General Ranking our best wins of 2023

What was our best win of the year?

• Total voters
Knights slayed at home gets my vote. To produce a performance like that in a do or die match, in front of our faithful. Unreal! As for a regular season match, the come back at Shark park. What a game! I feel that game some what had an impact on the Sharks season.

Has be the Sharks come back game. I was at my parents house with a bunch of extended family and they were all on the edge of their seats (80% of them normally don't give a rats ass about league haha). That game re-captured my old mans love for the Warriors and he has watched every game since so it's gotta be that one for me.

Went for Raiders Invaded.

The defensive effort in that game - so un-Warriors like - made me believe we could actually Make The Finals. Before that game I was sticking to my pre-season prediction of IIRC 9th. We'd show definite signs of improvement but not enough to be counted as Final 8, the most we'd get was ending a couple of rounds in 8th position.

But after Raiders Invaded, I decided missing the 8 would actually really piss me off.

I've just been re-watching all our games ( well the wins anyway ) from 2023. I've got to go with the win in Canberra. I think this was the point where I really thought we were going to the top 8 at least.
Because;
1. nearly 30 minutes of all out defence where in previous seasons we would have been at least 12 points down.
2. that DWZ try with 12 men
3. Tom ( 'the hot tamale' ) Ale's first top grade try.
4. the way we battered them in the second half, topped off by Shaun Johnson's brilliant last minute intercept try.
5. and, just to show what a mean-spirited small minded kind of chap I am in this season of good-will, they way we pissed on a full house of Raiders fans there to see a celebration of Crokers's 300th game with a win over 'it's only the Warriors'.

ps nothing personal against Mr Croker himself- it's a hell of an achievement and any team would have been proud to have him.

pps all the best for Christmas and the New Year to all on here.

The win over the Cowboys and Sharks away set the season up for us. Crockers 300 I think was the best win.

HM to the round 4 win over the Dogs, which was a close game. Those media dicks in Sydney gave us little chance of a win, the Dogs were probably playing close to their best at R4 & we stayed with them and grounded out a tight win. The media said the Dogs were unlucky and no one gave the Warriors credit for the dull grinding win

The raiders game for me! They soaked up so much pressure then smashed over the top of them. And the unearthing of a future great!

I am so fucken high on Leiataua! For me it's a race between RTS , Berry, and Pompey.

He's got more skills than RTS or Berry. For me he will make that right edge way more dangerous.
you're right - there were so many highlights I should have been taking notes. Add Ali Leiataua's performance to the list. I hope he fulfils his potential - with us!

Sharks game. That's the game that gave everyone belief. I loved SJs post game smiles.

Canberra game we should never have gone to golden point. Heck we would have lost if Croker wasn't a choker.

Knights game of course it had way more meaning because playoffs but all I remember is we scored and in a team huddle except for AFB who walked back under the stocks by himself.

Round 1 - the win over the Knights. Even then I could tell we had something special happening and we seemed fit, clinical and playing at a speed I hadn’t seen from us before.

Probably not the greatest win of the season but it triggered something in me.

Posters were saying you need to round 6 to pick how a season will go but it just felt like we had it together and the ‘relief’ our preseason under a new coach had come together plus the afterglow of a great season ahead was a day to remember.

Round 1 - the win over the Knights. Even then I could tell we had something special happening and we seemed fit, clinical and playing at a speed I hadn’t seen from us before.

Probably not the greatest win of the season but it triggered something in me.

Posters were saying you need to round 6 to pick how a season will go but it just felt like we had it together!
Thought the same when we beat the cowgirls in Townsville.

When the season finished I was thinking of a thread like this but wanted to have all of the wins listed. It looked like the poll options couldn't handle the amount of wins we had.

We started off with some good performances. I was expecting things to fall over at some point but even the losses early on they were competitive. Then they would turn it around.

Early on I would have favoured these two.
  • The Cowboys game in Townsville early on was a good one.
  • The Sharks comeback. Down by so much and they worked their way back into the game and got the last minute win.

Now later on in the season some of the stand outs to me were.
  • The Canberra golden point win. The last part of the 80 minutes wasn't great but the composure in golden point how they nailed it was great.
  • The Sharks home win where we just blew them off the park. Been a long time since we did that.
  • Canberra Friday night away from home where we ran over them in front of a huge crowd.
The weeks around the Canberra game in Canberra was some of our best form. Got some big wins and some good wins away from home. The win against the Raiders stands out as it was a full house as they were celebrating a club legends milestone game. A situation we would typically fall over and give them a reason to celebrate. Not this year we spoiled the party and even had a rookie making his debut marking the milestone player.

Back