Fazz_old

Luck offers more on attack nowadays though. If the QLD team was picked on form and they wanted a defensive lock then Luck would walk right in to that side.

Fazz_old

I love the fluctuating attitudes towards players on this forum.. a couple of weeks ago there was a thread ripping in to Luck.. now there's a thread praising him. (Not saying the people who are praising Luck on this thread were the ones bagging him in the last.. but its funny)

Not to mention SOME people saying he should be dropped to the vulvans for lillyman before the season even started. What's the bet Denan Kemp scores a double next weekend and his critics will suddenly love him (even NU)

Michael Luck (along side Steven) has been our most consistent player for as long as he's been in the team.. Consistently awesome that is. I wonder how many extra points we would have conceeded in the past 3 and a bit seasons if it wasn't for him and his tireless defense.

A few weeks without some one makes you realise what you're missing when they're gone ;)

Fazz_old

Niether. BETHAM!

lol

Probably Luck. My memory of Campo is a little hazy though compared to Luck...
I remember him belting the sh*t out of Webke one time though

DanKokoro_old

A few weeks without some one makes you realise what you're missing when they're gone ;)

Yeah.. next time someone bags Michael Luck i'm gonna send them a copy of the Movie i've just finished making.. It's a remake of "It's a wonderful life". I made some adjustments.. Instead of an Angel taking a business man on a journey of discovering what Life would have been like if he'd never existed. It's about an Angel showing a depressed Michael Luck (he read someone rag on him on nzwarriors.com) how the Warriors last 3 seasons would have gone if he wasn't there to make 50 tackles a game.. *SPOILERS*.. In the end Michael can't stand the sight of his team getting thrashed every week and the sadness on his teammates faces (especially stevens) after 3 successive wooden spoons, he decides not to convert to rugby union.

I play all the characters in the movie..

Fazz_old

LOL!

Send it in to the oscars mate!

Seriously tho, parra falls to utter shit (worse then usual) without Hindmarsh...Luck is our Hindmarsh. I can see why Cleary made him VC now. Great clubman too with all that charity stuff he was getting wrapped for.

I used to think we need a ballplaying lock. WRONG. We just need Luck, he's doing enough on attack this year and more then enough on D to keep his spot for a long time.

The warriors seem to have a habbit of picking up nothing players are making something of them....Its the signings we expect to be good that seem to let us down if anything (Notable exceotions in Price and Wiki though)

Iafeta_old

Firstly, I'm a major Luck fan, but Kevin Campion wins thisby the length of the Hume Highway. Both players would tackle their heart out, but Campo would come up with some big hits also. He was a Premiership winner, because he was as tough as solid steel and he got into Origin as a result also. He was a massive part of the change of culture in terms of training at the Warriors, I really think his input into the club is highly underestimated. Outstanding leader, perhaps in our club's history our unsung hero for what he really meant for us.

JonB_old

Im a micky truck fan, but I would go with Campo, he was like Wiki in that he had a certain mana about him, not to the level of wiki but it was there.

I would have them both in my team though.

Northern_Union

I believe is was JustinKings called Michael a third rate aussie journeyman. A sage like proclomation!

Lego_Man_old

Campion - i loved the guy. Absolute hardman and gave 100% in everything he did.

Wish he hadnt left and was still our fitness trainer here...

2big2strong_old

I'll go campion.

I used to be a Michael Luck hater, probably up until 12 months ago, now I love the guy. It wasn't until we were without him that I became aware of just how important he is to our team. I still don't rate his individual abilities, but I rate him as an integral part of our team, simply because he soaks up all the crap that no-one wants to do and at 80 minutes it means our best attacking players still have half a tank of gas in the tank because Michael soaked up all their defensive work. The other thing I've noticed that has come into his game, just like Campion and Price, he knows when the boys around him are starting to lose structure and lose composure, in this case he calls for the ball and just takes a 'settler', the guys will re-form their lines and everything get's back to normal. I hope we sign him for life.

truckie_old

What does everyone think about Cleary using Micheal Luck as the fill in captain and vice captain?

For me it is a bad move. You need someone that can motivate a team and get the best out of them to be captain. Luck fails to do this.

He has a success rate of around about 27%. He has captained the warriors 15 times for 4 wins, 1 draw and 10 losses. 5 of those losses by 13 plus points.

Yes its hard for a team with no mongruel and lacking confidences but at least a could captain like Price who demands respect can hang at the 50% mark. Which is not excellent but he can get the best from players

Thoughts?

Northern_Union

On one side of the coin you have a bloke busting his bottom for the team and leading from the front. But the flip side of that is he can't motivate or lead on attack.

Whats his tat?

Matrix_old

What does everyone think about Cleary using Micheal Luck as the fill in captain and vice captain?

For me it is a bad move. You need someone that can motivate a team and get the best out of them to be captain. Luck fails to do this.

He has a success rate of around about 27%. He has captained the warriors 15 times for 4 wins, 1 draw and 10 losses. 5 of those losses by 13 plus points.

Yes its hard for a team with no mongruel and lacking confidences but at least a could captain like Price who demands respect can hang at the 50% mark. Which is not excellent but he can get the best from players

Thoughts?

Who says he can't motivate the team !!! When the chips are down he's the only bloke bar pricey giving it to the team & firing them up On many occasions he seems to be the only bloke who gives a sh** & hes THE BEST defender in the comp & I'm sick of all the Luck haters out there saying things like he makes a millon tackles but there not effective & now you're saying he's a **** captain cause of this & that If i were coach Luck would automatically be my next captain period. Give the guy a break & get in behind him

Northern_Union

Who says he can't motivate the team !!! When the chips are down he's the only bloke bar pricey giving it to the team & firing them up On many occasions he seems to be the only bloke who gives a sh** & hes THE BEST defender in the comp & I'm sick of all the Luck haters out there saying things like he makes a millon tackles but there not effective & now you're saying he's a **** captain cause of this & that If i were coach Luck would automatically be my next captain period. Give the guy a break & get in behind him

Amen brother, amen.