General Motorsport

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Motorsport Thread

kvyat-conclusions-qualifying_3443324.jpg

Have to say that Scott Dixon is one very lucky young man.

indycar-indy-500-auto-racing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
Big news for the Toyota Racing Series. It's become a bona fide Formula 3 championship. The new chassis for 2020 is the same model they use in Asia F3, W Series and other regional European F3 championships.

Brendan Hartley (NZL), Daniil Kyvat, Lance Stroll and Lando Norris have all come through TRS and raced in Formula 1. Mitch Evans (NZL) is another TRS graduate and is now a Formula E driver and race winner for Jaguar and Nick Cassidy (NZL) a Super Formula championship contender in Japan.
2005-2014 Toyota Racing Series Tatuus FT-40 (2).jpg 2014-2019 Toyota Racing Series Tatuus FT-50 (2).png 2020 Toyota Racing Series Tatuus FT-60 (3).jpg

Reactions: mt.wellington

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
Kiwi Ferns lost
Kiwis lost
All Blacks lost
Silver Ferns lost
Nick Cassidy Wins The 2019 Super Formula (Japanese) Championship

Nick Cassidy (37) Super Formula 2019.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizzah

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Sky Waka Sky Waka are Simon and Mitch related to the former nz land speed record holder Owen Evans?

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Scott Mclaughlin now has his own limited edition Mustang. The SM17.

View attachment 43407

View attachment 43408
A limited number of these will be available in NZ. Price is expected to be around $150k but don’t go to your local Ford dealer to buy them as they aren’t an official Ford NZ car and will only be available through a Ford dealership in Christchurch who is getting them directly from the tuning company that is producing them.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
A limited number of these will be available in NZ. Price is expected to be around $150k but don’t go to your local Ford dealer to buy them as they aren’t an official Ford NZ car and will only be available through a Ford dealership in Christchurch who is getting them directly from the tuning company that is producing them.

Would be an appreciating asset with a low build number

Reactions: Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Would be an appreciating asset with a low build number
Considering that there's only one of the fifty Mustang Mach 1's that hasn't been sold, I'd say these will sell pretty quickly too.

Wonder what I could get for an '04 Escape as a trade. Given the SM17 are supposed to be around $150K, I think I'd need about $148K for the trade in value.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Considering that there's only one of the fifty Mustang Mach 1's that hasn't been sold, I'd say these will sell pretty quickly too.

Wonder what I could get for an '04 Escape as a trade. Given the SM17 are supposed to be around $150K, I think I'd need about $148K for the trade in value.

Yeah, nice to see the Mach Attack back.

Had a '70 Mach 1 years ago while working in Canada. Ran the D block 351C but wasn't really suitable for a daily driver. Factory heads had ports like drainpipes and from memory was running around 10.5:1, so pretty cranky at low revs. Ran low 14s for the quarter though. Wish I still had it, would be worth a bit now lol.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings