Player Matt Lodge

Didn't Sean O'Sullivan decline an offer we gave him which meant we offered Ash Taylor a T&T lifeline?
I'm not 100% on that but you might be right. The problem for the Warriors retaining him may have been how long we had him waiting for. That would lead to him feeling unwanted or getting used to the idea of moving on and looking at new opportunities. The other thing with the Warriors the last few years was the where are they going to be based and when will they move back to New Zealand.

He's ended up ok as he's ended up with the premiership favourites and will then move on to the new franchise to be coached under Bennett.

Again Lodge's argument is nonsense.

Reactions: Cces and Toookey

tajhay

🏉
saw an article posted somewhere yesterday where Lodge has stated Kevin Walters didn't want him at the Broncos and tried to move him on straight away.
There was lots written about it during the time. Walters was saying they want to keep him and then trying to offload him, whilst at the same time saying he was an integral part of the team. He was getting mixed messages and went on for a few months.

I'm not sure if Lodge is playing the victim card, or just stating facts. But he will be the answer to a pub question in years to come as to which player earned the most in a 12 month period (not based on salary cap accounts as that is year on year) in NRL history. Factor in payouts from Bris and Warriors for multiple years, as well salary from Warriors and Roosters. The only loser from the entire Lodge fiasco is us (and the Broncos).

We can divert attention from how stupid those club is by pinpointing to his NY drama if that helps us feel better about the situation. By all accounts he is a changed person.

There was lots written about it during the time. Walters was saying they want to keep him and then trying to offload him, whilst at the same time saying he was an integral part of the team. He was getting mixed messages and went on for a few months.

I'm not sure if Lodge is playing the victim card, or just stating facts. But he will be the answer to a pub question in years to come as to which player earned the most in a 12 month period (not based on salary cap accounts as that is year on year) in NRL history. Factor in payouts from Bris and Warriors for multiple years, as well salary from Warriors and Roosters. The only loser from the entire Lodge fiasco is us (and the Broncos).

We can divert attention from how stupid those club is by pinpointing to his NY drama if that helps us feel better about the situation. By all accounts he is a changed person.
I don't understand why it is the Warriors should be paying him anything as he chose to leave the club. I can understand it would be different if the club had told him to look elsewhere but, form what I understand, that's not the case.

To me it seems that if I was working for someone on a contract and had only worked for say 12 of the 24 months of the contract, I should only be paid for the time I was there, not for the last 12 months if I was the person who decided to break the contract.

Having said that, POS may have put something in his contract saying if Lodge was to walk away, that the Club would still have to pay him out a certain percentage of the remaining part of the contract. That, or CG is just a really, really bad negotiator when it comes to letting players go.

Reactions: Juju and crump81

This article wasn't about Walters changing his mind and his mixed messages. That was before he joined us and was going on for a few months last season. Lodge was stating this was before Walters took on the job. He was openly saying Lodge didn't fit his culture.

Changed man or not that incident will follow him for a while. We debated enough on here about signing him. There were articles here in New Zealand about his past. Even some that didn't even need to mention it would bring it up for some reason.

Only the very naïve would look at the Lodge exit and think it was above board. Still irked at how Mohawk took the fans for fools trying to spin it as a good outcome
Lodge has his US history; Broncos bad blood and now Warriors bad blood. He’s a mercenary onto his 5th club out for Matt Lodge.

And Lodge is now the victim and a changed person and a good guy??? Come on…

Rightly or wrongly I back Mohawk 100% over Lodge to make the best call for the Warriors.

Reactions: bruce

tajhay

🏉
Thought he had given up the booze?

In reference to this post.
Not sure if he's actually drunk but the call out does seem a bit out of character.

That led to Matt Lodge posting a fight proposal to social media this week that was ripped by Gallen, but that wasn't the only one.

"I had another NRL player on the weekend calling me out and carrying on on social media, clearly drunk," Gallen told Wide World of Sports.

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Thought he had given up the booze?

In reference to this post.
Not sure if he's actually drunk but the call out does seem a bit out of character.

He writes dam good when drunk…. I grammar or spelling errors, which is amazing compared to some of the crap I read in here… 👀

I jest.