General Mateo set to leave the Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Feleti goes well because clearly is a nice person when you listen to him talk and consider that he gave the NZ experience a go.

Like Inu Feleti will thrive in the short term ( I actually hope he goes super nova at Manly ) and it is likely that eventually...like Inu he will fade into obscurity.

Feleti making it at Manly would be a good model for our club to look into, to change the culture here. The more guys like him leave and perform better elsewhere, the more the spotlight goes on the Warriors set up to find answers.

It may even be blown out of proportion if Feleti goes well ( good ).

Feleti playing well at Manly in 2015 may very well have nothing to do with the Manly culture....like Inu at the dogs.....it just may be a case of turning it on for the new club ( as both those players did here when they arrived....especially Martell ).

I don't give a stuff if he goes well for them.....it was not happening here.....I am very pleased that McFadden tried dropping him twice ( no stone was left unturned, he had the red carpet and the tough love here ).

One thing I'm confident of is that the Warriors is the wrong club for Mateo and he is the wrong player for us.

All the best to him....thanks for the memories.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Best move for Feleti Mateo and the Warriors. We free up cap and he has a chance of finally securing a ring.

Bit disappointed no coach since Cleary has been able to get Feleti to fire at the Warriors. Bit disappointed that Feleti couldnt do it for himself.

He'll either go big or bust at Manly. With their culture he wont get away with anything but those two options. Put in or piss off basically. Im of the opinion that he'll go off big time. Record some freakish stats. Be the toast of Brookvale then slowly start to fade. His history here shows thats his M.O.

Has this announced officially yet???

Last edited:
If Horo could go from a wasted talent at the Eels to a bona fide first grader at the Eagles, I can only imagine what could happen to Mateo. If they manage to turn him into an aggressive beast that runs hard into tackles and actually does more than attempt to grab their shirts then Cappy better be taking notes.

Reactions: OMG
Not at all sad to see Mateo leave.. overpaid, over hyped and under performed far too often for my liking

If he goes well at Manly then it wasn't our 'culture' to blame like many suggest because they've had structure and success for years and years their drilled like robots he's practically walking into success whereas our club has yet to achieve anything significant or anything that resembles a 'successful culture'.

If Horo could go from a wasted talent at the Eels to a bona fide first grader at the Eagles, I can only imagine what could happen to Mateo. If they manage to turn him into an aggressive beast that runs hard into tackles and actually does more than attempt to grab their shirts then Cappy better be taking notes.
'All it takes to become a raging bull is a glass of calves blood each game' - Dr Dank

• Haha
Reactions: OMG and Inruin
Knowing our luck he will probably carve up at Manly which will infuriate people round here even further..

Having said that... If it's true I most certainly will not miss his lazy ass Jersey grabbing missed tackles, giving away stupid penalties and his horribly inflated salary!
He will Carve up Because Jeff toovey wont let him play sloppy arsed football and he wont be in a team that excepts that kind of game that we have been subjected to .

I'm surprised Manly paid so much for him. 600k including TPs is a lot. Apparently Toovey convinced the board they need an attacking maestro to balance out their workmanlike pack. But what tipped it is that Foran's agent has been dicking them around. They don't want to break Lyon and Matai up. Mateo as back-up 6 but mostly 13..

The upside of all this is that Matai's pisséd at rumours of Matai's pay packet. Man the plot thickens...He tried to get my source to confirm the amount.

I have no idea how this will end. It sounds like days of our lives.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Manly have secured the services of New Zealand Warriors forward Feleti Mateo on a two-year deal
Matt Logue
The Daily Telegraph
October 28, 2014 12:00AM

028290-577b6d86-5daa-11e4-919b-767a5a42ab7c.jpg

Feleti Mateo will link up with the Sea Eagles in 2015. Picture Gregg Porteous Source: Gregg Porteous / News Corp Australia

MANLY have secured the services of New Zealand Warriors forward Feleti Mateo on a two-year deal.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Mateo will link with the Sea Eagles after being granted a release by the Warriors with two years remaining on his contract.

Mateo’s signing means Manly are certain to lose veteran forward Anthony Watmough, with the NSW Origin and Test star to officially link with Parramatta as early as Tuesday.

On top of the ball-playing Mateo, it’s understood the Sea Eagles are also close to announcing the signature of experienced Newcastle forward Willie Mason.

The Daily Telegraph contacted Mateo on Monday, but the Tongan international declined to comment.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Last edited:
Days of our lives it feels like we are watching an hour glass waiting to see if we get a recruit out of all of this.

Hopefully it means they lose more then just Watmough. Good chance of us getting someone in return and a lot of times in this competition the recruitment goes one way to the strong high profile clubs.

Reactions: eX | Machina

Jordan G

Some good times, but it was time to move on.

Forget Hayne, if there's one guy who should have looked at NFL it's Mateo. He's been playing only one side of the ball his entire career.

• Haha
Reactions: Est95
Status
Not open for further replies.