General Movie Thread

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Bit I don’t get is how it was the cinematographer and Director that got shot and not an actor or extra

DP and director were huddled behind the camera setting up the next shot.

Baldwin was practicing his quick draw outside. First time was fine, second time it went off.

If the reports are accurate it sounds like negligence caused the gun to go off and it was just random horrible luck in regards to the aim.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Think Baldwin, and some others might be in a fair bit of shit here.
Baldwin has a rep of being an unbearable arsehole but have seen bits of him being completely distraught over this, don’t think he could really take any responsibility but wouldn’t stop you feeling that way

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Baldwin has a rep of being an unbearable arsehole but have seen bits of him being completely distraught over this, don’t think he could really take any responsibility but wouldn’t stop you feeling that way
He will be in the shit, not as the actor that happened to fire the shot but as the films producer.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
He will be in the shit, not as the actor that happened to fire the shot but as the films producer.
As an actor he would of had some leeway that the gun should of been inspected before it was passed to him. Although ultimately it was in his hands and his responsibility, but as the talent he could argue he was just an actor and does not have any knowledge of guns. As the talent the main question would be why did you fire, cause apparently they had the shot and he wasn't supposed to.

As a producer it looks like he could be in a bit of trouble. I haven't looked into this incident too much but was watching a report this morning that they have had safety issues on set. The crew weren't staying local but travelling to the set, the distance I saw wasn't great but when you are working long hours or shooting all night its not ideal. They also replaced the union staff the day of the incident.

Reactions: Worried2Death

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
As an actor he would of had some leeway that the gun should of been inspected before it was passed to him. Although ultimately it was in his hands and his responsibility, but as the talent he could argue he was just an actor and does not have any knowledge of guns. As the talent the main question would be why did you fire, cause apparently they had the shot and he wasn't supposed to.

As a producer it looks like he could be in a bit of trouble. I haven't looked into this incident too much but was watching a report this morning that they have had safety issues on set. The crew weren't staying local but travelling to the set, the distance I saw wasn't great but when you are working long hours or shooting all night its not ideal. They also replaced the union staff the day of the incident.
Bingo

Lenrat

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2012
Anybody remember what happened to Vic Morrow on the Twilight Zone film? That was an absolute cluster fuck & a half.

Last edited:
Reactions: snake77

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
The death of Brandon Lee was absolutely tragic. He was in the running to play Neo in The Matrix apparently.

Michael Massee had an understandably hard time after Brandon’s death.

Never knew that about the matrix. Could see him in that role. Absolute tragedy.

Reactions: BeastMode

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
The more that comes out about this the worse it gets. Previous safety issues and I believe it was only meant to be a 21 day shoot. Baldwin yelling cold round or whatever he's supposed to yell when it isn't a live round, wasn't supposed to be shooting the gun at the time either.

I've seen reports the victims family being forgiving of Baldwin. Their concerns are more with the safety crew. Baldwin Its a lot to take having shot the fatal round. But as a producer he's responsible for the overall production.

Giving actors producing credits probably has been used over the years to give them a bit more responsibility but also more money and to keep them happy. I wouldn't be surprised after this there is a lot less of that on the smaller productions.

Reactions: Lenrat

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Anybody remember what happened to Vic Morrow on the Twilight Zone film? That was an absolute cluster fuck & a half.

I was a show last week where this was mentioned. It came up on the Movies That Made Us episode for Coming to America. The director for that movie was one of the guys done for involuntary manslaughter for the Twilight Zone incident.

The episode doesn't show much of the incident just clips from the trial and some of his friends mentioning how they should of supported him more or how it strained their relationship.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
They had a guy on the radio this morning saying they are more likely to go after Baldwin as an actor instead of as a producer.

Found that a bit strange as the talent you would be given safety instructions on the weapon and some training but the training is usually to look like you know how to use it. Items like how to hold it, clear a room etc or how to use swords etc for other roles.

There has already been enough reports on safety issues which would be on the safety staff then lead back to the people in charge.

His argument holds some weight as he investigated the Vic Morrow incident and said they could get or had issues with the production company. It is still a different incident and 20+ years later.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
Maybe it's a good thing for Alec, Trump isn't still President. The orange freak wanted SNL taken off the air when they were making fun of him. For sure he'd send the DOJ after him.

Reactions: Sup42