Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Posted also in Sharkies thread...

How about a simple formula... for every $100k found over cap you get 1 point deducted

ie $10-99k 1 point, $100-$199k 2 points etc

If you're in the bottom half of the table when it comes out, you cop it next season, otherwise the current one.

Any trophies rec'd during cap rort seasons automatically go, if over $100k.

The NRL has to be transparent and the punishment meaningful. There are too many mates of mates running the show

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Said it before, make the clubs make player contracts public.

Then it’s on the players if there is discrepancies as they can’t say they didn’t know
The way it works at the moment is.

Money missing from TPA etc = Player knows that money he is owed didn't arrive and wants out of his contract.

Players contract is tied to a cap issue = I don't know about that stuff I leave it with my manager.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
It was good to see Sandor Earl back on the weekend.

He did something stupid taking peptides. His was more a case of trying to get over an injury quicker than he would of healed naturally. His main problem was he drove the peptides from one part of town to the other and got done for trafficking.

Think it was bad timing. He got done at the start of the ASADA investigation when there were reports of mass doping. He got a pretty steep ban where the club that was at the centre of it their players got a 2 week suspension over the off season as most of it was backdated.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
It was good to see Sandor Earl back on the weekend.

He did something stupid taking peptides. His was more a case of trying to get over an injury quicker than he would of healed naturally. His main problem was he drove the peptides from one part of town to the other and got done for trafficking.

Think it was bad timing. He got done at the start of the ASADA investigation when there were reports of mass doping. He got a pretty steep ban where the club that was at the centre of it their players got a 2 week suspension over the off season as most of it was backdated.

Did his ACL last year when he was about to come back too.

Dude has been through the wars, can't believe he made it back to a first grade trial. If he sees actual first grade it will be insane.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Raised a rather ironic smile when Cameron Smith hits the headlines calling for their trophy reinstatement on the back of Sharkies being once again let off the hook extremely lightly. As a so called leader of the game, he should have been calling for the Sharkies to lose theirs!

Until, across the board, these folks finally get and accept the realisation that the same rules have to be followed by all clubs, then the game will continue to go from one disaster to another. Mandatory docking of points is the only way, and bigtime..... Amateurs or just the Australian way?

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I can see why Smith is calling out the inconsistency with the Sharks extremely light punishment, but to say “I think everyone can see what happened to us was fairly harsh. You haven’t seen anything like it since" is a really poor comment to make. What was handed to the Storm was fair - they were caught systematically cheating and every club that goes to that degree of cheating should expect the same tarnished record.

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
I can see why Smith is calling out the inconsistency with the Sharks extremely light punishment, but to say “I think everyone can see what happened to us was fairly harsh. You haven’t seen anything like it since" is a really poor comment to make. What was handed to the Storm was fair - they were caught systematically cheating and every club that goes to that degree of cheating should expect the same tarnished record.
He had the opportunity to condemn cheating, instead he whinged about how hard done by the Storm were when they were caught cheating. Pretty disgraceful stuff

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
He did the same when his mob broke Alex McKinnon's neck. The sooner he retires the better for the sport. The game doesnt need cu**s like him.

Hugely overrated player.

Saw footage of hit defending one of his players who king hit a player to the ref because “what about the high tackle?”
(While the player who got punched is in a heap on the ground). Lost all respect for him when he tried to say it was McKinnon’s fault for getting injured

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
He did the same when his mob broke Alex McKinnon's neck. The sooner he retires the better for the sport. The game doesnt need cu**s like him.

Hugely overrated player.
He is an arsehole, but I am sure Melbourne fans regard him as their arsehole, who also wins them games, personally I would like to see the bird of paradise fly up his nose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miket12 and Sup42

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
It’s also being reported that he wants teams with players who have one team 300+ games to get cap relief for those players. The thing is, there are only 3 players in the NRL right now who qualify. Gallen, Sutton and ... Cam Smith. Such a selfless guy. The sooner he retires the better.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
As much as you all hate Smith (myself included) , it’s this killer instinct and attitude that makes him and the Storm winners.

If he retires this year, you reckon the boys will call him over after the game like they did Thurston and congratulate him on his career?

I hope so.

I hope this club also proves that nice guys don’t always finish last.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
As much as you all hate Smith (myself included) , it’s this killer instinct and attitude that makes him and the Storm winners.

If he retires this year, you reckon the boys will call him over after the game like they did Thurston and congratulate him on his career?

I hope so.

I hope this club also proves that nice guys don’t always finish last.
Smith will never retire - he’ll just move on to holding the whistle full time ;)

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings