General Memory Lane

Ryan_old

I'm just watching the 2002 GF for the second time since it actually went down... What a trip! I'm surprised* to see Shayne Hayne, as one of the touch judges, Michael Crocker and Justin Hodges lining up for the Roosters, etc.

*I say I'm surprised because those are household names for me now. I was into league back in 2002, but I didn't pay any attention to the details. I, more or less, expected to see no-one that was really still kicking it in todays game (Hobbits aside).

BTW what's up with Crocker these days? Is he still a feature with Souffs?

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah I dislike that game but it is interesting to watch...the Count on the wing also.

I was always aware of Hodges but that was mainly because he was formerly at the Broncos..

Fazz_old

That game. THAT GAME. 2002 was one of the things that drew me into the warriors properly, before then I'd watch but wouldn't get would up over games. But that game changed it all, yes I'll freely admit to being a bandwagoner. Ever since I don't think I've missed a game. Maybe one or two, but I've always seen the replay.

Man it was tough going from top 2/4 to the wooden spoon basically. :(

The Cleary era has bought a lot of stability to the club though, 2009 was a perfect storm of bad events leading to a bad season imo.

scottyb_old

Ivan is calm and show's faith in his player's, that's a good attribute as a coach. His influence is showing on the team as they seem very relaxed and confident. I think Tony Iro's presence is starting to show as when he had the U20's he had them playing a enterprising attacking game, Ivan has always been a safety first kind of guy as far as i can tell and Iro's attacking game plans are mixing well with his steady as she goes way of thinking, get the basics right and then you can play whats in front of you. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mateo responds under Cleary, If he can get Mateo to pick his times to offload and when to take the tackle then we will have a good season this year.

Fazz_old

It's a good mix alright. We'll hopefully hit a good balance. And somebodies REALLY fixed our defense since the Tigers hammered us last year.

moonfire_old

Its scary to think it is almost 10 years ago, I realized I wore a 2001 jersey to the trial on Saturday! Where does the time go?!?!?!