.html
I tried to begin that campaign but we didn't get enough signatures lol
View attachment 6300

Not that I have anything against what Montoya has been doing (would have been nice if he didn't try to bump Hughes, and just dug for the corner I guess..) but Ali isn't going to get a hell of a lot of game time over RTS or the GOAT, so don't see the harm in having him play left winger, learn from RTS, and then move in once he has some decent FG under his belt
I've also been hearing a lot of talk about how wingers are a more desirable place to play over centre, more involvement, more glory in finishing plays, I think wing would suit Ali Leiataua's personality. I have no doubt he could be as good if not better than Montoya.

He's more skillful than Montoya, and no knock on Montoya, like Pompey, a great depth guy.

I've also been hearing a lot of talk about how wingers are a more desirable place to play over centre, more involvement, more glory in finishing plays, I think wing would suit Ali Leiataua's personality. I have no doubt he could be as good if not better than Montoya.

He's more skillful than Montoya, and no knock on Montoya, like Pompey, a great depth guy.
How fast is Ali as a finisher, does he have the speed? Dallin is obviously the fastest, Monty doesn't seem that quick but we might miss his bruising carries and hits.
Given time Ali seems like he might bring another level of evasiveness and skill but dunno how quick he is.

How fast is Ali as a finisher, does he have the speed? Dallin is obviously the fastest, Monty doesn't seem that quick but we might miss his bruising carries and hits.
Given time Ali seems like he might bring another level of evasiveness and skill but dunno how quick he is.
I would say he's just as fast as Montoya and definitely more bruising than Montoya, He's 21!

I said Ali can be a good back up option for winger, then a few weeks later I said back up centre as well, some guy reposted those to try to say I am nuts or something lol

Dude’s totally gonna get the shot ahead of Kosi when one of the wingers get injured, and he’s either equal or just behind Pompey in the midfield

I said Ali can be a good back up option for winger, then a few weeks later I said back up centre as well, some guy reposted those to try to say I am nuts or something lol

Dude’s totally gonna get the shot ahead of Kosi when one of the wingers get injured, and he’s either equal or just behind Pompey in the midfield

Ali's talent absolutely cannot be questioned.

But he would be a forum scapegoat before he becomes a forum messiah

Pompey is next cab at centre as evidenced by his weekly prescense in the team list

And I support that.

Man….I need to read player stats more. 22??
He’s playing like he’s a seasoned vet, we bagged him big game time on here and now look at him, he hasn’t even touched the ceiling, he’s got a great career ahead of him.

Interstingly his contract ends Nov 2026

A handy full season before the 2027 Rugby World cup...

Interstingly his contract ends Nov 2026

A handy full season before the 2027 Rugby World cup...

I would say that is more indicative of how we have set up our contracts. Barring SJ and Jazz, everyone is signed for this year and next, which I guess you would classify as our "premiership window", Then there are select few are signed for the next two years, those being the vets (Capewell, RTS, and Niukore) and the potential cornerstones of the v2 Webby Warriors (Chanel, Metcalf, Lussick, Laban, Zyon, Halasima, and GOAT)

That does put him at 25 at the end of his contract though, and probably ripe for the picking for Razor if he wanted to; hopefully, his centre partner can be a cautionary tale that no matter how much Union you played as a kid, and no matter what heights you reach in RL, that doesn't necessarily equal Union success

Benji kinda killed the idea for a half to transition to union

Rugby folks were talking about how they wasted RTS at second five. He probably was more suited as a centre

Or fullback if he had a kicking game, Roger just lacked tackling techniques and kicking, funny enough Berry has always been a solid tackler, maybe union players are more solid with that?

Sailor, Tuqiri, Rogers were all gun players after they transitioned, so I guess if you're a league kicking half who can tackle you could be a gun fullback (SJ??), and wingers are straight forward

Second rowers probably suit union 2nd-five, ie SBW, that's why it was so nuts to put RTS a FB at that position lol, way too much donkey work and hit ups as battery ram

Back