Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
So what Dragons table a massive offer?

Fair he wants to go there he started there?

WTF? I mean can we get 3 for 1 and kick back?

This could open the door to a merry go round. I would see who else joins the fold.

Warriors got him under contract we are the drivers seat here. How after the year he had did we not extend him before international season?

CG, McFadden the hour has come, time to prove your worth and do the deal of the centruy.

Everything just points to the Dogs getting him. Their situation, Gus connection to Warriors, grabbing Curren recently - they are desperate for a Prop. It will happen no doubt.

His mother isnt well. I'd say he's as good as gone based on that alone. He's already one of the best paid players and thats for any position so I dont think its a question of money. Gutted to say the least...
Fair enough then. Always thought it would bode well long term for our recruitment being how accommodating we are in releasing players to head home. Very little cancellation but sometimes these things happen with family back over across the ditch. Devastating for what was building but all confidence in Webster.

His mother isnt well. I'd say he's as good as gone based on that alone. He's already one of the best paid players and thats for any position so I dont think its a question of money. Gutted to say the least...
That I can accept and it takes the edge off the bombshell…..family first always but man I’m a very selfish Warriors diehard and I’m gutted. Mum over money any day…..best of luck AFB and your Ma, absolutely loved what you did for us….no hard feelings 😩

I can understand the emotion and scepticism everyone is showing. But as it lists being closer to his parents my first thought was a health issue.

As this has come about while he is in England with Tonga I assume the news is recent or got worse.

If his mother isn't well he's likely gone like we have seen in the past with other players with parents or partners parents being sick. Or the club may be able to give him a lot of compassionate leave to fly back to Sydney often, maybe do most of the pre-season over there. To be honest I can't see the latter option working too well.

After the team going well this year and looking good for next year he should be positive about the club. So this wouldn't be a decision he would have made unless he felt it was for the best. After recently losing a parent and the other one being elderly I can understand wanting to be closer to his family if there is a health issue.

AFB bugger .... oh well, whanau comes first... just gotta accept it and move on..
Have to start all over again..

Shame our development players aren't quite ready yet.. Gonna have to shop around for 2 props, sorry Bunty you been given enough years to break through..

Wonder if there's a couple of poms available?

Man this is such bad news. Where is the go forward going to come from!?
No room for Bunty now AFB doesn't do his metres as well haha
Just done some quick calculations, if we get two props in return and they're both ¾ as good as AFB, that's 2 x ¾ = 1.5, so we're better off by half an AFB, (hopefully his legs). Bunty can be the other half. Phew, I feel better now.