Social TV

The X-Men animated series (from the 90s) is back on Disney+ with a new season 😍
It does well to engage new fans with nods to the tone of the original while still understanding that the bulk of its audience is the adult nostalgia crowd.

It does well to engage new fans with nods to the tone of the original while still understanding that the bulk of its audience is the adult nostalgia crowd.
I watched the first episode (they are being released weekly, which I don't like very much), it has the same feel as the old series - I think they have the same voice characters which great!
Cyclops is still annoying and a massive wet blanket.

I watched the first episode (they are being released weekly, which I don't like very much), it has the same feel as the old series - I think they have the same voice characters which great!
Surprisingly enough I think there’s only 4 returning voice actors in Wolverine,Storm,Beast and Rogue the rest have been recast. A few have gotten different roles in the series for eg Gambits VA I think is now playing Cable and Jubilee’s VA is playing another character as they recast Jubilee to be an Asian VA.
The Cyclops VA does a great job at channeling the previous one who died however ironically out of the Originals I only found Storms one to be the most unchanged, it’s funny how the voice acting changes after time and returning to a character 25 odd years later can seem quite different. It’s the same if you watch a recent episode of long running animated series such as the simpsons and family guy then watch an earlier episode and the voices changed dramatically over time.

Surprisingly enough I think there’s only 4 returning voice actors in Wolverine,Storm,Beast and Rogue the rest have been recast. A few have gotten different roles in the series for eg Gambits VA I think is now playing Cable and Jubilee’s VA is playing another character as they recast Jubilee to be an Asian VA.
The Cyclops VA does a great job at channeling the previous one who died however ironically out of the Originals I only found Storms one to be the most unchanged, it’s funny how the voice acting changes after time and returning to a character 25 odd years later can seem quite different. It’s the same if you watch a recent episode of long running animated series such as the simpsons and family guy then watch an earlier episode and the voices changed dramatically over time.
I didn't pick those up at all! You've done your homework!
I think I will watch the old X-Men seasons before picking up the new series again, I was completely out of the loop with the story continuation with the new ep.

I used to really dislike Cyclops as a kid because of the way he was generally portrayed as the boy-scout/wet blanket - but over the years of reading the comics and learning more about his character, he has actually become my favourite X-man (besides from Nightcrawler) due to his complexity and typical 'unlikability' per se. Hopefully the new show explores his character some more and we get to see another side to him.

Back