Sports Black Caps

He single-handedly clawed the game back from being way out of reach.
Close to 100 behind is already a stretch.
Our batsmen need to stand up for once in this series.
We need at least 300 to pressure Aussie.
300 in front at least

I feel like we are going into each test one and a half bowlers down at the moment. Kuggeleijn is an absolute waste of a spot, and Southee is almost embarrassed to bowl himself. Between that and the catching Australia are scoring too many runs, and the little said about our batting the better,. There are no excuses in the second innings, good conditions. The annoying thing is that Australia's batsman are just as out of form as ours. Our injuries are brutal.

Kuggeleijn a first ball duck, and 6 expensive wicketless overs...and we all saw it coming.

Last edited:
Sooo...if we get to evens with only the one down, do we put NZ in the box seat?
Batting 4th is generally a difficult job, but I'm guessing as we're only day 2 that they'll be batting at the latest, early day 4....

I feel like we are going into each test one and a half bowlers down at the moment. Kuggeleijn is an absolute waste of a spot, and Southee is almost embarrassed to bowl himself. Between that and the catching Australia are scoring too many runs, and the little said about our batting the better,. There are no excuses in the second innings, good conditions. The annoying thing is that Australia's batsman are just as out of form as ours. Our injuries are brutal.

Kuggeleijn a first ball duck, and 6 expensive wicketless overs...and we all saw it coming.
What was gained by not letting Wagner finish off his test career at home with these games and play Kuggelejn instead?

Weird decision

What was gained by not letting Wagner finish off his test career at home with these games and play Kuggelejn instead?

Weird decision
Much better option than Kuggeleijn. Definitely his last test, unfortunately probably the same for Will Young.

And given the gap between this series and the next is this the last we see of Southee? Certainly I don't think he's been a great captain, but that takes time and given his bowling speed that might be a luxury he doesn't have. Great player for nz though.

Much better option than Kuggeleijn. Definitely his last test, unfortunately probably the same for Will Young.

And given the gap between this series and the next is this the last we see of Southee? Certainly I don't think he's been a great captain, but that takes time and given his bowling speed that might be a luxury he doesn't have. Great player for nz though.
I hope not for Southee despite my criticism for him. The simple reason being that both fans and the player deserve to experience a test send off after such brilliant careers. Southee and Wagner (and Boult) have been greats of NZ cricketing history.

The one thing I am hating about watching the cricket is every time they show Steve Smith on the telly all I can think about is Sandpaper and Bunnings. And If I am thinking about Bunnings the wife will know and she will want to go to Bunnings to buy something for the Garden. Then I will be stuck outside in the garden and won't be able to watch the cricket!

Back