General Movie Thread

Coops

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 16, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I’ve just got Ressurection to go but also did the predator movies to synch into the AvP movies
so preditor v alien before Promethius? I found it hard to make sense of the timeline so I'm watching it as a stand alone. How good is Ridley Scott, fuggin master!
so:

• Predator (1987)
  • Predator 2 (1990)
  • Alien Vs. Predator (2004)
  • Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
  • Predators (2010)
  • The Predator (2018)
  • Alien (1979)
  • Aliens (1986)
  • Alien 3 (1992)
  • Alien: Resurrection (1997)
And have to ignore Promethius and Covenant...

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Did predator, predator 2, the predator, predators, AvP 1-2, Prometheus, covenant, alien, aliens, Alien 3, resurrection.
The AVP ones are a bit of an outlier as Prometheus is set in the future and AvP set in modern day with already evolved xenomorphs

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
bruce bruce who was the original Equaliser (from the tv series)?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Reactions: matiunz

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I've just watched the Alien franchise in correct chronological order. New appreciation for Promehtius and Covenant explaining how the zenimorphs genetically mutated over time. Alien & Aliens still absolutely kill it. Order if interested: Promethius, Covenant, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection and throw Alien vs Preditor in at the end for good measure.

Looks like you did what some people recommend with the Star Wars movies: Watch all 9 films in this order: 4(I am not calling a New Hope to paraphrase Honest Trailers),5,1,2,3(the ridiculous, overacted, disappointing mess known as "The Good One" to again paraphrase HT),6,7,8,9.

Only a matter of time before the next action hero your kids/grandkids will be lining up to see will be: Old, female, lesbian, physically and/or intellectually disabled, probably somewhere on the autism spectrum, gluten intolerent, non-white (or if white, the kind of hero who will berate themselves for creating the racist system that caused the black villian to murder thousands of innocent people) and therefore will make white villians feel a lot more pain but will share the victim-pain of villians who belong to the same race as the hero, vertically challanged, beaten down by a society that bodyshames people with a fat content of over 20%, dyslexic as well as all the other dys- issues, blind, deaf and dumb.

Do you feel fortunate even though you are a poor down-trodden them/they in an evil white, heterosexual, able-bodied, able-minded, cisgender, fat-shaming, victim-blaming blond haired, blue eyed, society? Well, do you, sir, ma'am, um, how would you like me to refer to you? "Dirtied By Society Harriette 2023"

Last edited:

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Tough white women?? This was a real cracker...Daniel Craig was only the supporting actor
Thought Noomi Rapace did a great job in the originals- don’t have a problem with a lead being female I just tire of the trend of gender or race swapping and passing it off as new, would rather an original piece vs a cheap remake for tokenism sake/ ‘controversy buzz’

Coops

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 16, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Looks like you did what some people recommend with the Star Wars movies: Watch all 9 films in this order: 4(I am not calling a New Hope to paraphrase Honest Trailers),5,1,2,3(the ridiculous, overacted, disappointing mess known as "The Good One" to again paraphrase HT),6,7,8,9.

Only a matter of time before the next action hero your kids/grandkids will be lining up to see will be: Old, female, lesbian, physically and/or intellectually disabled, probably somewhere on the autism spectrum, gluten intolerent, non-white (or if white, the kind of hero who will berate themselves for creating the racist system that caused the black villian to murder thousands of innocent people) and therefore will make white villians feel a lot more pain but will share the victim-pain of villians who belong to the same race as the hero, vertically challanged, beaten down by a society that bodyshames people with a fat content of over 20%, dyslexic as well as all the other dys- issues, blind, deaf and dumb.

Do you feel fortunate even though you are a poor down-trodden them/they in an evil white, heterosexual, able-bodied, able-minded, cisgender, fat-shaming, victim-blaming blond haired, blue eyed, society? Well, do you, sir, ma'am, um, how would you like me to refer to you? "Dirtied By Society Harriette 2023"
haha holy shit. get writing the pilot please bahaha

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Thought Noomi Rapace did a great job in the originals- don’t have a problem with a lead being female I just tire of the trend of gender or race swapping and passing it off as new, would rather an original piece vs a cheap remake for tokenism sake/ ‘controversy buzz’
Of course it was all bullshit...an anorexic runt taking on the bad guys on a motorcycle...but heyzeuss spare me I enjoyed it!!!...dunno why. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: matiunz

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Level 4 binge watching Youtube , Russians do good WW2 movies and series. Here are three which are English subtitled
'Come and See' I found this quite disturbing, Director was a Partisan so knows the shit that went down. Apparently they had to tone it down.

'The Dawns here are quiet', 4 part mini series

'The Star' I think this is a bloody good movie, search under star lebedev. No real bllod and guts but a good action movie with a good plot.

• Love
Reactions: bruce

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I've started to enjoy old war movies. Came across some reviews for Das Boot recently and decided to take some time out to watch it.

Interesting to see a WW2 movie from the German point of view. The only one I can remember doing that is a Marlon Brando one which had two soldiers meeting before the war or who had been with the same woman and followed the 3 of them through the war.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Interesting to see a WW2 movie from the German point of view.
That is why I love the ending. 😍

They went through all that danger and hell, showing immense courage, and got snotted in the end by the RAF:D

Must watch it again.

Reactions: snake77

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings