General MOM vs LOL@44ouff$/Post Match analysis

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Haha good work Fazz. Beat me to it. We're not organised enough yet to have a MoM table going, but it's interesting to see the 3,2,1 from ppl anyway.

3 - Ben "I'm the best prop in the comp" Matulino
2 - Jabroni - some great passes from a 'running' half
1 - Benry - Effort ++, every time Inglis got the ball he popped up and didn't take any shit. Nice try assist and flop.

Still think we're a long way off. In that second half I just wanted to see some solid defence, there were signs - effort on the whole was certainly improved. Though I have no faith in our defensive structure or mindset, certainly we're not ready to grind out a low scoring 80 minute performance.

Reactions: Fazz

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Mar 30, 2012
3. Matulino
2. Maloney
1. Henry (for his "arrival" in first grade)

-3. Manu Vatuvei (useless, useless, useless)
-2. n/a
-1. Mateo (tried too hard)

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, those 3 for me too, in whatever order. Plus Mannering..

Great game from Henry.. I bet Inglis didn't expect he was gonna be almost single handedly stopped by some guy who's name he didn't even know..

Tyrael

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Matulino, SJ, Maloney and Henry were good today.

Think Inu will get a turn in our next game?

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Henry was great today - kudos to him. He man handled Inglis amazingly.

This was the first game I've gotten to this year and I feel very optimistic about the future. We're still a fair way off from playing our best footy - but you can clearly see the game plans. Johnson was shouting at everyone to get into position - he even pushed Matulino to the side once. Great communication with the outside backs, players running lines all over the place - things I never saw when Cleary was the coach.

2Big2Strong

Heritage Member
Apr 10, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Good work. Very pleased for Benry. His face still annoys me but he was just about the best player on the field today as far as effort went.

I could almost guarantee though that if Locke and Ropati are fit next week, we will see a completely re-shuffled line-up, Inu will be out and Ropati back to center. Will wait and see though.

JonB

Waterboy
Apr 15, 2012
cough.....

Can i have your attention please....
Can i have your attention please......

JonB is in it. i say JonB is in the house.

bet ya'all feel relieved now.

Great game and great ot be here.

3 Johnson
2 mannering
1 Matilino.

Reactions: fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2012
christchurch
cough.....

Can i have your attention please....
Can i have your attention please......

JonB is in it. i say JonB is in the house.

bet ya'all feel relieved now.

Great game and great ot be here.

3 Johnson
2 mannering
1 Matilino.
I'd say some sort of welcoming speech, but then I saw the like button

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
I don't remember saying that. Anyway, next game is 25th? So it'll be touch and go. Hopefully Bluey sees him as such a prize asset he rests him...

On the plus side, nobody will be calling for Benry's head inside the next week and a bit.

2Big2Strong

Heritage Member
Apr 10, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Not you. Doctor Mayhew. I just felt like calling him a faggot.

And yeah, I forgot our next game was on a Wednesday so only what, 10 days or so? That'll be pretty interesting, watching the Warriors mid-week. Benry is safe as, I just hope that they get rid of Ta'ai now. I'd love to see Hurrell get another run.

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
He's a diiiick. I emailed him when I was a med student (2006 I think it was) and asked if I could do an elective placement with him - he said he was too busy! The nerve of the guy.

a.c.e

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Just on Inu, it looked like the guy was given the licence to pass. He looked like that Warriors side through the first three rounds who were all under instruction to be chuck happy. Feel he did ok, or that having him in the side had me feeling ok and that something positive would happen as it often does with Inu. Thank goodness there was structure in this game and a bit of set plays. thats what pissed me off in the previous rounds, the boys just had no direction, no structure and no scheme, against the Rabbits they did. Forwards had the middle ground most of the game.

Handling overall improved. Most of the time I was thinking someone was going to surly drop it because it was long over due.

Friend is looking more and more Warriors like from dummy . . . . or hes getting over the injury and playing more carefree.

Big Ben really lead the way, Price and Wiki would be flapping hard out watching this guy in action in that Rabbits game.

The defence still needs some work but its an improvement from the softness the boys put up in previous rounds.

Manly lost hahahaha.

Conspiracy theory alert: Mateo was nowhere, was he saving himself for CvC?

SJ showing us what great helves do late in the game and thats running around big gassed forwards and making something happening. That tells me the dude is still thinking late in the game and the team responded in going with him, try was the result.

The boys were in good shape in that later stages of the game, Ive seen this Rabbits side storm back and win games. The boys had done the damage throughout the game and the Rabbits had little left in the tanks to do anything.

All good signs, still a bit aways from where we really should be and at the start of the season most would pen in a win against the Rabbits.

Its a start.

Danpatmac

I know this is really picky, and I will get lambasted for it from someone... but...

after watching several interviews and post match conferences, i'm sick and tired of McClennan referring to players by nicknames. Benny Mats, Juju, Rusty...

In my opinion it just sounds very unprofessional.

Reactions: AttilaTheGorilla

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

07 Aug

26 - 22
6.5 Total Avg Rating
6.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings