Player Matt Lodge

Obvious self discipline issues aside, he’s a top
signing. The challenge for Brown is managing to get the most of him both as a player and as a leader. Didn’t realize how good his passing game was until he got here.

Reactions: Defence
The good vibes are encouraging. Last year players like Addin Fonua-Blake were staying grounded about the new recruits and how the would hopefully gel, this year there seems to be a confidence. Great article and awesome he thinks our youngsters are gonna kill it.

Each time I see this thread, I get concerned before I open it in case it says he's leaving the club. He and Addin Fonua-Blake are a front row you want to build a pack around.
I like the idea of keeping this pack together.
The way the games gone with a lot more ball movement through the middle, combinations are going to be important with the short passing and all that.
It’s got the makings of a good pack and most of them are on the way up.

Each time I see this thread, I get concerned before I open it in case it says he's leaving the club. He and Addin Fonua-Blake are a front row you want to build a pack around.
Get the same feeling with various player or administrator threads when they randomly come up.

Also the Naughty Chair thread as I'm usually thinking what embarrassing thing has a player done now.

He is elite level. He was immense in the trial. Hope he wants to stay.
When he gets 50+ minutes he’s gold. Makes 150 meters on most occasions and offers an offload.

Considering where only paying around $400k for him, I don’t think there’s anyone else around on that money that’s offering what he does.

Really, really hope he stays. Would offer him $600k for 2024 (would then work out $500k for both 2023 and 2024) in the hopes that keeps him here longer

When he gets 50+ minutes he’s gold. Makes 150 meters on most occasions and offers an offload.

Considering where only paying around $400k for him, I don’t think there’s anyone else around on that money that’s offering what he does.

Really, really hope he stays. Would offer him $600k for 2024 (would then work out $500k for both 2023 and 2024) in the hopes that keeps him here longer
Agreed. He plays big minutes of quality.

Reactions: marv and Toookey