General My interview with former Warrior 'Justin Murphy'

Robster_old

Justin Murphy has kindly given me his time and answered my questions below.

---------------
Robster - Hey Justin.

Murph - bonjour

Robster - Back in the Nrl which winger did you get hammered by the most?

Murph -I respect all the the wingers who play nrl, but id have to do for lote tuqiri, i played juniors in brisbane with him an marked him on my debut for the bulldogs. he was big strong fast an skillfull as a winger he had it all.

Robster - Its fair to say you won't be known as a Immortal when you leave Rugby League, but so far what has been your best memories playing the great game?

Murph -the best memories are the friends you make and the places you get see, iv been lucky i have had the chance to live in 4 countries playing league. playing wise my first grade debut and playing in the semi final and grand final for the warriors, and also being part of the first catalan dragons team to play in super league.

Robster - Do you go to Rugby League websites, if so which ones?

Murph -i look at rleague.com, lu and the nrl site its the only way for me to watch the games from over here. stace an i are always watching the warriors games.

Robster - Who has been your best team mate over the years?

Murph - iv made lots of good friends over the years i went to school with the walker boys and used to live with them in brisbane, mark tookey at the warriors but i get the chance to see all the other old warriors boys all the time now too which is good, ther are a few over here an we catch up whenever we can.

Robster - How you finding playing Rugby League in europe compared to Australia/NZ?

Murph -its a good strong comp

Robster - Did you like Daniel Anderson?

Murph - yes daniel is a very good coach, he helped me out a lot at the warriors an i think a lot of the young guys at the warriors now would say the same thing, he was good for the club. stace an i caught up with a few weeks back for a drink.

Robster - If you could partner any winger in the world who would it be?

Murph - at the moment it would have to big lesley the volcano.

Robster -Your biggest role model?

Murph - my little brother harry when he was 2 we found out he had cancer an the doctors didnt give him much chance, it was a tough time for our family and it was my first year at the warriors. he is 7 now and in remission he has been playing league for the past 2 years an loves it and he is a handy player. everything he dose he just goes 100% at swimming, athletics everything and just to see what he went through inspires me.

Robster - Best advice?

Murph - never take anything for granted

Robster - If today was your last day on earth, what would you have for your last meal?

Murph -id have a counter meal at my dads pub. t-bone and shrimp

Robster - thanks justin for your time.

Murph- keep up the good work, take it easy.

mosh_old

It seems like you were bagging him more than asking him questions

"You wont be known as an immortal"
"Who did you get smashed by the most"

Robster_old

Mosh that so aint true, I have been a real fan of murph over the years and he knows that with me acknowledging his brillence by making a site dedicated to him, he knows he won't be an immortal.

Northern_Union

i got that impression as well Mosh. On the whole though well done Robster.

MarkW_old

Nice work Robster, it's good to read what some of our ex-Warriors are up to.
The first couple of questions were a bit odd to open with, but interesting none the less.

Iafeta_old

Robster, I thought it was a great effort - well done. Very enjoyable. Very touching story with his younger brother, and highly interesting to see him and Stace sharing a drink with Ando.

sebastian_old

how'd ya contact murpy?? sounds like he still has the warriors in his heart.
I'd like him back. good work buddy.

aussie_warrior_old

Nice work. I've always liked him, he looks exactly like one of my mates who was also a winger / fullback for the Bronco's feeder team. I'm pretty sure they played together, or at least against. You wouldn't know who was who though.

Robster_old

I was given the email address via a friend of Justin's.

If you guys have serous/good questions I will get them answered for you next time round.

IanR_old

Robster said:
Robster - Do you go to Rugby League websites, if so which ones?

Murph -i look at rleague.com, LU and the nrl site its the only way for me to watch the games from over here. stace an i are always watching the warriors games.

Its funny until there really is the possibility they might be reading.

On a related note, on his estimate, how many players read and/or contribute to internet forums?

I think Luke Covell does.

LeagueNut_old

*Note - I've removed some posts from this thread.*

Top effort Rob ... keep 'em coming!

guten targ_old

Nice little read Rob...and great to see you still have a passion for a fine player and I still have some fond memories of smurf from the old days especially that length of the field effort after a misdirected cloud skimmer from Knoddy in 03 and his try savers during 02 where he didn't score many but saved plenty

Jesbass_old

Iafeta said:
Robster, I thought it was a great effort - well done. Very enjoyable. Very touching story with his younger brother, and highly interesting to see him and Stace sharing a drink with Ando.

I'm with Feka. Top job, Rob...lol, unintended rhyme... :D

Skinny_Ravs82

We have alot of the 'guest' visitors on the forum. And oh yeah Rob nice work mate! Enjoyed reading that.

warriors4life_old

Good stuff Robster, never really noticed Justin Murphy, he kind of just hung around but was an important component in the team nonetheless.

Tajhay_old

i still remember his try at shark park ...he was a late inclusion in the team as well.

well done :sperm:. was an interesting read. woulda liked more hard hitting questions like

'do you mind me stalking you for the past 5 years, hell noone else will' :)

nevertheless its still good to see interest in not so big names of the game. well done on your support of the lesser lights. he had some good moments in the warriors jersey and some.... nah i wont wreck the moment :)