General Misi Taulapapa Signs For Sharks

Jesbass_old

From smh.com.au:

Meanwhile, the Sharks have signed another former Warrior, Misi Taulapapa, who was sacked by the club last month following a series of alcohol-related offences.

Taulapapa, a former Super 14 winger, is currently playing for the Central Comets in the Queensland Cup.

Jesbass_old

Good on him. I hope he earned a few extra dollars for supposedly being a former Super 14 winger, lol! :lol:

JonB_old

He never played a super 12 game did he? I know he has a rugby background of some sort and changed to league in his twenties or somthing like that............

Jesbass_old

JonB said:
He never played a super 12 game did he? I know he has a rugby background of some sort and changed to league in his twenties or somthing like that............

Exactly my point. ;)

He was never a Super12/14 player - it's poor journalism/research. So I hope he got some extra money for it, lol. Maybe he altered his C.V.? :lol:

warriors4life_old

Good for him, but I hope he's got over his alcohol problems, he doesn't want to be another Latu and Cronulla definitely won't want that publicity again.

sebastian_old

Gee the Sharks are getting a lot of new players next year, Hannay, taulapapa, villa, Fraser Anderson, Leon Bott. Why do they need so many wingers & centres, there only losing Nigel Vagana? Has Luke covell resigned yet, maybe we're still after him?

playdaball_old

JonB said:
Sounds abit like the old TVNZ director from Canada, he had a great CV.

Maori TV actually. Misi only played for Waitemata in Auckland club rugby as well as a club season in Ireland.

Skinny_Ravs82

sebastian said:
Gee the Sharks are getting a lot of new players next year, Hannay, taulapapa, villa, Fraser Anderson, Leon Bott. Why do they need so many wingers & centres, there only losing Nigel Vagana? Has Luke covell resigned yet, maybe we're still after him?

Covell resigned a while back. It's interesting they've gone digging at centers and wingers; I thought Darren Albert was pretty good, what's going on? I think I heard he's being dropped but I don't see why he's good

warriors4life_old

sebastian said:

Luke Covell re-signed with the Sharks for 2 years about a month ago. I think the Sharks are stupid going after all these centres and wingers, they need more balance in their forward pack.

sebastian_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
sebastian said:

Covell resigned a while back. It's interesting they've gone digging at centers and wingers; I thought Darren Albert was pretty good, what's going on? I think I heard he's being dropped but I don't see why he's good

Maybe they see Albert as a defensive weakness, i thought he was pretty good as well, i'd be happy for him to come to the warriors if hes released.

warriors4life_old

sebastian said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
sebastian said:

Maybe they see Albert as a defensive weakness, i thought he was pretty good as well, i'd be happy for him to come to the warriors if hes released.

He's regarded as one of the fastest wingers in the game, but maybe he's getting on a bit and just can't cut it in the NRL anymore.

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

good stuff for his career i see he has been scoring a try every game in the Queensland Cup. Pity we couldnt keep him. It looks like Cooper Vuna is leaving to play in England.

sebastian_old

ONETRIBECHIEF said:
good stuff for his career i see he has been scoring a try every game in the Queensland Cup. Pity we couldnt keep him. It looks like Cooper Vuna is leaving to play in England.

Is there a source that says were losing Vuna?

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

Is there a source that says were losing Vuna?[/quote]

Yes my friend knows Cooper Vuna and the warriors have not offered him a contact for next year.

I hope I am wrong as I believe he is going to be a very good player in the near future.