General Mt Smart Stadium

• Thread starter 2big2strong_old
  • Start date

2big2strong_old

sorry if im a bit late, but i just heard the new name for erricson. does anyone know when it kicked in.

and why did they pick such a boring name for. poos and wees stadium sounds better than mt smart.

AliN_old

where did yhou here this 2black2strong
They have gone back to the original name since Ericsson pulled out on sponsorship if that's the case.

2big2strong_old

Sorry to bring this thread back, i only just read your reply Alin.

They've been advertising Warriors 'home' games at 'Mt Smart Stadium' over here (oz) for the last 3 weeks. are they actually using it at the game?

I'd never heard the term 'mt smart stadium' until i got a team listing for the bulldogs game. two weeks before it was still Erricson and the Wests-tigers game is being advertised once again at 'Mt Smart Stadium'

No more erricson stadium

da mad maori

We should vote on a name, get woopity-woop to make up a couple of banners, and we tie it to the gates aye.

Bulldog_old

Thats the original name of the stadium...so I guess they've reverted back to it until the next big sponsor comes along.

Ronnie_7_old

Well I never. Blow me down and call me Agatha. What an absolute hideous name if thats what it use to be. That sucks if it has been changed back.

IanR_old

AliN said:
Many a good concert was held at Mt Smart :)

Many a good concert will be....

Mount Smart is Stadium still a lot better than Credit Union Australia Stadium Penrith.

MarkW_old

The stadium website still brands it as Ericsson.
I think people tend to refer to it's original name on occassion though. Not sure why, It's been Ericsson for ages.
Mind you, I call Sydney City 'Easts' every now and then too.. some names stick for those who remember ;)

IanR_old

MarkW said:
Mind you, I call Sydney City 'Easts' every now and then too.. some names stick for those who remember ;)

You got that right, considering they now call themselves Sydney, hold the City.

Bulldog_old

as a matter of interest, as the name suggests, Mt Smart is actually an old volcanic cone (one of many that litter the Auckland isthmus) and I think they mined most of it away though...it was named after an old uncle of mine, Maxwell.

Sinbad_old

How about NZWarriors.com stadium, has a nice ring to it !
Would go well with Ozbahs Jerseys !!

Jesbass_old

Bulldog said:
as a matter of interest, as the name suggests, Mt Smart is actually an old volcanic cone (one of many that litter the Auckland isthmus) and I think they mined most of it away though...it was named after an old uncle of mine, Maxwell.

Lol! :lol:

AmeriKiwi_old

Bulldog said:

You really ought to 86 that joke, Bulldog!! :lol:

Jesbass_old

AmeriKiwi said:
Bulldog said:

You really ought to 86 that joke, Bulldog!! :lol:

I agree with 99 there. 86ing a joke is the oldest trick in the book.

Loyal Webby Fan_old

Just saw this thread as I was/am waiting on my change over to come in so I can go home.

Yes it was Mt Smart from early as I can remember it being an athletic stadium or concert venue.. It was used for the Commonwealth games in 1990.

And I am amoung lots who didn't know about Ericsson pulling out. I amoungst many others will refer it as Ericsson though.
Maybe the Mad Butcher will take over.

Bulldog_old

...the Mad Butcher Stadium? yeah, its got a nice sound to it...he'll have to sell a few more sausages though to pay for naming rights. :D