Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Sam Lisone shuts down Leeds Rhinos exit amid New Zealand Warriors reports

I don't know about this. But, if Bunty isn't bending the line then we know Sam Lisone could.

You mean we know Sam Lisone wouldn't?

Lisone as a 25-30 squad member for 20 minutes off the bench wouldn't be terrible, but I would rather not. He's always been too small for the front row, and not skillfull enough for lock.

The trouble with our backs is they are not fast and our FB is not fast. Would love a Jake Averillo but Dolphins got him from Bulldogs, I would of rather had him than RTS!

List of props off contract at the end of 23 from ZT, maybe Webby has ties to Eddie Blacker? Grieg could be decent. Could also throw a year contract to one of the veteran props while our juniors get up to speed? Always liked Moeroa back in his Eels days, doesn't really get the minutes at the Storm. I guess you need someone in that sweet spot between Bunty & AFB.
ZeroTackle_Props .png

List of props off contract at the end of 23 from ZT, maybe Webby has ties to Eddie Blacker? Grieg could be decent. Could also throw a year contract to one of the veteran props while our juniors get up to speed? Always liked Moeroa back in his Eels days, doesn't really get the minutes at the Storm. I guess you need someone in that sweet spot between Bunty & AFB.
View attachment 575
If we took Matt Lodge, would we still be paying of his contract as well?

The trouble with our backs is they are not fast and our FB is not fast. Would love a Jake Averillo but Dolphins got him from Bulldogs, I would of rather had him than RTS!
I cannot remember which game it was on the weekend,may have been at Newcastle, and somebody made a line break. I think it was a Knight. Half the Raiders team caught up with him. I think I have that right, now who won? Speed is handy for sure, but not on its own.