Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
I believe this. But can't get past my nagging hunch he will never have an NRL career and be like Nathaniel Roache. A what might have been player. Right now he has one legendary and amazing NRL game to his credit. And then he got injured. Some guys are just injury prone. Part of being successful is just avoiding injury.
Factoring in preseason & NZ A he played 20 games in 2023. Bit early to have him & the words "injury prone" in the same conversation.
Merry Christmas Wrighty Wrighty

Think that article is a glass half full take on the situation, which I can appreciate coming off a top 4 finish. Realistically we lost a top 2 prop a couple years early, that really sucks and there's no way around it. Getting someone of value in return would have helped reduce how much it sucks, but was unlikely. I never expected the current management to take some dumb player swap for the sake of it, so not doing that isn't a positive.

We have AFB next year and we're going to have to work him to the bone with this lineup. No different to last year, just need to get lucky with his health like last year.

I think this is where our limited pathways and recruiting due to Covid is really showing. Our prop stocks should never have gotten this low. We should at least have some 2015 Lisone's and Gavet's in the wings. I worry clubs next year will have us figured out and will just throw size at us the way Souths did.

AFB getting seriously hurt next year is just absolutely catastrophic to our team. A bright side to him moving on is if it's real bad, it's not our problem for 2025.

Back