NRL NRL Round 7, 2024 Discussion

If someone has posted this already then forgive me but I noticed that kiwi rugby league ref who refs our big games at home running the touchline this weekend. Are we potentially looking at a home grown ref in the NRL ?

Edit : Perenara was never up to it and doesn't count 😁

If someone has posted this already then forgive me but I noticed that kiwi rugby league ref who refs our big games at home running the touchline this weekend. Are we potentially looking at a home grown ref in the NRL ?

Edit : Perenara was never up to it and doesn't count 😁
Perenara (Glenora bears) seemed to hate the warriors with a passion, (probably deserved it tbh) started ruling them neutrally for a few games and he's medically retired?
Not saying conspiracy, just trying to word it that way 😋
But seriously glad he put his health first.

Perenara (Glenora bears) seemed to hate the warriors with a passion, (probably deserved it tbh) started ruling them neutrally for a few games and he's medically retired?
Not saying conspiracy, just trying to word it that way 😋
But seriously glad he put his health first.
Not sure where all this started where everyone thought Perenara was against us. We had a good win percentage with him in charge. Compare him to Ashley Klein.

Not sure where all this started where everyone thought Perenara was against us. We had a good win percentage with him in charge. Compare him to Ashley Klein.
Will never forget RTS as captain being told to stand up straight when addressing him. Hadn’t really heard that too much before or since

Yeah can't quite put on finger on exactly what it was with him, something along the lines of you's are representing this country and you're a shambles, now stand up straight.

Cheers for the link, just spent a bit of time there, 5/6 losses under Ansley did let us beat Warrington wolves though.

Screenshot_2024-04-22-12-36-39-80_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

Knights season is over.....

Can't recall a season with this many injuries across the board this early on. Finals might be decided on Cup squads at this rate.
Hard out. I wonder if it is due to the NRL making so many efforts to quicken the game up. Players are frenetic from go to woe. There are a lot of soft tissue injuries.

I remember some bad seasons in the past, but they were when major injuries were happening. There was of season of ACLs every second week. I do think that some of the new rules around player safety have helped stop some of the season-ending stuff.

Hard out. I wonder if it is due to the NRL making so many efforts to quicken the game up. Players are frenetic from go to woe. There are a lot of soft tissue injuries.

I remember some bad seasons in the past, but they were when major injuries were happening. There was of season of ACLs every second week. I do think that some of the new rules around player safety have helped stop some of the season-ending stuff.
So many interchanges.

Yeah it's strange eh, NRL pushing player safety and welfare more than ever. Guess the game has changed a lot and the tactics to keep the ball in play, compounded with the six-agains mean less stoppages and short rest times for players? I dunno. Teams looking like they've already played 16 rounds.

Back