Player Matt Lodge

the borg

Well one lesson to be learnt from this Lodge fiasco is.. "My team Mohawk" needs to keep off the piss around the team. He might get away with that dumb shit at the annual Autex Christmas Party.

But this club is part of a multi million dollar entertainment industry. To a point where the media who provide a huge chunk in funding the NRL will hold it publicly accountable as a stakeholder..

Reactions: 4 users
john nick

john nick

Jeez you have had a few. If they are in Newcastle Robinson is well & truely F'd as the game was at Redcliffe
Sorry mate I should have said they are going to the Newcastle game & catching up with Robinson there.They are from the Bowls club which he also sponsors.As I understand.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Mohawk" needs to keep off the piss around the team. He might get away with that dumb shit at the annual Autex Christmas Party.
Management 101.

The few psycho managers I knew who hit the piss with staff, just play acted, kept sober and listened to all the piss talk. Sounds like Mohawk has it the wrong way around.

It also sounds like his reputation has spread within the game.

Russell Crowe could get away with it. Can Mohawk? I hope so but I doubt it.

Noitall

Noitall

The eels are looking to sign lodge for the rest of 2022. The nrl has said he must be paid a minimum of $200k by whoever signs him for the remainder.

• Wow
Blackdot

Blackdot

Not too sure. It’s got to be done by August 1.
If/when a team signs him for next year, does that relieve us of needing to cover him under our salary cap next season? Seems weird if a player double dips into two different teams salary caps at the same time.

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
The eels are looking to sign lodge for the rest of 2022. The nrl has said he must be paid a minimum of $200k by whoever signs him for the remainder.

I think he’ll do really well at the Eels. The environment suits his intense character.

Still in awe over what they did to Papalii.

We’re a shit show compared to other clubs. Badly managed in all areas on and off the park.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Since95

Since95

This is the culture that's been there for some time coming out into the open. Don't forget the sacking of Blake Green, and don't forget that the club culture and owner interference is the reason Todd Payten went to NQC instead of taking the top job at the Warriors. Todd is no fool, and saw what was happening around him.
Course he did. He seen it at Tigers. How the power brokers ripped apart the Tigers.

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
If/when a team signs him for next year, does that relieve us of needing to cover him under our salary cap next season? Seems weird if a player double dips into two different teams salary caps at the same time.
I am fairly sure salary payments are twice a year. so any compensation for contract would change that accordingly. That isn't just NRL rules, it is employment law.

So Mohawk may not have been as stupid as it sounded ... maybe.

His father built the company, but he hasn't run it into the ground, and he has had enough time to do so.

Reactions: 1 users
Ozwarrior

Ozwarrior

Parramatta Eels to sign Matt Lodge, Newcastle Knights eye Jackson Hastings | NRL news | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site​

The Eels are looking to sign former Warriors star Matt Lodge on a short-term deal for their run to the 2022 finals.
Meanwhile, the Knights are eyeing Tigers halfback Jackson Hastings after making a play for his halves partner Luke Brooks in the off-season.

NRL: The Manly Sea Eagles have put on a second half clinic after the Wests…
Eels’ bid to sign Lodge on short-term deal

The Eels are reportedly trying to lure former Warriors star Matt Lodge to Parramatta for the remainder of the 2022 season.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Eels have made inquiries about Lodge’s availability and what it would cost them on the salary cap for the rest of the year.

The NRL has estimated Lodge’s current market value and told the Eels they would need to come up with $20,000 a game for a total of $250,000 on their salary cap to sign Lodge.

That amount will decrease every week Lodge remains unsigned, which opens the possibility of the former Tigers and Broncos prop joining the Eels for their run to the finals.

Parramatta are keen to bolster their front row depth as they bid to break their premiership drought, but don’t want to pay over $200,000 to do it.

However, the Eels could opt to emulate the Panthers’ acquisition of Tevita Pangai Jr on a short-term deal last season around five weeks out from the finals.

The Eels need to sign Lodge before August 1 if they want him to be eligible to play in the 2022 finals series.

Lodge has history with Eels stars Mitchell Moses and Nathan Brown having come through the Tigers system together as youngsters.

Lodge has scored four tries in 91 games for the Tigers, Broncos and Warriors since his debut in 2022.

Matt Lodge is in the Eels’ sights.