Post Match 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The ball hitting him in the chest was the real head scratcher one for me
That was a real head scratcher since when he was alerted that the Warriors were going to challenge, he straight away said the ball hit him and to call it back to replay the 5th tackle if they saw fit. Really not sure what conclusion to draw from that other than it was intentionally not called.

Just to double check what I heard from a mate. If you get caught smuggling in drinks do they kick you out or just confiscate your drinks?
Not sure these days I wouldn't risk it haha.
But years back it was no trouble, I assume you would be kicked out.

Reactions: j_p
Listening to both press conferences.

Webster is always good to listen to win or loss. Win and he's obviously relaxed and happy and jokes a bit. Lose and he is realistic about what happened on the field. Win or loss he analysing the game well which is refreshing to a lot of the other coaches that just blame refs, or say we need to kick better or complete our sets.

Adam O'Brien was good for someone whose season is over. Realistic on how things went. Said after how they played the last 10 weeks they didn't deserve to go out like that but how they played last night they deserved to go out like that.

The Knights gave us a good game in round 1 and got over us a month or so later. They have been good to watch the last 10 weeks. Like the Warriors I hope they back it up next year it will be great having some different clubs making the 8.

They have had a tough 5-10 years like us. Good seeing them turn things around.

Listening to both press conferences.

Webster is always good to listen to win or loss. Win and he's obviously relaxed and happy and jokes a bit. Lose and he is realistic about what happened on the field. Win or loss he analysing the game well which is refreshing to a lot of the other coaches that just blame refs, or say we need to kick better or complete our sets.

Adam O'Brien was good for someone whose season is over. Realistic on how things went. Said after how they played the last 10 weeks they didn't deserve to go out like that but how they played last night they deserved to go out like that.

The Knights gave us a good game in round 1 and got over us a month or so later. They have been good to watch the last 10 weeks. Like the Warriors I hope they back it up next year it will be great having some different clubs making the 8.

They have had a tough 5-10 years like us. Good seeing them turn things around.
To be honest I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Knights and the parallels with us are very clear. A great season from them, and like us unexpected.

Has TMM boosted that edge? Certainly in defence and organisation. The Montoya try we haven't seen for a number of months. Good quick hands to get him in to space.
I think thats the 3rd game together and they have just started to gel on defence. Montoyas confidence has been shot the last 6 weeks i reckon and on that game i hope he has turned the corner. big confidence player.

TMM and a few others, not at their best, BUT 40-10 win… fuck me

What a performance. Their 2nd get a blatant forward pass too.

Not been so dominant defensively in 2 months.

Good luck Reece, Barney and the boys will destroy you next week 💪🏼

TMM has been better in each game he has played, and is probably about where you'd expect after his layoff. I think he'll be ready to deliver now. In any regard, having two strong defenders in the halfs is invaluable.

Last edited:
Are we worried about Marata getting possibly charged for his high tackle. Didn’t look great on second viewing even if Marzew got back on his feet straight away. I just know the judiciary will try and fuck us before the Brisbane game especially with Maratas record. He could easily cop a one game suspension, possibly 3 with loading.
The judiciary is a different beast in finals time (and leading to a NZvAus test match)

Back