General Mateo Makes Kangaroos Train On Squad

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
The Australian Rugby League Commission has today named the following players in the VB Kangaroos’ train-on squad for the end-of-season Test against New Zealand and the Prime Minister’s XIII match in Papua New Guinea.
GOLD COAST TITANS
Greg Bird
Jamal Idris
Nate Myles
William Zillman
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
Darius Boyd
Akuila Uate
PENRITH PANTHERS
Lachlan Coote
Tim Grant
Michael Jennings
Luke Lewis
ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
Ben Creagh
Brett Morris
Trent Merrin
Beau Scott
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Jake Friend
Mitchell Pearce
WARRIORS
Feleti Mateo
WESTS TIGERS
Robbie Farah
Chris Lawrence
Aaron Woods
The Prime Minister’s XIII match against Papua New Guinea will be played in Port Moresby on September 23 with the end-of-season Test between the Kangaroos and New Zealand to be played at Townsville’s Dairy Farmers Stadium on October 13.
Further players will be added to the squad as teams are eliminated from the Telstra Premiership.
Players may also be selected in the teams from outside the training squad.
Training details for the squad will be announced next week.
JUNIOR KANGAROOS TRAIN-ON
The Australian Rugby League Commission has today named the following players in the Junior Kangaroos’ train-on squad for the end-of-season Test against the Junior Kiwis in Townsville.

Michael Lichaa, Cronulla Sharks
Ben Hampton, Melbourne Storm
Young Tonumaipea, Melbourne Storm
Alex McKinnon, Newcastle Knights
Korbin Sims, Newcastle Knights
Chris Grevsmuhl, North Queensland Cowboys
Cheyse Blair, Parramatta Eels
Boyd Cordner, Sydney Roosters

The end-of-season Test between the Junior Kangaroos and Junior Kiwis will be played at Townsville’s Dairy Farmers Stadium on October 13.

Further players will be added to the squad as teams are eliminated from the Telstra Premiership and Toyota Cup Finals.

Players may also be selected in the team from outside the training squad.

Training details for the squad will be announced next week.

https://www.nrl.com/kangaroos-train-on-squad/tabid/10874/newsid/69675/default.aspx

Matt13-1

Warriors Bench Player
May 7, 2012
Christchurch
Good luck to him, I'd say he would get a run in the Prime Minister’s XIII match in Papua New Guinea. Doubt he will be able to break into the team for the VB test, too many other back rowers playing better than him.

When is the Kiwi's squad named?

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Good luck to him, I'd say he would get a run in the Prime Minister’s XIII match in Papua New Guinea. Doubt he will be able to break into the team for the VB test, too many other back rowers playing better than him.

When is the Kiwi's squad named?
His defense in particular, and his decision making when he doesn't have the ball are a bit to questionable for origin....he would probably be a better chance of gaining a Kangaroo jersey in a 4 nations or world cup year as a squad player.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Good Luck since it is what he wants.

As for Australia , do they really need him ?

Titans Fan

Waterboy
Sep 4, 2012
I wonder how Idris or Zillman got into the team :confused:

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Possible Kangaroos Team V Kiwis

1,Billy Slater 2,Darius Boyd 3,Greg Inglis 4,Justin Hodges 5,Akuila Uate 6,Johnathan Thurston 7,Cooper Cronk
8,Matthew Scott 9,Cameron Smith (c) 10,James Tamou 11,Luke Lewis/Nate Myles 12,Sam Thaiday 13,Paul Gallen
14,Dave Shillington 15,Sam Kasiano* 16,Tony Williams 17,Ben Barba

I'd say Kasiano will follow the path Tamou has taken and opt for Australia and Origin instead of representing NZ.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Mateo will struggle to make the PM XIII in my opinion still too many good backrowers to choose from even after they've chosen The Kangaroos side. I'm happy to be proven wrong mind you. I'll snatch at anything good to come from this season so good luck Feleti if chosen.

Matt13-1

Warriors Bench Player
May 7, 2012
Christchurch
Kiwis train-on squad: Sam McKendry (Penrith Panthers), Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters), Ben Henry, Shaun Johnson, Simon Mannering, Alehana Mara, Ben Matulino, Elijah Taylor, Manu Vatuvei (New Zealand Warriors), Adam Blair, Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers).

Squad out of the non-finals playing players.

No Fien - International retirement
No Nightingale - Injured

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/7618903/Nathan-Fien-retires-as-Kiwis-squad-named

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Kiwis train-on squad: Sam McKendry (Penrith Panthers), Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters), Ben Henry, Shaun Johnson, Simon Mannering, Alehana Mara, Ben Matulino, Elijah Taylor, Manu Vatuvei (New Zealand Warriors), Adam Blair, Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers).

Squad out of the non-finals playing players.

No Fien - International retirement
No Nightingale - Injured

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/7618903/Nathan-Fien-retires-as-Kiwis-squad-named
Thanks Nathan Fien. Who can ever forget Grannygate lol haha...

Reactions: mode81

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
I wonder how Idris or Zillman got into the team :confused:
Idris looks so over weight he probably needs the extra work out wich will help your titans,but yeah zip zip is still a head scratcher but their are only tackle bag holders at the end of the day.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Wow Nathan Fien retired from rep footy!

Impressive career achievements-
Queensland Rep
Kiwis World Champion, Four Nations Champion
Nrl Premiership
World Club Champion

Issac Luke looks set to play some big minutes in the test if he comes through the finals campaign ok

Mara named in the train on squad is an interesting call, most definitely hooker is a position with not much depth for The Kiwis now Fien has retired and Leuluai most likely not to play as well.