Player Matt Lodge

Matt Lodge

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Hate to say it but he could be the Best Buy this club has ever had.

A total wrecking ball on attack with soft hands for offloading. Just a giant if a man. And a fantastic performance on the field against Penrith. Lead from the front in every way.

He was the reason this team lifted and did not put their head down. I think he’s the one leader we’ve all been looking for.

What impressed me most, is I saw him talking in huddles. Demanding more from the boys. And everyone was listening. Eyes wide open.

You could see Addin Fonua-Blake lifted his game with Lodge there, and he could very well be our next Campion ala Steve Price.

Don’t need to see Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake playing anymore big minutes this season and risking injury. We’ve seen what they are capable of. Let’s wrap them up in cotton wool for next year.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Hate to say it but he could be the Best Buy this club has ever had.

A total wrecking ball on attack with soft hands for offloading. Just a giant if a man. And a fantastic performance on the field against Penrith. Lead from the front in every way.

He was the reason this team lifted and did not put their head down. I think he’s the one leader we’ve all been looking for.

What impressed me most, is I saw him talking in huddles. Demanding more from the boys. And everyone was listening. Eyes wide open.

You could see Addin Fonua-Blake lifted his game with Lodge there, and he could very well be our next Campion ala Steve Price.

Don’t need to see Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake playing anymore big minutes this season and risking injury. We’ve seen what they are capable of. Let’s wrap them up in cotton wool for next year.
Ah shit bro don't get me excited!

• Haha
Reactions: ramps and bruce

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Lodge to date has been a champion player.

Could he be a possibility for captain next year? He must be frustrated coming here and continuing with the losing streak

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Last edited:

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
The greatly respected Brian Tamaki would say “Let he is without sin cast the first stone.”

How many of us can say, hand on heart, that we have never, while we’ve been on holiday, in a foreign country, had a few too many beers and kicked in the wrong door, and terrorised a family inside for hours?

I rest my case.

Jokes aside, he is exactly what we’ve needed for years. On the field

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
The greatly respected Brian Tamaki would say “Let he is without sin cast the first stone.”

How many of us can say, hand on heart, that we have never, while we’ve been on holiday, in a foreign country, had a few too many beers and kicked in the wrong door, and terrorised a family inside for hours?

I rest my case.

Jokes aside, he is exactly what we’ve needed for years. On the field
Amen

Reactions: Inruin

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I'm not big on past indiscretions as indicator for future misbehaving's so fully supported Matt Lodge from day one. However my concern is that when you have Matt Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake who are great footballers with checkered past in the same club with shit for brains footballers like kane Evans then there is a small risk of the past becoming the future. Especially when you take out Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Tohu Harris no longer being there it's a little scary to think of worst case scenario with these blokes. Either way - great signing. but I just wish we had one or two more good charactered club stalwarts to make sure everything is in check,

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
I wasn't all that happy when it was first mentioned a couple of years back but having thought about and heard him interviewed prepared now to accept that hopefully it was a one off and hes learnt a very serious lesson...who hasn't done or said the odd thing when you are young or pissed or both that you might not neccessarilly be particularly proud of when you are a bit older...probably most people have.
Hopefully its well behind him now.

My son went to a few Broncos games and after seeing Lodge for the first time rang me and said that he was like a player whom we both thought was a bit over rated at the time and we couldn't understand how he kept getting picked for the Queensland and the Kangaroos....that was until you watched and heard him play live.It was a different experience from watching on the telly.

You could hear the power and hardness of his runs when you saw him live.
My son said that Lodge is the same and we hadn't seen it since...that player was Nate Myles.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Since nothing is happening I just wanna say I piss myself every time the cameras zoom in on lodge on the telly. Wish the refs would give some of the big boys a pass for agro play otherwise there won’t be a place for them in the modern game. Lodge seriously has looks that could kill every time he takes a hit up. Mother fuckers crazy I tell ya!!! Wonder how a coach manages Alphas like Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake..

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Since nothing is happening I just wanna say I piss myself every time the cameras zoom in on lodge on the telly. Wish the refs would give some of the big boys a pass for agro play otherwise there won’t be a place for them in the modern game. Lodge seriously has looks that could kill every time he takes a hit up. Mother fuckers crazy I tell ya!!! Wonder how a coach manages Alphas like Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake..
There is only one way to manage that personality type....be the Alpha.

Otherwise they become unstable.

Saw it a lot in an old job, place was a human Zoo. Remove the Alpha and you have instability until another takes its place.

Women are the same.

Reactions: Defence and bruce

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
As what? You know all about women? Can you give me some advice...sonny boy :rolleyes:
I should have qualified that opinion with an explanation.

Working with Women in prisons there is the same Alpha hierarchy as men. A queen Bee is a thing in the real world when you strip away all the dressing and put people of either gender in a dog eat dog environment.

It does not matter what country, when you meet people from all round the world, the story is the same.

Something about our species.

• Love
Reactions: matiunz and bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I should have qualified that opinion with an explanation.

Working with Women in prisons there is the same Alpha hierarchy as men. A queen Bee is a thing in the real world when you strip away all the dressing and put people of either gender in a dog eat dog environment.

It does not matter what country, when you meet people from all round the world, the story is the same.

Something about our species.
Chill bro, I was only saying I don't claim to understand women and that you must be a genius.

However I take what you say. I had a mate who was a teacher at an all girls school and he said much the same as you.

Emotionally women are the harder and tougher of the species, especially on each other.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings