Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Hmm seems odd to get nothing in return (from a player stance) after all of our bravado about being in a power position- feels a bit hollow.
Just hope it’s a situation where we have the gap filled from elsewhere
100% man. Just hope we didn’t get nothing from the Sharks.
Hopefully we didn’t make it easy and they are contributing something substantial to us.

From stating from the start that we won’t release him without adequate replacement, the fact we’ve released him for 2025 feels like we’ve probably already got something sorted. I had seen on their forum a week or so back that someone was approached from the sharks if they were interested in heading to NZ, which was declined. The source wouldn’t say who the player was but there’s also varying reports that we will receive compensation in some form, just not in what form. Likely monetary I reckon?
Yeah just venting, we will get something but yep sounding like a payout which doesn’t help the team win the comp.

The Warriors wouldn't have agreed to this unless this has worked for the club.
"Considering options " per Cam George, means we are not stupid anymore !
Exactly- we could’ve dragged this out another 6 months if we weren’t happy with the terms.
We’ve obviously come to an arrangement we’re happy with.
I’m at peace with it.
In fact it’s kinda exciting- like having a present under the tree we’re not allowed to open yet.

That poster from the panthers is very much in the know at that club, will be interesting to keep an eye on that Luai rumour. Would be crazy if we got JFH for 2025 and that gives them the money to keep Luai. Likely nothing there but lots of possibilities.
We would not have let AFB go without something in place for a replacement from 2025. If that poster suggests Penrith might throw a twist for Luai, then just perhaps, we may be on for JFH if he wants to come to NZ.

Let’s see how this plays out. I’m fairly certain we will have something come out soon.

Options… hmmm.

Interesting he’s pulled his instagram page, wouldn’t necessarily mean he’s leaving the panthers but he’s seemed super connected to NZ in recent times.
I was literally going to say the same thing.

He’d be closer to his family up north too. He has the connection with Webby, plus he is quite close to CNK it seems?

As far as a result for the Warriors. Getting some cash from the Sharks and signing JFH would have to probably be the about the best possible one.
Using the taumalolo one as an example- there’s a chance the sharks have agreed to give us 100k cap relief for the remainder of afbs contract then the cowboys agree to pay 100k of taumalolos contract if we take it over and suddenly you’re getting jt for $750,000 which would be a good deal.
The possibilities are endless- let the random speculation continue I say- it’s certainly made for an interesting off season so far.

Using the taumalolo one as an example- there’s a chance the sharks have agreed to give us 100k cap relief for the remainder of afbs contract then the cowboys agree to pay 100k of taumalolos contract if we take it over and suddenly you’re getting jt for $750,000 which would be a good deal.
The possibilities are endless- let the random speculation continue I say- it’s certainly made for an interesting off season so far.

The problem is the Sharks giving us cash would never factor into our salary cap