Player Motu Tony

I see he is now CEO of NZ baseball ... ironic that NZRL CEO is about to resign / be sacked. Maybe somebody like Motu would have been the ideal candidate? He has a passion for the game, has played at the highest level ( NRL/ Internationals - not SOO) and was successful At Hull FC .

Reactions: Baxendale and Sup42

Baxendale

U20's Player
Feb 1, 2018
I see he is now CEO of NZ baseball ... ironic that NZRL CEO is about to re-sign / be sacked. Maybe somebody like Motu would have been the ideal candidate? He has a passion for the game, has played at the highest level ( NRL/ Internationals - not SOO) and was successful At Hull FC .

Motu did a really good job here as General/Football Manager. He played a big part in getting the club back to a decent standing in the UK

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I see he is now CEO of NZ baseball ... ironic that NZRL CEO is about to re-sign / be sacked. Maybe somebody like Motu would have been the ideal candidate? He has a passion for the game, has played at the highest level ( NRL/ Internationals - not SOO) and was successful At Hull FC .
I missed something. I thought he was working for the Warriors.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
I forgot, that was in Doyle's time wasn't it.:rolleyes:
No, it was rumoured by The Mole in November of last year that Tony was to be signed by the Warriors to take over recruitment from Iro. Instead, recruitment hasn’t been filled and is currently being looked after by Smith. Doyle was replaced by George before any of this happened.

But let’s not get the facts get in the way of your dislike of Doyle.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
No, it was rumoured by The Mole in November of last year that Tony was to be signed by the Warriors to take over recruitment from Iro. Instead, recruitment hasn’t been filled and is currently being looked after by Smith. Doyle was replaced by George before any of this happened.
My bad, somehow I thought the Mole got something right:rolleyes:...so Smith is in charge of recruiting as well? He isn't going to have much spare time.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
My bad, somehow I thought the Mole got something right:rolleyes:...so Smith is in charge of recruiting as well? He isn't going to have much spare time.
Understand Smith being busy but not having much spare time as there is a lot to do at the club. He's probably used to it being a former NRL coach. He would have been one of those first to arrive and leave at weird hours, otherwise working from home.

Good to see Motu Tony doing well in terms of a post football career. Also a different path to the usual work in the media, or coaching. Some of those are jobs for the boys, moving to the business side and doing well. Good to see.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
  • Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

Last Game

19 Jun

06 - 10
4.4 Total Avg Rating
5.4 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player