Player Matt Lodge

Matt Lodge

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Respected my whom? The guy is a maggot
Dont like the guy but have family members who have been in some bad states and he has fully changed them into better people. Could say brain washed but whatever theyre on now, hes saved their life as well as their family. I cant judge the guy. Who doesnt want to be rich? were talking about nrl player on million dollars for running a ball and this guy is changing lives/communities.

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
All the fun is being sucked out of league.
I really like Lodge as a player. And I laughed when he gave the jeering fans the finger. But then I'm a dinosaur who used to love watching the premier sides belting the snot out of each other at the Hutt Rec in the 70s and 80s when they would have 2 ambulances parked sideline ready to take the injured away
And that is the sort of player that Lodge is. A big hard scary man that tries to dominate using his size and aggression when he's on the field. But sadly thats not allowed anymore so he will go the way of all us old dinosaurs I think. There is a double standard in league and sports reporting. The footage of Lodge and Evans firing up and Lodge flipping the finger will be shown over and over again because it is what people want to see but the commentary over it will be all negative
Imagine some of the current crop of league commentators playing today. Tellis and Roache and Geyer. They wouldn't be allowed on the field
Such a shame that it has all become so vanilla

Last edited:

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
I like him, a bit of the red mist, but is human and obviously gives a shit
Yeah, wasn't keen on him at first but now I'm a fan. He speaks well off the field too. We wanted some mongrel added to our team of choir boys and now we've got 5 of them in Lodge, Addin Fonua-Blake, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Jazz and Walsh surprisingly. I can't count Evans in the mongrel list, he's just an idiot.

I'm betting that if you interviewed the new players to the team this year, off the record, they'd all say how surprised they are at how the Warriors get shafted constantly by the NRL. 1 fkn 6 again in 3 games is bullshit.

Last edited:

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It should be a coaching tactic at this point, just tell your players to grub it up against the warriors, if they respond, they'll be the only ones wearing the consequences. Mt Smart used to keep some of the less experienced refs honest, now they just cheat without remorse.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
“Nepotism means you give most of the money at the club to your relatives, and you know who his father in law is, don’t you? It’s the recruitment manager O’Sullivan and his son (Sean) is the halfback. “That’s the first thing they need to sort out is not Matt Lodge giving the finger to the crowd, but the nepotism in the club where they are giving out money to their relatives and sign some decent players.”

Tony kemp diggin in. Fucking wanker. We'd be fucked without POS

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
“Nepotism means you give most of the money at the club to your relatives, and you know who his father in law is, don’t you? It’s the recruitment manager O’Sullivan and his son (Sean) is the halfback. “That’s the first thing they need to sort out is not Matt Lodge giving the finger to the crowd, but the nepotism in the club where they are giving out money to their relatives and sign some decent players.”

Have you ever heard him make a positive comment about the Warriors since he moved on from being coach?

If I was POS I would get advice whether I could sue TK for slander

Afakasi247

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 5, 2014
This snippet tells you all you need to know about Kemp.

Very one sided and agenda driven point of view on the situation. And plain stupid.

For one - Sean O'Sullivan was signed as depth and was the 3rd choice half to start the season. Was thrusted into extended playing time due to injuries, and then due to Kodi stinking it up this season. The club even bought Townsend back for the rest of the season, who was automatically ahead of Sully before he fucked his shoulder.

With Lodge - he’s a fucking top-tier front rower, outside Addin Fonua-Blake our forward depth has been average and was a no brainer to bring him here, boosts our front row stocks (next season him and Addin Fonua-Blake will be the best starting front row pairing in the comp) - better yet with the Broncos paying half is salary to boot.

Those weren’t “jobs for the boys (or family in this case)” - those were 2 smart signings that addressed an issue with the squad and made us better off.

Aka what POS gets paid to do. And what he does freakin’ well.

On another note - the whole Lodge situation, I feel, is being blown way out the park.

The “late” hit on Peachy, you see those all the time and it was Wallace to rushed in to initiate the push and shove between the two anyway.

Lodge is a target of the refs, probably gets so much shit from players and fans alike, and for a man trying to escape his demons, when they show their face sometimes you are left with no choice but to retaliate.

Aka flipping the bird to the crowd…

Not his brightest moment, but this talk about how the club needs to get rid of him etc. because of it, mate fuck off.

Evans, on the other hand…

Last edited:

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

I’m sure Tony was coached and selected by his Dad back I the Taranaki junior days.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
The usual talking heads have come out to criticise, get a sound bite and create a few headlines.

Lowe saying the signing of Lodge was one of the clubs most idiotic signings is a bit over the top. Especially as it didn't mention concerns to the clubs image due to his off field behaviour or his judiciary record. If you mention those you have a bit of an argument. But on field he's been exactly what we need. A partner for Addin Fonua-Blake or someone who can keep our go forward momentum while Addin Fonua-Blake is off the field. Another poster mentioned less ball playing and to simplify things and make hit ups. I'd agree with that. His judiciary record is a worry but some of the charges have been a bit soft.

Kemp calling nepotism. Lodge as shown his signing has been worth it, especially if we have the Broncos picking up some of his salary. O'Sullivan was signed as depth and is still waiting on a contract. If he was looking after his family he'd be signed and over paid.

Gould spoke about the fallout from yesterday. Says it was out of character. Mentioned their pulse comes down and makes an apology later which isn't helpful. I don't have a problem with Lodge's apology. Its what people do now, use social media. He has a past and knows he needs to work on things, he let people down and apologised.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The usual talking heads have come out to criticise, get a sound bite and create a few headlines.

Lowe saying the signing of Lodge was one of the clubs most idiotic signings is a bit over the top. Especially as it didn't mention concerns to the clubs image due to his off field behaviour or his judiciary record. If you mention those you have a bit of an argument. But on field he's been exactly what we need. A partner for Addin Fonua-Blake or someone who can keep our go forward momentum while Addin Fonua-Blake is off the field. Another poster mentioned less ball playing and to simplify things and make hit ups. I'd agree with that. His judiciary record is a worry but some of the charges have been a bit soft.

Kemp calling nepotism. Lodge as shown his signing has been worth it, especially if we have the Broncos picking up some of his salary. O'Sullivan was signed as depth and is still waiting on a contract. If he was looking after his family he'd be signed and over paid.

Gould spoke about the fallout from yesterday. Says it was out of character. Mentioned their pulse comes down and makes an apology later which isn't helpful. I don't have a problem with Lodge's apology. Its what people do now, use social media. He has a past and knows he needs to work on things, he let people down and apologised.

I think Gould has it right, and he could have added the referees...but then he couldn't could her?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings