Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
I would be after at minimum 2 props. With significant upside but don't warrant that money yet.

But if we are a blooding club we bring in our own and wait to see who falls into our laps.

Webby will be able to convince people to come now. So far though he's only had to do it for TMM and Wiliame.

So be cool to see how much Pull we got. Imagine a scenario where we convince tiki and sirens on to come. Or even better man Lindsay Smith and Zac Hosking. 500 each.
Panthers won't be able to afford Blake.

We can stand our ground. He signed the contract extension so don’t have any reason to release him if we don’t want to.
Yeah we will look like shit for doing it.

But I think we can wait. I'm hearing rumours it's family related.

We def need to hold a bit firm and wait for suitable replacement. Let him go mid season if we can. I wouldn't be angry at a Terrell May but he ain't big mins yet.

The up and coming players agents will be licking their lips at a chance.

Does zyon get elevated by the old school if you're good enough you're in mantra.

Or we change our attack and become more Tigers 05 like with our pack.?

Yeah we will look like shit for doing it.

But I think we can wait. I'm hearing rumours it's family related.

We def need to hold a bit firm and wait for suitable replacement. Let him go mid season if we can. I wouldn't be angry at a Terrell May but he ain't big mins yet.

The up and coming players agents will be licking their lips at a chance.

Does zyon get elevated by the old school if you're good enough you're in mantra.

Or we change our attack and become more Tigers 05 like with our pack.?
No! Because that has never worked in the past for the club. Zyon Maiu’u looks a good talent but he's not coming and doing AFB's job.

I do feel there will be some positives to come out of this - if we handle this right. I think the majority on here acknowledge something was up with AFB in the last few games of the season. Webby reduced his minutes substantially, and AFB's body language was interesting to say the least. You would assume AFB had an end of season review before departing with Tonga. I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for this interview!!! I believe the club, either had an inkling this could happen, or thought this would happen. We all acknowledge we were already a middle short for next year - even Cappy said they had a bit of money for one. Well, now we are in a good bargaining position with the club/s in AFB's ear. We are likely to land two reasonable players. I would be happy if this happened. And we did indeed get two reasonable middles.

Could we make whichever club wants AFB to take Bunty too plus a replacement our way?

Just like Roosters made us take Lussick with Volkman.

If we lost Bunty too then our all second row forward pack would become a reality.

Although of more pressing concern is that our squad is simply running out of forwards full stop.

Harris, Barnett, Ford, Tevaga, Niukore, Ale, Bunty

That's basically our forward pack next year that has more than 5 games of NRL experience - and that's without injuries or suspension which a few of those guys are good for.

Our bench is going to end up being Tevaga, Walker, Lussick, CHT

Woof!

I do feel there will be some positives to come out of this - if we handle this right. I think the majority on here acknowledge something was up with AFB in the last few games of the season. Webby reduced his minutes substantially, and AFB's body language was interesting to say the least. You would assume AFB had an end of season review before departing with Tonga. I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for this interview!!! I believe the club, either had an inkling this could happen, or thought this would happen. We all acknowledge we were already a middle short for next year - even Cappy said they had a bit of money for one. Well, now we are in a good bargaining position with the club/s in AFB's ear. We are likely to land two reasonable players. I would be happy if this happened. And we did indeed get two reasonable middles.
He also caused a bit of a stir in England when Shaun wane wasn’t too impressed with his comments after the first test over there. Never struck me as the most humble of people, great player all the same.

Agreed, and we don't really have a choice either. Siro, Curran, AFB out and nobody coming in isn't going to happen.

If we already have a bit of $$$ for a forward then adding AFB's money could and should get at minimum two quality players provided players are willing to come.

Excactly - why would an agent leak it to the press ahead of speaking with the club if it was purely compassionate.

Theres a bit more too it all then just his mum.
I reckon it's possible that while his Mum is a bit unwell, that is being used as the cover story.
I propose it is actually because he is upset with the SJ love/being in NZ + the gang problems he got himself into in Sydney have gone away.

Back