Spence_old

He has a tramp stamp on his lower back. I don't know exactly what it is of, a pattern of some kind if I remember correctly.

kingkole_old

michael luck as capt maybe, mannering would of been a better choice or even sam rapira.

Jesbass_old

A winning percentage, especially on the back of such a poor season, is a flawed approach to Luck's captaincy. He is one of the few who get stuck into the boys when they need a rocket fired up their backsides. The others who are most prominent are Price, Tate, and (believe it or not) Packer.

Mannering and Rapira are probably a bit too young to command the respect of the entire squad, although Mannering is earmarked for leadership duties as he's part of the leadership team. (Or at least he was when he was with the Kiwis in the RLWC last year.)

Warriors2009_old

well hell if we had a good 7 or a 6 hell i would have said witt or fein ohhhhh but where are thay. so luck & mannering & just one more 2 add what about Mckinnon.love 2 see that bloke with a bit of power..

Jesbass_old

well hell if we had a good 7 or a 6 hell i would have said witt or fein ohhhhh but where are thay. so luck & mannering & just one more 2 add what about Mckinnon.love 2 see that bloke with a bit of power..

You're suggesting Witt should have been captain? How would he have led from the third row of the stand?

KeepingTheFaith_old

My feelings on Luck are no secret, but I fail to see how his captaincy record has any reflection on his ability to motivate or lead a team.

In regards to Packer, that doesn't surprise me in the least. One of the most animated guys I've ever seen while sitting on the bench. A big off season and pushing his minutes up to 50-55 a game would have him as one of the comps leading props.

Warriors2009_old

You're suggesting Witt should have been captain? How would he have led from the third row of the stand?

more fien than witt. IF thay still played 4 the warriors thats why i said ( where are thay now.) but thay are not playing are thay. so as i said luck mannering or mckinnon..

Jesbass_old

more fien than witt. IF thay still played 4 the warriors thats why i said ( where are thay now.) but thay are not playing are thay. so as i said luck mannering or mckinnon..

Fien is a far better suggestion out of those two...but still lacks the leadership ability and the consistency to regularly deliver. A great clubman, though.

Warriors2009_old

Fien is a far better suggestion out of those two...but still lacks the leadership ability and the consistency to regularly deliver. A great clubman, though.

yes fien great clubman gave his all. so who do we all think luck (c) mannering (vc) but thats just me.. thoughts ..

Jesbass_old

yes fien great clubman gave his all. so who do we all think luck (c) mannering (vc) but thats just me.. thoughts ..

In 2010? Price to retain the captaincy, with Luck as vice-captain and the likes of Mannering, Hohaia, and Packer (eventually) forming a leadership group.

Jesbass_old

I suspect Lillyman will be in that leadership group too, as would Tate, by virtue of their rep backgrounds. (And also to give added support once Price moves on.)

Warriors2009_old

I suspect Lillyman will be in that leadership group too, as would Tate, by virtue of their rep backgrounds. (And also to give added support once Price moves on.)

i think tate would be a good one..dont know why just like the way he plays the game he brings it all when he plays.

sebastian_old

I hope your wrong on Lillyman being In the leadership group JB. However I'd love to see Tate In the group, hell he's got so much passion I'd like him ahead of Luck as Captain when Price goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

I hope your wrong on Lillyman being In the leadership group JB. However I'd love to see Tate In the group, hell he's got so much passion I'd like him ahead of Luck as Captain when Price goes.

Based on what, seb? The guy has rep experience at SOO level, and has played more than a hundred games. Only a very small handful of Warriors have the same level of experience or higher.

sebastian_old

From watching the games he's played for us this year, my feeling Is that he's not one of our leader's yet. I just don't think he has the power or influence yet over the other players by either leading by action's or word's.

Last edited by a moderator: