General Movie Thread

Hardyman's Yugo

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 2, 2017
Lancashire, England
I've started to enjoy old war movies. Came across some reviews for Das Boot recently and decided to take some time out to watch it.

Interesting to see a WW2 movie from the German point of view. The only one I can remember doing that is a Marlon Brando one which had two soldiers meeting before the war or who had been with the same woman and followed the 3 of them through the war.

I haven’t seen the film, but I did see the original 1980’s TV series which I assume the film was edited down from. Class series and miles better than the recent update which was OK but a bit plodding.

Reactions: snake77 and bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I haven’t seen the film, but I did see the original 1980’s TV series which I assume the film was edited down from. Class series and miles better than the recent update which was OK but a bit plodding.
You have to watch the movie bro, stand to attention and sing" land of hope and glory" at the end...spoiler alert ;) :D

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
When I first got put onto the Das Boot the recommendation was to watch the mini series. The only places I could source it had the movie.

Hopefully one day I'll get to see it.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings